Gravity Explained, Flat Earth Explained, Round Earth Explained

• 8 Replies
Hi all, this is my first message after first viewing FAQs and deciding that my long-held theory should satisfy everyone while answering many unexplained problems.

The Earth is both flat and spherical. Let me explain. Consider your normal, everyday bucket. Fill it with water. Grab the handle firmly and quickly swing it forwards up and over your head without stopping. Notice that the water does not, contrary to conventional gravitational effects, fall out of the bucket and wet you.

Therefore, we may conclude that the Earth shows the effects of gravity due to centrifugal force, which is to say, the Earth is rotating fast enough around a central point to force water and all other objects downwards, onto or into, the flat surface.

Now this does not for one second back up the FET, or the idea that is a disc with or without edges. Rather, it backs up the RET only that we are living on the INSIDE of the sphere, rather than the outside. Further evidence for this exists.

Around the turn of the 19th into the 20th century, geodesic experiments were carried out to further verify the actual circumference of the planet. Mineshafts exactly one mile deep and one mile apart were joined by a vertical shaft so that measurements could be made to see just how much less the distance would be at the bottom, thereby allowing calculations to be made on the variations. What actually happened was extremely puzzling, both in the US and France where the experiment was repeated, and that was that the distance between the bottom of the shafts was a full eight inches GREATER than at the top.

Every possible variable was taken into consideration, including weighing down the the mile-long cables with heavy weights suspended in barrels of oil and left to stand for days before re-measuring, etc, etc, and the geodesc scientists were left scratching their heads before filing it away in the too-hard basket to be simply forgotten. But what it does prove, therefore, is that the further into the earth we travel, the further we are actually travelling outside of the sphere, perhaps eventually to even leave this optical illusion of a universe we see.

The universe we see may also be explained thus: the further into the sphere things are, the more compressed in size and matter they become. Nearer celestial bodies such as the sun and moon may well be "spotlights" or pinholes withinn further inner spheres, but they may just as easily be celestial bodies as they appear to be, taking up just as much matter as they appear to do, but in actual fact 'shrinking' in physical space.

[I would type more but this window keeps 'disappearing' my writying off the bottom of the page making it difficult to see what I'm typing and correct typos as I go]. I look forward to discussing this further.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
Re: Gravity Explained, Flat Earth Explained, Round Earth Explained
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 12:47:39 AM »
'Cept that when the Earth gets further away, it drops out of view, not rise up into it like in Halo.

Bendy light on steroids?

?

ERTW

• Always fall back to common sense
Don't diss physics until you try it!

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 01:13:31 AM »
Not a new idea:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=35454.0

I did in fact check that out first, and my theory varies considerably. The main point being that the surface of the Earth is the ENTIRE outer disc, not merely a small platform floating around on a turtle's back within it.

Running out of space, I also failed to mention the possibility of inner spheres possibly also being portholes into other dimensions altogether. Plus, I found it too difficult to type in the idea, or rather notion, that planes that fligh "higher" actually reach their destination faster because, apart from lowering air resistance (minimal effect), they actually travel distinctly less distance (as evidenced in the geodesic experiments).

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 01:18:36 AM »
'Cept that when the Earth gets further away, it drops out of view, not rise up into it like in Halo.

Bendy light on steroids?

Point taken, but remember too that it is still a very, very big planet. The higher we get, the more we see of it, until it is obscured by atmosphere and haze. Also, consider the fish-eye lens. Who's to say that our eyes actually show the correct curvature of what is, as opposed to what we see? Why not the fish-eye lens being the correct way the world actually is? At the end of the day, can we trust our brains and the limitations of curved eye-lenses which actually even invert the image we see, first. Experiments have been done where people are made to wear goggles which invert every image they see, and after a few days, they begin to see everything the right way up anyway.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 01:40:02 AM »
There was a historic model where the universe was closed and the edge was the surface of the earth. Enclosed was the rest of the universe.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 01:45:47 AM »
Point taken, but remember too that it is still a very, very big planet.

Very, very big space apparently takes up less room.

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 01:50:15 AM »
Point taken, but remember too that it is still a very, very big planet.

Very, very big space apparently takes up less room.

Precisely. This theory is well summed up in the original Men In Black movie. Other theories also reasonably suggest that entire universes may well exist within every atom, and that our own universe is but an atom of another even greater molecule of another being of another universe, and so on and so on in both directions infinitely.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 11:08:06 AM »

Bendy light on steroids?

Point taken, but remember too that it is still a very, very big planet. The higher we get, the more we see of it, until it is obscured by atmosphere and haze. Also, consider the fish-eye lens. Who's to say that our eyes actually show the correct curvature of what is, as opposed to what we see? Why not the fish-eye lens being the correct way the world actually is? At the end of the day, can we trust our brains and the limitations of curved eye-lenses which actually even invert the image we see, first. Experiments have been done where people are made to wear goggles which invert every image they see, and after a few days, they begin to see everything the right way up anyway.
Because no fish eye lens actually forces object in view, to disappear around the back of the object you are looking at. They just squish things, not keep things in proportion but in a different place.