Off-Site Harrassment

• 82 Replies
?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
Re: Off-Site Harrassment
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 07:04:40 AM »
This thread is a warning concerning the safety of our members.  If you continue this crap you will be banned.

It's also a thread alleging that the identification, pursuit, capture, arrest and pleading of a supposed perpetrator has been made.

Wilmore identified the alleged perpetrator before police and legal activity could take place, thus (potentially) invalidating any possible prosecution. If the the named party is in fact some deranged would-be slayer of FEers then Wilmore put the lives of many others on this board at risk.

Of course the whole thing could just be a sad cry for attention. Who knows? ;)

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 07:15:41 AM »
Crusty baby, its rather silly to talk about situation you know nothing about, it makes you look a little stupid.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 07:31:52 AM »
Crusty baby, its rather silly to talk about situation you know nothing about, it makes you look a little stupid.

But I do know the situation. It's the one presented by Wilmore.

I've searched for any related news articles, which certainly would have been run when the alleged perp was arrested. Yet nothing... :'( Maybe you can highlight where I'm going wrong.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 07:34:43 AM »

I've searched for any related news articles, which certainly would have been run when the alleged perp was arrested. Yet nothing... :'( Maybe you can highlight where I'm going wrong.

And that does not contain all the information, only what was asked to be announced. So when you do not have the information, it is wiser to not spout shit m'dear.
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 07:37:18 AM »
And that does not contain all the information, only what was asked to be announced.

That's all the information we need.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 07:45:06 AM »
And that does not contain all the information, only what was asked to be announced.

That's all the information we need.

Indeed that is all you need. You would however need more if you wanted to pretend you know anything about the legal complexities of it.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2010, 08:03:00 AM »
It's also a thread alleging that the identification, pursuit, capture, arrest and pleading of a supposed perpetrator has been made.

Wilmore identified the alleged perpetrator before police and legal activity could take place, thus (potentially) invalidating any possible prosecution. If the the named party is in fact some deranged would-be slayer of FEers then Wilmore put the lives of many others on this board at risk.

Of course the whole thing could just be a sad cry for attention. Who knows? ;)

You just said that he's already been arrested and charged, so Wilmore didn't identify him before "police and legal activity took place".  And it would take more than some guy writing on the Internet to invalidate a prosecution.

Maybe you're wrong to assume that there's an article about this on the Internet to begin with.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 08:10:42 AM »
You would however need more if you wanted to pretend you know anything about the legal complexities of it.

Nope. There are no "legal complexities".

But if there's anything I've posted which you feel is incorrect, feel free to correct me. (perhaps in another thread, since John Davis wants to reserve this one for alerting FEers to the real and imminent danger to their very lives)

You just said that he's already been arrested and charged, so Wilmore didn't identify him before "police and legal activity took place".  And it would take more than some guy writing on the Internet to invalidate a prosecution.

It would seem so wouldn't it? Yet it's gone unreported... strange...

However, all that remains is evidence and witness gathering. That's where the danger lies. As I already said.

Maybe you're wrong to assume that there's an article about this on the Internet to begin with.

Perhaps. But given that local papers scour the courts daily for fresh news, it is kind of amazing that no one has run with what is potentially a national if not world wide story. Oh well. Feel free to take this to a new thread.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 08:17:36 AM »
You would however need more if you wanted to pretend you know anything about the legal complexities of it.

Nope. There are no "legal complexities".

You're the one that seems to think there are legal complexities judging by your posts here  :-\

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2010, 08:19:33 AM »
You're the one that seems to think there are legal complexities judging by your posts here  :-\

Not really. If there's anything I've posted which you think is incorrect, feel free to correct me. Perhaps in another thread, since John Davis wants to reserve this one for alerting FEers to the real and imminent danger to their very lives.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 11:48:53 AM »
Crusty, I asked you to stop posting about this. I was even nice and deleted the next couple of posts you made about it in the hope you'd get the message. You're not really giving me any options, so all I can say is that I hope you enjoy your time off.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 01:53:44 PM »
Crusty, I asked you to stop posting about this. I was even nice and deleted the next couple of posts you made about it in the hope you'd get the message. You're not really giving me any options, so all I can say is that I hope you enjoy your time off.

Lol.

As a brief update, I'd just like to inform everyone that yes, Ichi is still alive, and in good humor.  Hopefully, he'll be back soon.

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2010, 04:48:59 AM »
Hey guys, I just want to make you aware that one of our members (Ichi) has been the subject of serious harrassment outside this forum, and that as a consequence charges have been made. The person involved made death threats, knew Ichi was a FE'er, and where Ichi lived. He went by various AIM screenames, usually some is some variation or form of bpartyboy, partyboy, bpartyboy18 etc.

