Requests not to post

• 34 Replies
?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
Requests not to post
« on: January 31, 2010, 06:43:20 AM »
I have been told by a moderator of these forums that I should not post in a thread, even though I what I posted was directly pertinent to the topic. I do not think that is fair.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
Re: Requests not to post
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 08:50:55 AM »
I have been told by a moderator of these forums that I should not post in a thread, even though I what I posted was directly pertinent to the topic. I do not think that is fair.

Most of your posts seem on topic. It seems unfair. ???
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 09:06:51 AM »

The sound of everyone caring......

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 09:44:40 AM »
So? The moderator had a reason, accept it.

Taters343

• Official Member
  • Pope/Tater/Robot with flower girl capabilities!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 09:47:56 AM »
If you have an issue with a moderator, take it up with an administrator in private, or stop doing whatever it was that you were doing. From what I've seen of your posts you rarely have anything to contribute to a conversation, so to me it seems as though you are the one at fault and should stop complaining about it. I haven't seen the specific thread you are referring to, so I can't be sure about this, but you generally provide no intelligent input to any discussion.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 09:57:58 AM »
If you have an issue with a moderator, take it up with an administrator in private, or stop doing whatever it was that you were doing. From what I've seen of your posts you rarely have anything to contribute to a conversation, so to me it seems as though you are the one at fault and should stop complaining about it. I haven't seen the specific thread you are referring to, so I can't be sure about this, but you generally provide no intelligent input to any discussion.
HERE TROLL. HAVE A TASTY POSTWHICH.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 11:02:09 AM »

I don't think the reason was valid. Accept that.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 11:06:55 AM »

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 11:35:19 AM by theonlydann »

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 11:12:22 AM »
If you have an issue with a moderator, take it up with an administrator in private,
This is the suggestions and concerns thread. That's what it's for. See:
If you have a problem with moderation, take it to S&C.

From what I've seen of your posts you rarely have anything to contribute to a conversation,

Oh really?
So I suppose being the only person on the forum to suggest a method of distinguishing a signal from a pseudolite from a signal from a satellite doesn't count as a contribution? I suppose pointing out that NONE of the flat earth ideas of how the sun orbits explain its movements from within the Antarctic Circle is irrelevant? Attempting to show how the positions of the stars in the sky might disprove the bendy light hypothesis doesn't count for anything? Crushing the "sun is a stagelight in Apollo pictures" through a proper explanation of photography was just filler, was it? Disproving James's idea that the Moon doesn't radiate any heat was not a contribution?
I could go on, and on, and on...

so to me it seems as though you are the one at fault and should stop complaining about it. I haven't seen the specific thread you are referring to
Need I say more?  ::)

Oh yeah, take your Santa hat off, Christmas is so last year.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 11:17:54 AM by Thermal Detonator »

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 11:49:59 AM »
Thermal Detonator, are you referring the topic I made in Q&A?
Poor grammar is the internet equivalent of body odor.
My site.

parsec

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 11:51:48 AM »

Read Earth Not a Globe if you want evidence.

*screams and screams and screams until he's sick*

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 12:40:17 PM »
It's always Christmas at the FES!

Face it, Thermal Detonator, the earth is flat!

Also  :-*
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 12:48:30 PM »
Thermal Detonator, are you referring the topic I made in Q&A?

Yes, the one about theories for sunrises and sunsets, where I point out that any theory regarding this has to account for the absence of sunsets during an Antarctic summer. To which Wilmore tells me to stop posting because I've caused enough trouble already.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 12:49:16 PM »

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 12:55:30 PM »
I just read it. Wili has a point. I don't 100% agree with him on it, but his request is nothing to get all butthurt about and make an issue with.

/thread

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 01:20:41 PM »
Link?

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 01:30:13 PM »
My site.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 01:33:50 PM »
Ah. TD is wrong.

Taters343

• Official Member
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 01:34:06 PM »
Link?
Link!

Those drawings are really good.

Also, I think that Wilmore is right that the issue you brought up, though related to the discussion, belongs in a different thread.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 01:38:44 PM »
There are already two threads in which you have been discussing Bendy Light. Someone else has made a new thread, asking a specific question about BL, and you want to discuss something somewhat related, but nonetheless not the same question.

Now, the way I see it, we already have two threads on Bendy Light totally dominated by your questions. All I'm trying to ensure is that the upper boards are not monopolised by any one user, as it's not healthy. We really don't need 3 threads of you vs. Parsifal.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 01:59:09 PM »
My site.

Taters343

• Official Member
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 02:10:51 PM »
Yeah, but you can resize them inside the img tags, I think you just type height="x", adjusting the value of x and previewing until they are a good size.

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 02:26:05 PM »
Yeah, but you can resize them inside the img tags, I think you just type height="x", adjusting the value of x and previewing until they are a good size.
Cool. I'm goin' in!
My site.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 04:51:19 PM »
Fine, I shall make another thread about my subject. And while I'm doing that, Wilmore can take a good long hard look at all the stuff that is way more off topic than that in other threads that he has let pass without a word.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 04:53:33 PM »
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 05:34:25 PM »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 05:48:32 PM »
Don't let it get to you, Thermal Detonator. 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 06:14:42 PM »
Fine, I shall make another thread about my subject. And while I'm doing that, Wilmore can take a good long hard look at all the stuff that is way more off topic than that in other threads that he has let pass without a word.

I second that. Some of these FEers are very good at steering conversations off topic and rarely directly answer a question. 
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 06:17:02 PM »
Thermal Detonator does that often.
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 06:23:11 PM »

I second that. Some of these FEers are very good at steering conversations off topic and rarely directly answer a question. 

In my experience, FE'ers are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Often a RE'er will ask a question, and if the FE'ers ignore them on the grounds that it is off topic, said RE'er will then say something like "nice job ignoring me; still waiting for an answer" (often another RE'er will join in with a comment like "yeah, they always do that"). If a FE'er then responds and the topic takes a new direction, they are then blamed for having derailed it.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord