In the FET model, how are mountains/mountain ranges formed?

• 51 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: In the FET model, how are mountains/mountain ranges formed?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 11:01:21 AM »
I know, however you cited a figure for its height. Where did you get that figure from? Where did anybody get that figure from?

The idea of a greater Ice Wall was around before I joined the forum. People read "Ice Wall" and instantly assume a 80,000+ foot tall wall of ice, which reaches to the top of the atmosphere.

There is only one Ice Wall. It is 150 feet tall and surrounds the majority of the Antarctic coast. It's also known as the Antarctic Ice Shelves.

http://i23.tinypic.com/nwkp5t.jpg
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 11:04:40 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 12:29:44 PM »
I know, however you cited a figure for its height. Where did you get that figure from? Where did anybody get that figure from?

The idea of a greater Ice Wall was around before I joined the forum. People read "Ice Wall" and instantly assume a 80,000+ foot tall wall of ice, which reaches to the top of the atmosphere.

There is only one Ice Wall. It is 150 feet tall and surrounds the majority of the Antarctic coast. It's also known as the Antarctic Ice Shelves.

Read Earth Not a Globe.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 03:40:12 PM »

80,000 feet - figure out of nowhere with no basis for being that number rather than any other.
150 feet - figure out of nowhere with no basis for being that number rather than any other.

Presumably you refer to Arctic glaciers and shelves of ice as Ice Walls too? And glaciers in other places?
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, 05:53:13 PM »
80,000 feet - figure out of nowhere with no basis for being that number rather than any other.

The greater Ice Wall is supposed to keep the atmosphere in. That's where the figure comes from.

150 feet - figure out of nowhere with no basis for being that number rather than any other.

The 150 foot Ice Wall is 150 feet because it was measured to be as such. Sir James Clark Ross described it as a 50 meter high front of ice at the Antarctic coast.

Presumably you refer to Arctic glaciers and shelves of ice as Ice Walls too? And glaciers in other places?

Some people call them shelves. We call them walls.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2010, 06:55:14 PM »

Some people call them shelves. We call them walls.

That's because 'shelf' is a more accurate description.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 07:19:17 PM »
  ...  Ancient cosmologers, if you will, also made observations in other areas that happen to support round earth such as Eratosthenes' use of the sun and shadows to determine the circumference of the Earth.  

Eratosthenes' experiment only works to prove the circumference of the earth if we assume the earth is flat and the sun is so far away that the sun rays are parallel. Candlesticks on my dining room table leave various shadows as well. It will not make the table into a sphere.

I tend to think it does exist, if only because it appears so frequently in ancient cosmologies/mythos.

So do dragons and demons and gods like Zeus!

I'm not necessarily opposed to the concept of demons and gods (though perhaps not dragons) either.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 12:15:56 PM by Ski »
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2010, 09:07:19 PM »
ITT = Bishop not knowing how tall the ice wall would have to be for it to make sure we don't leak atmosphere.

But yea, it would have to be extremely tall. And very far inland so we can't see it. However, this would case lots of weather anomalies from such a large region of very cold air. This doesn't happen, ergo, no ice wall.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2010, 09:22:11 PM »
An 80,000+ foot Ice Wall isn't necessary to keep in the atmosphere.

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2010, 03:12:57 AM »
An 80,000+ foot Ice Wall isn't necessary to keep in the atmosphere.

Yea, gravity will do fine.

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2010, 07:07:58 AM »
ITT = People not knowing how high the wall would have to be.

TBH, it would have to be very high to make sure random movement of molecules doesn't push them over. This requires 100KM+ mountains.

80,000 feet would leak most of the world's air very quickly.

?

DanielPZC

• Supporter of the Flat Earth Fact.
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2010, 01:09:02 PM »
God created the mountains:

Quote from: Genesis
Genesis 1:9 - And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Genesis 1:10 - And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2010, 01:31:41 PM »

Genesis 1:9 - And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Genesis 1:10 - And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

god also said he never became tired, yet he rested (because he was tired) after 6 days of making the earth etc.
Please dont be stupid

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2010, 03:21:23 PM »
People, please stop quoting scripture verses you have taken out of context.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2010, 11:43:21 PM »

Go to religion board plz. This is science, now move on.

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2010, 06:33:05 AM »

Go to religion board plz. This is science, now move on.

Word.
My city was betrayed by the weak..

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2010, 08:44:46 AM »
Read the FAQ, you don't need a mountain range to hold in the atmosphere at all.

A1: In the general model, there is a vector field created during the interaction between DE and the Earth. This is known as the DEF, which it acts as a containment to prevent DE from affecting objects with mass on Earth. This explains why the atmolayer will not be diffused into space. Here is an explanation on the DEF's structure by one of our moderators.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »
That won't stop the diffusion of air molecules. That just makes us/atmosphere feel gravity. Random molecular motion would cause us to lose our air very quickly.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »

A1: In the general model, there is a vector field created during the interaction between DE and the Earth. This is known as the DEF, which it acts as a containment to prevent DE from affecting objects with mass on Earth. This explains why the atmolayer will not be diffused into space. Here is an explanation on the DEF's structure by one of our moderators.

edited to make it larger
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2010, 05:00:39 PM »
Hmm, let me rephrase myself. Just because dark energy doesn't accelerate the atmosphere, doesn't mean it can't leak. That is really sneaky logic for the n00bs.

That explanation has nothing to do why atmosphere won't leak out unless it is an infinite plane which has its own set of problems.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2010, 05:58:58 PM »
Just because you say something doesn't make it true.

Do you have proof of this so called DE interaction other than its own theory?

Thought not.

?

ERTW

• Always fall back to common sense
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2010, 05:41:48 PM »

edited to make it larger

Basically the answer is that a completely unknown field must exist in order to hold the atmosphere in, since we observe that the atmosphere is still here. Brilliant.
Don't diss physics until you try it!

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2010, 05:42:41 PM »
Even his unknown field says nothing of diffusion of air.

Love how FE people ignore this now. Keep this bumped.