We're just making an announcement about this in case a) Ichi isn't the only one, and b) this happens again. Remember, if someone is seriously and persistently harrassing you online, they are breaking the law, and you should contact the authorities.

If anyone else thinks they've been having trouble from the same person, let us know so we can contact Ichi. It may not be an isolated incident.

I'm not sure if this is a cry for help or a cry for attention.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 09:01:00 AM »
Hey guys, I just want to make you aware that one of our members (Ichi) has been the subject of serious harrassment outside this forum, and that as a consequence charges have been made. The person involved made death threats, knew Ichi was a FE'er, and where Ichi lived. He went by various AIM screenames, usually some is some variation or form of bpartyboy, partyboy, bpartyboy18 etc.

We're just making an announcement about this in case a) Ichi isn't the only one, and b) this happens again. Remember, if someone is seriously and persistently harrassing you online, they are breaking the law, and you should contact the authorities.

If anyone else thinks they've been having trouble from the same person, let us know so we can contact Ichi. It may not be an isolated incident.

I'm not sure if this is a cry for help or a cry for attention.

It's neither.  Also, are you Crusty's alt?

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2010, 09:28:13 AM »
Based on his re-emergence right after Crustys ban, and his disappearance after crusty started osting heavily again... and the same quality of posts... id say ban him for fun

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2010, 02:46:42 PM »

Lol.

As a brief update, I'd just like to inform everyone that yes, Ichi is still alive, and in good humor.  Hopefully, he'll be back soon.

Hopefully. I miss Ichi.

you cant see moutains because you have no eyes
DON'T EVER LEAVE, VONGEO, MOTHERFUH-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2010, 03:13:47 PM »
I have just deleted a bunch of posts. Be warned, any more off-topic posting in this thread will result in a ban.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2010, 11:28:35 PM »
Thank you for this information.  Most Flat Earthers are harrassed in some form or other but actual threats are a step beyond the normal verbal abuse.

Well put. 

In the event that Ichimaru sees this, is there anything any of us might do to assist?

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2010, 04:41:15 PM »
In the event that Ichimaru sees this, is there anything any of us might do to assist?

Ichi has been back since the horrific event. He has remained strong, brave and upbeat, refusing to let this vicious harassment get in the way of his enjoyment of life, and has made several brave posts in Complete Nonsense. Hang in there soldier.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2010, 05:32:30 PM »

Please, Crusty, just stop posting in this thread.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2010, 05:41:13 PM »

Is there some kind of point you're trying to make regarding Ichi's brutal ordeal?

If you want to post cartoons I suggest you go to Random Musings.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2010, 06:04:52 PM »

Is there some kind of point you're trying to make regarding Ichi's brutal ordeal?

If you want to post cartoons I suggest you go to Random Musings.

You are the worst, most unsubtle troll in the history of this forum.  Your attempts at "satirizing" us are no more effective than you pretending to be an expert in criminal law.  In every single thread that you post in, all you do is find another way to say "You are wrong", regardless of the subject matter.  Given that you've already been banned, what, four or five times by now, and you clearly haven't learned from your mistakes, I don't understand why you haven't gotten a permaban by now.  Not to mention the fact that you regularly evade your bans with "LiceFarm", who is very, very obviously your alt, and I actually found the proxy that you use to post here.  I think I speak for most people in this forum when I say, "Go to hell".

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2010, 06:22:30 PM »
This thread isn't the place for this kind of ranting. Please take it somewhere else.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2010, 08:05:22 PM »
Go to hell
Yes please do Crusty. You'll have plenty of lawyer friends down there to hopefully improve your sad understanding of the law.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2010, 01:18:45 AM »
This thread isn't the place for this kind of ranting. Please take it somewhere else.
Don't memberate, ban - stay on topic.  Also, habitual rule breaking, failing, and trouble making.

See you in another 30.

Everyone else, stay on topic.  Thats a warning.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:24:04 AM by John Davis »
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Catchpa

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2010, 09:51:25 AM »
Actually, he did have a point about jury prejudice.

http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=9705
Skilling’s lawyers have asked the US Supreme Court to consider whether in cases when “a presumption of jury prejudice arises because of the widespread community impact of the defendant’s alleged conduct and massive, inflammatory pretrial publicity, the government may rebut the presumption of prejudice, and, if so, whether the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that no juror was actually prejudiced.”

I interpret that as the people in the area would suffer from a big prejudice, due to the pretrial publicity(In this case, Wilmore's announcement), would not be allowed to be a jury because of the possibility of prejudice. Granted, this specific case is much bigger, but laws are laws.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3805/is_199806/ai_n8796025/
Instead, trial courts should investigate jurors exposed to extraneous influences to determine whether there has been prejudicial impact.1768 Extraneous influences include not only juror contact with other people,1769 but also juror contact with evidence1770 and other extrinsic materials.

