Is there any experimental proof/evidence of bendy light?

• 10 Replies
Is there any experimental proof/evidence of bendy light?
« on: February 24, 2010, 08:43:22 PM »
The only thing I can think of which remotely relates to this is Einstein's prediction about the position of stars during an eclipse. This has been backed by repeated experiments by many different astronomers/astrophysicists to a very high degree of veracity. However, this...is due to gravity, or its effects on spacetime and consequently light, wherein lies the problem for FET.

Gravity MUST exist for this effect to happen. For those FE'ers crying 'gravity does not exist! it is gravitation!' or similar trash talk, please explain why the sun or moon do not have rocket boosters propelling them upwards at the same acceleration as Earth.

There is no evidence or experimental proof of 'Electromagnetic Acceleration' or light bending for what appears to be no reason whatsoever.

=> No experimental proof against the 'ship-sinking over the horizon' problem

Even if we assume that EAT exists, why does the light-bending phenomena only occur at the distance from observer to horizon when the ship appears to 'sink'? If it doesn't and occurs at shorter or longer distances, please post proof.

This also kills the 'look around you the earth is flat!' argument.

Re: Is there any experimental proof/evidence of bendy light?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 12:36:42 PM »
I think a flat earth reply would be something like, "We know the Earth is flat, therefore light must bend in order to explain why ships sink at the horizon."

As far as I know there is no empirical evidence that light bends as the flat earthers claim it does beyond the fact that their theory does not hold any merit unless light bends.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »
There is no evidence for Bendy Light. It's just a conclusion drawn from an assumption that the earth is flat. If we evaluate bendy light on it's own it does not hold up.

Even Parsifal will admit this but I'll happily quote him on it if need be.
My city was betrayed by the weak..

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:21:33 PM »
So... without bendy light FET is impossible. And there is no evidence of bendy light... so...

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 02:45:22 AM »
So... without bendy light FET is impossible. And there is no evidence of bendy light... so...
...it must exist anyway, because for some reason the Earth is flat. And if bendy light exists (which it must do, because the earth is flat) the earth must be flat.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 04:10:40 AM »
...it must exist anyway, because for some reason the Earth is flat. And if bendy light exists (which it must do, because the earth is flat) the earth must be flat.

But where is the proof? There is none, so FET is impossible.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 04:30:24 AM »

But proof must exist, because the Earth is Flat. And if proof exists, the Earth must be flat.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 08:02:55 AM »

No, just highly improbable.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 09:23:26 AM »
I need a guessed rate of curvature (bishop constant would be appreciated, parsi) so I can properly set up an experiment. Hopefully I'd have enough room in my backyard, but I could move it to the park.

Also, if any FE'ers or RE'ers would like to donate to the experiment, the most expensive part is probably going to be the laser that's strong enough to see the beam.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 03:02:23 PM »
I need a guessed rate of curvature (bishop constant would be appreciated, parsi) so I can properly set up an experiment. Hopefully I'd have enough room in my backyard, but I could move it to the park.

Also, if any FE'ers or RE'ers would like to donate to the experiment, the most expensive part is probably going to be the laser that's strong enough to see the beam.

If it was an experiment which would obviously yield important information, it would self-fund itself.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 03:45:19 PM »

There's a self made experiment using light sources a great distance away that quite easily disproves bendy light. Look at the positions of the stars and observe that the distance between any two stars remains constant regardless of their proximity to the horizon.
Bendy light disproved.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.