Random Religious Comic Thread

• 604 Replies

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
Re: Random Religious Comic Thread
« Reply #510 on: October 24, 2011, 01:24:26 AM »
Oh, the picture. I didn't even know who he was as I don't follow the American abortion debate so well. Abortion isn't as big of a controversy over here, thanks to less religious nutjobs.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #511 on: October 24, 2011, 09:33:34 AM »
For the record I never endorsed nor cheered the death of Tiller.

Nobody mentioned Tiller. Guilty conscience?

yeah he was, go back a page

Ah, my bad. Nobody openly endorsed what was done to Tiller, but the violent imagery, hateful propaganda and outright lies spread by FOX news (particularly Bill O'Reilly with his absurd "Tiller the baby killer" bullshit) was what fueled them. By continuing to support that stupid front for a particularly heinous kind of ultraconservatism you're supporting the shit they stir up with their rhetoric (Giffords, various neo-Nazi militias etc.)

There are other, less crazy places to get the right-wing viewpoint.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #512 on: October 24, 2011, 10:24:07 AM »

So abortion is bad, unplugging people on machines is bad, but according to the republican national debates unplugging people that don't have healthcare is awesome.

Kill the poor, save those that don't burden the gov't.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #513 on: October 24, 2011, 11:16:30 AM »

So abortion is bad, unplugging people on machines is bad, but according to the republican national debates unplugging people that don't have healthcare is awesome.

Kill the poor, save those that don't burden the gov't at precisely this particular moment in time.

Fixed. If you can't afford an abortion so you need it on Medicaid/Planned Parenthood, you can't afford to raise the kid.

rooster

« Reply #514 on: October 24, 2011, 12:11:41 PM »

Kill the poor, save those that don't burden the gov't at precisely this particular moment in time.

Fixed. If you can't afford an abortion so you need it on Medicaid/Planned Parenthood, you can't afford to raise the kid.

Wut? Planned Parenthood provides abortions, they don't pay for them.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #515 on: October 24, 2011, 12:20:06 PM »

You mean you have to pay them for it? That's bullshit.

I admit I don't know much about the abortion process in America, though.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #516 on: October 24, 2011, 12:58:49 PM »
I and the General could start a club where the only criteria is to be oblivious to abortion practices and debate in the US.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

rooster

« Reply #517 on: October 24, 2011, 01:03:14 PM »

Yes, you pay them for it. If you admit your ignorance why is my statement bullshit?

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #518 on: October 24, 2011, 01:07:31 PM »

Yes, you pay them for it. If you admit your ignorance why is my statement bullshit?

I think he means that having to pay for abortions is bullshit.

rooster

« Reply #519 on: October 24, 2011, 01:12:51 PM »
Oh. Why would you not have to pay for an abortion? The medical procedure/pills are expensive, they can't just give it out for free.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #520 on: October 24, 2011, 01:13:38 PM »
Oh. Why would you not have to pay for an abortion? The medical procedure/pills are expensive, they can't just give it out for free.

Free health care.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #521 on: October 24, 2011, 01:29:34 PM »
How much do you have to pay? You have to pay around 90 euro here.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #522 on: October 24, 2011, 01:34:05 PM »

Here in the civilised world (Europe), we do exactly that. And our healthcare systems are all better than yours. It's more efficient, too. You're ranked by the WHO at joint first with France in terms of expenditure, but place 37th in terms of quality. And Cuba's only two places below you when they're 118th in expenditure.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #523 on: October 24, 2011, 01:41:29 PM »

It's not free. Tax money pays for it.

rooster

« Reply #524 on: October 24, 2011, 01:44:02 PM »
How much do you have to pay? You have to pay around 90 euro here.

Last I heard it was around $500.

Tax money going to a morally questionable practice? Not in America.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #525 on: October 24, 2011, 01:51:17 PM »
morally questionable practice

To whom, Bible-nuts and woman-haters? We packed all of ours off to America centuries ago.

rooster

« Reply #526 on: October 24, 2011, 01:55:30 PM »

To whom, Bible-nuts and woman-haters? We packed all of ours off to America centuries ago.

Them, but not just them. I know this is hard for extremely liberal Europeans to understand. But hey, at least abortions are cheap compared to most other medical procedures.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #527 on: October 24, 2011, 02:04:35 PM »
It doesn't matter if it's morally questionable. Someone else has no right in what a mother wishes to do with an unborn child.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #528 on: October 24, 2011, 02:18:47 PM »

Them, but not just them.

As long as they're not the ones getting the abortion, they don't get an opinion on the matter.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #529 on: October 24, 2011, 02:30:12 PM »

Them, but not just them.

As long as they're not the ones getting the abortion, they don't get an opinion on the matter.

Categorical imperative.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #530 on: October 24, 2011, 02:34:52 PM »

Them, but not just them.

Categorical imperative.

It's a categorical kiss my arse, that's what it is.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #531 on: October 24, 2011, 02:37:44 PM »

Them, but not just them.

If only it were so simple.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #532 on: October 24, 2011, 02:41:11 PM »

Them, but not just them.

If only it were so simple.

If you guys can get your shit together long enough to elect a real progressive it would be. Or elect Ron Paul for one term, then get someone else to fix the economy after he fucks it up. You know, even more than everyone else since Clinton.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #533 on: October 24, 2011, 02:54:57 PM »
Abortion is already generally legal over here (and the only restrictions on it apply on the state level).  The issue is morons who bleat at the slightest move from our government that seems to acknowledge or condone abortions.

rooster

« Reply #534 on: October 24, 2011, 03:01:49 PM »
It doesn't matter if it's morally questionable. Someone else has no right in what a mother wishes to do with an unborn child.

WHOA wut. We're not talking about what anyone has a right to. Abortion is already legal in the US. I was just pointing out that we don't even have free health care, so why would taxpayers want to spend their money for women to have a free medical procedure that they don't even agree with? It's legal, but you gotta pay. And honestly, I think having free abortions is rather low on America's priority list.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #535 on: October 24, 2011, 03:04:28 PM »
How much does health insurance typically cost in the US?

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #536 on: October 24, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »

WHOA wut. We're not talking about what anyone has a right to. Abortion is already legal in the US. I was just pointing out that we don't even have free health care, so why would taxpayers want to spend their money for women to have a free medical procedure that they don't even agree with? It's legal, but you gotta pay. And honestly, I think having free abortions is rather low on America's priority list.

Healthcare in general seems to be rather low on America's priority list.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #537 on: October 24, 2011, 05:29:19 PM »
So let me get this straight, you can have an opinion on how, when and where I practice my religion but I can't have an opinion on a woman killing what I believe to be an unborn child. Unfair double standard.

Anyway...

I know I'm gonna regret this but....

LESS TALK, MOAR COMICZ!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:35:17 PM by Christianrocker90 »

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #538 on: October 24, 2011, 05:34:13 PM »

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #539 on: October 24, 2011, 05:36:25 PM »
So let me get this straight, you can have an opinion on how I practice my religion but I can't have an opinion on a woman killing what I believe to be an unborn child. Unfair double standard.
Oh, but of course you can have an opinion. It's just that, thanks to separation of church and state, your religion-based opinion will not be a factor in legislation.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)