Deodorant

• 42 Replies
?

grogberries

• I am large! I contain multitudes!
Deodorant
« on: February 04, 2010, 02:46:01 PM »
I'm trying to stop body odor but I've run into a few sticks of deodorant that smell worse than B.O.. What deodorant do you use? Do lady's have any recommendations as well? What do you like dudes to wear?
Think hard. Think Flat.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
Re: Deodorant
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 02:54:29 PM »
I like the Old Spice, High Endurance deodorant.  It smells pretty good but it's not too overpowering.  Plus, it's Bruce Campbell approved.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

grogberries

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 03:00:07 PM »
Also, I will wear any deodorant that gayer approves of.
Think hard. Think Flat.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 03:00:26 PM »
I use Gucci II deoderant stick.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 03:03:59 PM »
I wear any deodorant that doesn't smell of alcohol. Most Axe sticks will work. Or the Rexona Man deodorants.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 03:08:01 PM »
What is this "Deodorant" you speak of? ::)

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 03:09:12 PM »
I dont' actually wear deodorant much.  Basically only when I already am smelling pretty ripe and can't or don't want to take a shower right away.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 03:11:54 PM »
Also, I will wear any deodorant that gayer approves of.

I use a scentless, alcoholless roll-on antiperspirant. I recommend one of them.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

grogberries

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 03:17:30 PM »
hmm. I'll have to try that.

I'm also interested in this. We should make a FES deodorant stick. We could all smell the same!
http://www.instructables.com/id/Deodorant/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:21:11 PM by grogberries »
Think hard. Think Flat.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 03:24:09 PM »
It should be a very distinctive scent, too, so we always know who our FES compatriots are.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 03:30:01 PM »
I use perfumed antiperspirant. I don't use it extensively, though.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 04:34:03 PM »
I use Dove solid, original scent.  It doesn't smell too girly, you should try it. 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 05:03:45 PM »
Even if you don't use deodorant, you shouldn't have B.O. unless you a) wear your clothes for too long, or b) don't wash under your arms properly. Your armpits will probably smell sweaty without deo, but they shouldn't actually stink unless something isn't clean.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »
Well, that's sort of the thing. My armpits will start to smell of sweat literally minutes after I take a shower. Using a roll-on antiperspirant solves that problem.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 05:14:12 PM »
Same here - I have always sweated a great deal under the arms, so I use roll-on AP. However, there is a difference between that smell and out and out body odor. The smell of sweat doesn't travel, whereas I have literally been 'downwind' of people with B.O. and caught a solid whiff.

All I'm saying is, if you're having trouble with B.O., then deodorant or antiperspirant will really only mask the smell somewhat, and possibly not a lot. In all seriousness, if you have trouble with B.O. then you probably need to wash your clothes more often, or yourself more thoroughly.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

grogberries

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 05:50:27 PM »
The sweat attracts bacteria.
Think hard. Think Flat.

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 05:51:37 PM »
We should make nutmeg scented deodorant or something to that effect.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 06:04:08 PM »
BO is gross. I knew some obese people who moved and their house probably still smells like their BO.

Also, my hand smells like vinegar.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 06:18:35 PM »

Yeah, but that doesn't usually cause B.O. in the course of a single day. I'm not saying it won't do anything - maybe you wash your clothes and armpits often enough as it is, and deodorant is just what you need to get rid of any 'end of day' smell. But if it's more than that, you should start by making sure that you're wasking thoroughly every morning, and changing your upper body clothes every couple of days minimum (AND putting them into the wash afterwards - it might sound obvious, but I've seen things). If you sweat quite a bit and you're not doing these things, then deodorant is not going to help you.

I only say this because I know a lot of guys who don't seem to have any clue about personal hygene. I had a friend who told me (in all seriousnes) that he had begun shaving his armpits in order to sort out a B.O. problem. At which point I told him that a simpler method would have been to change his shirt every two days instead of every 5-6.

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 06:34:24 PM »
I generally get a slight BO smell after around 5-10 minutes out of the shower. I wash myself thoroughly, too, so I'm not sure why it happens.

?

grogberries

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 06:38:33 PM »

Yeah, but that doesn't usually cause B.O. in the course of a single day. I'm not saying it won't do anything - maybe you wash your clothes and armpits often enough as it is, and deodorant is just what you need to get rid of any 'end of day' smell. But if it's more than that, you should start by making sure that you're wasking thoroughly every morning, and changing your upper body clothes every couple of days minimum (AND putting them into the wash afterwards - it might sound obvious, but I've seen things). If you sweat quite a bit and you're not doing these things, then deodorant is not going to help you.

I only say this because I know a lot of guys who don't seem to have any clue about personal hygene. I had a friend who told me (in all seriousnes) that he had begun shaving his armpits in order to sort out a B.O. problem. At which point I told him that a simpler method would have been to change his shirt every two days instead of every 5-6.

I shower and change clothes daily. I really have a smell problem with the armpit area.
Think hard. Think Flat.

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 08:14:57 PM »
i don't smell unless i haven't showered for a day or two, assuming i change into clean clothes daily
an vir

Sexual Harassment Panda

• Now more sophisticated
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 08:19:42 PM »
I like the Old Spice, High Endurance deodorant.  It smells pretty good but it's not too overpowering.  Plus, it's Bruce Campbell approved.

This.
|^^^^^^^^^^^\||_____          
|     STFU          |||""'|"""\___            O
| ______________|||___|__|__|)          -|- 
  (@)@)""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)          / \

New Flat Earth FAQ: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30512.0

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2010, 08:28:56 PM »

This.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
this.
an vir

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2010, 08:43:45 PM »
It's believed that fresh sweat actually contains pheromones.  Stale sweat is what stinks.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

grogberries

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2010, 09:29:07 PM »
I couldn't find all the supplies to make my own deodorant, but I did make my own shampoo. I'll try it out tomorrow morning.
Think hard. Think Flat.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2010, 04:23:53 AM »
An individual's body odor is also influenced by diet, gender, genetics, health and medication.
says wiki so maybe something is making you smell worse.

Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2010, 04:44:58 AM »
Toilet Duck is very effective, especially if you drink it as well.
My I.Q. is 85. Or was it 58?

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2010, 05:14:44 AM »
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2010, 07:31:28 AM »
I use Original Source deodorant.

The End.