Is mars flat, too?

• 49 Replies
?

Eratosthenes2

• lolflatearthsocietylol
Is mars flat, too?
« on: February 21, 2010, 09:46:13 AM »
????

what about the rest of our solar system?!

Edit, the post that killed FET like a nuclear bomb. Walked right into my trap like a chicken to the slaughterhouse:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=36699.msg910287#msg910287
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:28:38 AM by Eratosthenes2 »

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
Re: Is mars flat, too?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 09:54:40 AM »
????

No.

?

Eratosthenes2

• lolflatearthsocietylol
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 10:00:17 AM »
but, in order to have gravity, which it does... it must be moving UP... right?!

So if it doesn't follow the same principals... the entire theory falls apart!

(in other words, idiots, if other planetary bodies dont follow the same thing, it means your entire theory is not only flawed, its false. whats worse, is that other planetary bodies cannot be mapped flatly, either because they rotate and we can observe it from earth.)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:02:26 AM by Eratosthenes2 »

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 10:01:28 AM »
????

It is flat. Please read Rowbothams spectacular scientific revelation Earth Not a Globe. It is only filled with facts.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 10:01:49 AM »
but, in order to have gravity, which it does... it must be moving UP... right?!

So if it doesn't follow the same principals... the entire theory falls apart!

Oh no! This guy's come up with evidence disproving the Flat Earth Theory! No-one's done that before!

?

Eratosthenes2

• lolflatearthsocietylol
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 10:03:24 AM »
????

It is flat. Please read Rowbothams spectacular scientific revelation Earth Not a Globe. It is only filled with facts.
No. It isnt. it freakin rotates, you can observe that with a telescope and a camera.

You can do it from earth, too. From your back yard, even, if its in the middle of nowhere not near a city. it does not have the same type of orbit the moon does, meaning, we can see the entire surface from earth because of its rotation.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:06:53 AM by Eratosthenes2 »

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 10:06:39 AM »
No. It isnt. it freakin rotates, you can observe that with a telescope and a camera.

I have searched ENaG for "freakin rotates". 0 results found.

?

Eratosthenes2

• lolflatearthsocietylol
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 10:07:47 AM »

that book is classified as science fiction. it is not a reliable source.

?

Eratosthenes2

• lolflatearthsocietylol
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 10:11:37 AM »
also, jupiter is a massive gas giant. it has the mass of a golfball, and due to zero gravity its about a thousand times the size of the earth.

space > your theory.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 10:12:37 AM »

It is gold plated truth. Take an orange. Paint half black. The earth is flat.

?

Eratosthenes2

• lolflatearthsocietylol
Re: Is mars flat, too? (FET has been nuked from orbit, everyone can go home)
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 10:14:25 AM »

That doesn't prove anything.

(my statement, however, does. You can observe mars, and other nearby planets actually physically rotate, if you point a telescopic camera at them during their near-earth pass. No. Really. Try it)

Reason I say telescopic camera, is because, obviously, you don't want to sit outside for a full week, looking at a planet to see it rotate. That technique would allow you to speed the video up and actually watch it happen.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:25:48 AM by Eratosthenes2 »

?

Gigamonsta

• Earth Shape Agnostic (ESA) - QUESTION EVERYTHING
Re: Is mars flat, too? (FET has been nuked from orbit, everyone can go home)
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 07:50:35 PM »

That doesn't prove anything.

(my statement, however, does. You can observe mars, and other nearby planets actually physically rotate, if you point a telescopic camera at them during their near-earth pass. No. Really. Try it)

Reason I say telescopic camera, is because, obviously, you don't want to sit outside for a full week, looking at a planet to see it rotate. That technique would allow you to speed the video up and actually watch it happen.

so in RET since earth is round is round does that mean that everything in solar system is round? ar black holes round? round like an orange? in FET i think the earth is special and is flat. as an earth shape agnostic i think thats most likely tjhat it is the only flat object we can observr.

parsec

There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 09:01:58 AM »
also, jupiter is a massive gas giant. it has the mass of a golfball, and due to zero gravity its about a thousand times the size of the earth.

space > your theory.

i think your very slightly underestimating the mass of jupiter  ;)

although it is made of gas, it has more than 100x more mass than the earth (im not sure the exact number offhand)

I Am You

• Information
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 10:58:07 AM »
Actually I am pretty sure that only earth is flat, as it is the center of the universe. Because it is what everything rotates around, the centrifugal force of all that rotation forces the shape of the earth to be flat and as you go out, less solar wind is exerted on the other celestial objects and they can become gradually more spherical, with things on the edges of the universe almost a perfect globe.
What are we but ourselves?

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 12:46:27 PM »
Actually I am pretty sure that only earth is flat, as it is the center of the universe. Because it is what everything rotates around, the centrifugal force of all that rotation forces the shape of the earth to be flat and as you go out, less solar wind is exerted on the other celestial objects and they can become gradually more spherical, with things on the edges of the universe almost a perfect globe.
You're taking the shape of the earth as a constant. You need it to be the dependant variable. In other words, you need to use other variables/observations to prove the shape of the earth. Not the other way around.

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 01:40:46 PM »

although it is made of gas, it has more than 100x more mass than the earth (im not sure the exact number offhand)

Which is why it's used as a standard measurement of the mass of extrasolar planets.

True story.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 03:28:39 PM »
Mars is a planet. The Earth is not a planet.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 03:30:33 PM »
What constitutes a planet?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 03:44:59 PM »

space > your theory.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupiter
Mass 1.8986×1027 kg[5],  317.8 Earths,  1/1047 Sun[10]
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 05:05:59 PM »

Apparently Earth is so important that we are at the center of the universe - so we must be different to those that we see.

Get over yourselves, Earth is minuscule and nobody but us would miss it if it were to vanish.

?

2fst4u

• High and Tighty
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 05:25:15 PM »

Apparently Earth is so important that we are at the center of the universe - so we must be different to those that we see.

Get over yourselves, Earth is minuscule and nobody but us would miss it if it were to vanish.
I would

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 05:28:22 PM »
Non euclidean geometry means that every planet can be flat without intersecting. Non euclidean geometry is independent of dimension, and consistent with round earth.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 05:41:14 PM »

A celestial body, other than the Sun, Moon and Antimoon, whose position changes relative to the Earth.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »

A celestial body, other than the Sun, Moon and Antimoon, whose position changes relative to the Earth.

Like an asteroid or a comet?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 08:02:19 PM »

???
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 09:08:20 PM »
Since you can clearly see a circular disc with features on it when you look at Mars (features which change by the way) then if it were a disc, the flat part would have to always face us. If the Earth is constantly accelerating to simulate gravity, then these too must be accelerating in parallel paths. It seems unlikely that the features of the planets would scroll along the surface the way they do like some gigantic conveyor belt, so it is equally unlikely that they are flat.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2010, 08:03:51 AM »

You can't be serious. You can't be serious. Youcan'tbeserious.Youcan'tbeserious.Youcan'tbeserious.

Misterkami

• Round Earth enthusiast
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2010, 08:43:33 AM »

You can't be serious. You can't be serious. Youcan'tbeserious.Youcan'tbeserious.Youcan'tbeserious.
LOL, maybe he meant that Mars is A planet and earth is THE planet..
~No Ordinary Moments~