Because they aren't on the ground.

http://twitter.com/astro_soichi
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
Re: So, where do astronauts go again?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 09:23:54 AM »
How exactly does his Twitter page prove whether or not he goes to space?

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 11:30:51 AM »
Live updates with picture requests granted with exif data.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 11:32:41 AM »
I don't really see why this thread is in the debate board, so moved.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 11:36:15 AM »
Yes, there are pictures.  What exactly do easily-faked pictures prove, again?

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 11:53:54 AM »
:(

Since they're taken with the camera he owns, from a space shuttle, with some at people's requests, and the exif data shows they're from the proper time with his camera, and he's obviously not taking them from earth...

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 11:55:46 AM »
:(

Since they're taken with the camera he owns, from a space shuttle, with some at people's requests, and the exif data shows they're from the proper time with his camera, and he's obviously not taking them from earth...

exif data can't be faked? ???
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 11:57:41 AM »
It can, but there's plenty of info in exif data that faking it would lead to you messing up eventually.

I figure if the exif data is faked, there has to be an erroneous entry. I mean, otherwise there would be no FES because the conspiracy would have pulled the veil over EVERYONE'S eyes.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »
Or else they're just very good at faking stuff like this. That's where the money goes...
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 06:12:34 PM »
Or else they're just very good at faking stuff like this. That's where the money goes...

I disagree. I think the money goes towards where they say it does. A conspiracy like this would be impossible to cover up. The American government isn't nearly capable of pulling off something like this.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

?

ERTW

• Always fall back to common sense
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 12:32:41 AM »
Clearly at least some money must be spend on launching all those rockets into the upper atmosphere, since they can be visually seen from the ground to quite some height.
Don't diss physics until you try it!

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 04:15:58 AM »
Anything could be faked. That's the point. You can't disprove any of this crazy theory, because they can just make up their own laws of physics to explain everything. Don't worry, though, because I'm the centre of the universe, and this is all part of my master plan. It's all in the plan, Xenu. Don't worry, it's all in the plan.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 05:45:35 AM »

I disagree. I think the money goes towards where they say it does. A conspiracy like this would be impossible to cover up. The American government isn't nearly capable of pulling off something like this.

I know. Good thing nobody is suggesting that the American government is responsible.

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 06:13:38 AM »

I know. Good thing nobody is suggesting that the American government is responsible.

NASA is a government agency last time I checked.

[Wilmore] Oh but you said the American government! Another fictory for FET! [/derp]
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 02:30:51 PM »

To cliche, Thats exactly what they would want you to think.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 03:16:48 PM »

[Wilmore] Oh but you said the American government! Another fictory for FET! [/derp]

It is a government agency, but that doesn't make this an official American government operation.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »
It is a government agency, but that doesn't make this an official American government operation.

The US government directed NASA to (among other things) send men to the moon, build a reusable space shuttle system and build an international space station.  Sounds pretty official to me.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Don B

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 05:21:46 PM »

Who is responsible?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 05:33:44 PM »

The US government directed NASA to (among other things) send men to the moon, build a reusable space shuttle system and build an international space station.  Sounds pretty official to me.

The space shuttle, lunar expeditions, and ISS are government projects, yes.  Faking space travel, lying about it, and embezzling money are not.

Wait, why am I even explaining this to you, anyway?  You've been here more than long enough to know about the basics of the theory here.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 05:35:14 PM »
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 05:36:02 AM »

Who is responsible?

The Conspiracy.

Sorry if the distinction is too much for you to grasp, but it's not like we haven't made it before.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 11:52:25 AM »

Who is responsible?

The Conspiracy.

Sorry if the distinction is too much for you to grasp, but it's not like we haven't made it before.
Why hasn't the consipiracy arranged an "accident" for you yet? It seems like you already know too much.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 12:20:17 PM »
Why hasn't the consipiracy arranged an "accident" for you yet? It seems like you already know too much.

Why should they?  What would killing Wilmore achieve?  It's not like many people take FET seriously, anyway.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 02:06:44 PM »
Nevertheless, I have been directly threatened by agents working on behalf of The Conspiracy.

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 02:08:24 PM »
Nevertheless, I have been directly threatened by agents working on behalf of The Conspiracy.

Oh really?

The plot thickens.  :o

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 04:09:29 PM »

You are unable to prove this. Therefore we should view it as a lie until you can.
After all, that's what you flat guys do with all claims by roundies, isn't it?  ;)
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 04:14:32 PM »

You are unable to prove this. Therefore we should view it as a lie until you can.

No, you need to prove it's a lie before you can claim as much.

After all, that's what you flat guys do with all claims by roundies, isn't it?  ;)

Uh, no? For example, when have I ever called you a liar?

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »

No, you need to prove it's a lie before you can claim as much.

After all, that's what you flat guys do with all claims by roundies, isn't it?  ;)

Uh, no? For example, when have I ever called you a liar?
You were very keen to emphasise that a statement by someone saying "I saw two satellites last night" in another thread should be treated as worthless, in fact you went on and on and on about it and got very huffy.
Looking back a few months ago someone who claimed to have seen curvature from Concorde was attacked by flat guys (maybe not you personally) who treated his claim as a lie unless he could "prove it" in some way.
And yet we are supposed to just take what you say at face value?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 02:30:47 AM »
You were very keen to emphasise that a statement by someone saying "I saw two satellites last night" in another thread should be treated as worthless, in fact you went on and on and on about it and got very huffy.

I did not get "huffy" at any point. Not sure where you got that idea. In any event, whilst I did not consider his unsupported statement as evidence, nor did I call him a liar. That's a pretty simple distinction to make, and it strikes me as unlikely that you are incapable of doing so, which means that in all probability you're just throwing ad hominems around for want of anything meaningful to say.

Lord Xenu

• ALL HAIL XENU!
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 02:43:04 AM »

I did not get "huffy" at any point. Not sure where you got that idea. In any event, whilst I did not consider his unsupported statement as evidence, nor did I call him a liar. That's a pretty simple distinction to make, and it strikes me as unlikely that you are incapable of doing so, which means that in all probability you're just throwing ad hominems around for want of anything meaningful to say.

So NASA has sent agents to try and intimidate you into stopping your forum-related activities? How did they do this?