Juror exposure to extraneous material generally creates a presumption of prejudice that the government bears a heavy burden to rebut.1774 This presumption may be overcome by a showing that the extrinsic material is merely cumulative,1775 that overwhelming evidence of the defendant's guilt rendered exposure to the information harmless,1776 or that the allegedly prejudicial materials to which the juror was exposed are not extrinsic evidence at all.1777 The presumption of prejudice does not apply when the defendant alleges partiality based on a juror's relationship with the government.

Pretrial and Trial Publicity. Publicity, either before or during trial, can prejudice jurors and violate a defendant's right to an impartial jury.1796 If jurors might have been exposed to prejudicial publicity, the court should make an inquiry to determine the existence of actual exposure.1797 To establish juror partiality, the defendant must show that publicity either actually prejudiced an individual juror1798 or so pervaded the proceedings that it raised a presumption of inherent prejudice.

The trial judge may not completely close the proceedings to the public unless there is a "substantial probability" that publicity will prejudice the defendant's right to fair trial and reasonable alternatives to closure cannot adequately protect that right.1806 Other steps that a trial judge may take to protect the fairness of the trial include: limiting the number of reporters in the courtroom and regulating their conduct;1807 insulating witnesses from exposure to the media;1808 controlling the release of information by police officers, witnesses, and counsel;1809 proscribing extrajudicial statements by any lawyer, party, witness, or court official;1810 and warning the media of the impropriety of publishing material not introduced at trial.1811 If none of the remedies is effective in preserving the defendant's right to fair trial, and prejudicial publicity continues during the trial, the judge may order a new trial.

Above is another article with relevant quotes, though it's 34 pages long(Shit load of court examples it seems). This definately proves Crusty's point of possible prejudice can cause problems in court.

Just giving actual sources, instead of all this ignorance going around.

I wasn't able to find anything relevant about extradition of witnesses, which Crusty said the US court could demand, although wikipedia has an article on extradition refering to suspected or convicted criminals. It's safe to say Wilmore is neither.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extradition
"The consensus in international law is that a state does not have any obligation to surrender an alleged criminal to a foreign state as one principle of sovereignty  is that every state has legal authority over the people within its borders."

Considering wikipedia got its sources right, then Crusty was wrong - Wilmore is above US law.
The conspiracy do train attack-birds

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2010, 10:05:48 AM »
I think that from the moment Crusty started suggesting that the United States would extradite a citizen of Ireland for talking about a court case, it became clear that he didn't have a fucking clue what he was talking about.  The only way that a post like this would influence a jury is if they saw it.  So the jury selection process would simply weed out anyone who goes to this site.  That's assuming this case ever did go to trial, and I believe that the person in question already plead guilty.

Catchpa

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2010, 10:10:04 AM »
I think that from the moment Crusty started suggesting that the United States would extradite a citizen of Ireland for talking about a court case, it became clear that he didn't have a fucking clue what he was talking about.  The only way that a post like this would influence a jury is if they saw it.  So the jury selection process would simply weed out anyone who goes to this site.  That's assuming this case ever did go to trial, and I believe that the person in question already plead guilty.

Regardless if he had a clue or not, I just provided source that showed prejudice can cause problems for court. It would be up to the court to decide if the leaked information had any relevance.

I believe that during their investigation on the crime, they obviously looked at the victims community, where the suspect based his treats.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2010, 10:26:04 AM »

Regardless if he had a clue or not, I just provided source that showed prejudice can cause problems for court. It would be up to the court to decide if the leaked information had any relevance.

I believe that during their investigation on the crime, they obviously looked at the victims community, where the suspect based his treats.

Oh, yeah, jury prejudice definitely can be a problem.  It's just that, as you've already discovered, the issue is complex and far from black-and-white.  There might have been more of a problem if, say, his name, description, or other personal information had been published, but a screen name is hardly mistrial worthy, especially seeing how Wilmore's intent was simply to warn us.  In any case, like you said, he's free to go baw to a judge, but I highly doubt they'd think it was a valid complaint.

Catchpa

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2010, 10:30:27 AM »

Oh, yeah, jury prejudice definitely can be a problem.  It's just that, as you've already discovered, the issue is complex and far from black-and-white.  There might have been more of a problem if, say, his name, description, or other personal information had been published, but a screen name is hardly mistrial worthy, especially seeing how Wilmore's intent was simply to warn us.  In any case, like you said, he's free to go baw to a judge, but I highly doubt they'd think it was a valid complaint.

Better safe than sorry.

His intentions are irrelevant, because the information is the same regardless.