Is mars flat, too?

• 49 Replies

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
Re: Is mars flat, too?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2010, 08:48:45 AM »
but, in order to have gravity, which it does... it must be moving UP... right?!

So if it doesn't follow the same principals... the entire theory falls apart!

(in other words, idiots, if other planetary bodies dont follow the same thing, it means your entire theory is not only flawed, its false. whats worse, is that other planetary bodies cannot be mapped flatly, either because they rotate and we can observe it from earth.)
Mars is round, has gravitation, and is affected by Universal Acceleration. There is no flaw, you're just an idiot.

Lorddave

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2010, 09:39:07 AM »
but, in order to have gravity, which it does... it must be moving UP... right?!

So if it doesn't follow the same principals... the entire theory falls apart!

(in other words, idiots, if other planetary bodies dont follow the same thing, it means your entire theory is not only flawed, its false. whats worse, is that other planetary bodies cannot be mapped flatly, either because they rotate and we can observe it from earth.)
Mars is round, has gravitation, and is affected by Universal Acceleration. There is no flaw, you're just an idiot.

So then what's the difference between the Earth and Mars?  Both seem to be made of matter and matter causes gravity.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2010, 09:46:57 AM »
matter causes gravity.
First of all, I believe you mean "gravitation". And second, that's a pretty rash statement to be making. Do you have any evidence to support that outlandish claim.

Misterkami

• Round Earth enthusiast
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2010, 10:25:51 AM »
matter causes gravity.
First of all, I believe you mean "gravitation". And second, that's a pretty rash statement to be making. Do you have any evidence to support that outlandish claim.

There's no need to use the word "outlandish" every time someone claims something that is not in line with FET. You yourself just stated that Mars has gravitation. Saying that earth has it as well is not nearly outlandish enough to justify using those words to mock his claim.
~No Ordinary Moments~

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 10:32:59 AM »
matter causes gravity.

There's no need to use the word "outlandish" every time someone claims something that is not in line with FET. You yourself just stated that Mars has gravitation. Saying that earth has it as well is not nearly outlandish enough to justify using those words to mock his claim.
That's like saying that since fish can breath underwater, so can humans. So either go into the deep end of the pool with several cinder blocks around your waist, or provide evidence for your claim that matter causes gravity (gravitation).

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 12:14:03 PM »
matter causes gravity.

That's like saying that since fish can breath underwater, so can humans. So either go into the deep end of the pool with several cinder blocks around your waist, or provide evidence for your claim that matter causes gravity (gravitation).
I could just as easily ask you to show me proof of the universal acceleration nonsense.  Could you?

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »
I could just as easily ask you to show me proof of the universal acceleration nonsense.  Could you?
Here's a fool proof testing method.
1. Get a chair.
2. Stand on chair.
3. Jump off chair.
4. Observe the Earth accelerate towards you.

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2010, 12:24:49 PM »
1. Get a chair.
2. Stand on chair.
3. Jump off chair.
Not proof.  That shows results, with no explanation of why the results happen.  With your proof I could as easily make the claim that if proves that the air is so heavy it pushes us back to the earth. 

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2010, 12:26:02 PM »
1. Get a chair.
2. Stand on chair.
3. Jump off chair.
Not proof.  That shows results, with no explanation of why the results happen.  With your proof I could as easily make the claim that if proves that the air is so heavy it pushes us back to the earth. 
That test proves that the Earth accelerated towards you. Logically something must be causing that, and we call it "Dark Energy".

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2010, 12:30:45 PM »
That test proves that in relation to your position the Earth accelerated towards you.
Fixed. It in no way proves that the accelerating object was you or earth.

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2010, 12:34:14 PM »
1. Get a chair.
2. Stand on chair.
3. Jump off chair.
That test proves that the Earth accelerated towards you. Logically something must be causing that, and we call it "Dark Energy".
Negative ghostrider...All that test proves is that if you move off the chair you move towards the earth/the earth moves to you.  The test does Nothing to prove dark energy.  You INTERPRET the facts to be that dark energy exists.

Your proof that the earth rushes up to meet you just as easily proofs that we fall back towards the earth.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2010, 12:39:38 PM »
Negative ghostrider...All that test proves is that if you move off the chair you move towards the earth/the earth moves to you.
Your proof that the earth rushes up to meet you just as easily proofs that we fall back towards the earth.
You clearly failed at performing the experiment. The results do not show the earth is moving towards you, and that you're moving towards the earth.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 12:41:13 PM »
Negative ghostrider...All that test proves is that if you move off the chair you move towards the earth/the earth moves to you.
You clearly failed at performing the experiment. The results do not show the earth is moving towards you, and that you're moving towards the earth.
Yes it does. For all we know, both objects are meeting halfway.

EDIT: actually, this is technically what happens anyway.

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2010, 12:44:31 PM »
Um wait.  Are you saying I failed at falling off a chair?  Even if somehow I managed to do it wrong (wtf?) i still don't see how the results would be anything other than me impacting the ground.  Thus the results of the test are going to be exactly the same as if I do it right or wrong.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2010, 01:00:42 PM »
Um wait.  Are you saying I failed at falling off a chair?  Even if somehow I managed to do it wrong (wtf?) i still don't see how the results would be anything other than me impacting the ground.  Thus the results of the test are going to be exactly the same as if I do it right or wrong.
If you were to use a jetpack and fly upwards, you would have clearly performed the test wrong and gotten very different results versus performing correctly.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2010, 01:02:24 PM »
If you were to use a jetpack and fly upwards, you would have clearly performed the test wrong and gotten very different results versus performing correctly.
You're an idiot and you know very well why. Stop trolling. You should clearly know better.

Your experiment proves nothing.

parsec

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2010, 01:04:10 PM »
You're an idiot and you know very well why. Stop trolling. You should clearly know better.

It proves that the Earth and the person falling do not have the same velocity in any Frame of Reference.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2010, 01:05:09 PM »

It proves that the Earth and the person falling do not have the same velocity in any Frame of Reference.
That is true. It doesn't prove nothing.

It does however prove nothing of what it was said to prove.

parsec

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2010, 01:12:40 PM »
It doesn't prove nothing.
That's a double negation. It is equivalent to it proves something.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2010, 01:15:36 PM »
It doesn't prove nothing.
That's a double negation. It is equivalent to it proves something.
Yea I know. I said it proves nothing and you told me that it does. Therefore I worded it in a way that negated my own comment because you're correct.