How was this faked?

• 107 Replies

Sefnug

How was this faked?
« on: January 16, 2010, 09:06:23 AM »
I brought this up in another topic but no one answered my question so I made this topic.

How was this video faked?

Don't say "Movie editing software" or something like that.

Re: How was this faked?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 09:09:34 AM »
I brought this up in another topic but no one answered my question so I made this topic.

All things aside...

that is very cool.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

Sefnug

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 09:10:10 AM »

All things aside...

that is very cool.

I know =)

parsec

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 09:56:41 AM »
launches are not faked.

Sefnug

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 10:12:46 AM »
launches are not faked.

...So explain why I see the curve of the earth?

Wait wait lemme guess "Bendy light"

parsec

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 10:26:13 AM »
are you referring to the on-board camera view after 12:25?

parsec

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 10:55:55 AM »
EDIT:
Check out the video after the 18:20 time mark before the main engine is cut off and the external tank separated. Is it just me, or the curvature of the Earth is decreasing?

Sefnug

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 11:00:53 AM »
EDIT:
Check out the video after the 18:20 time mark before the main engine is cut off and the external tank separated. Is it just me, or the curvature of the Earth is decreasing?

It does look like that but i believe its the angle.

Check out about 16:00 you can see it to.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 11:01:09 AM »
launches are not faked.

At what point in its flight does it start to become fake?

Sefnug

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »
launches are not faked.

It could be when they "loose connection" But at that point they are already in space.

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 11:03:25 AM »
Why is it so hard for you believers of everything to accept that the government is constantly fooling you? The government spends tens of millions of dollars every day to keep us subdued by these crazy stories of space flight, round planets etc. Here are some examples:

Microwave ovens (glorified convection ovens)
Jet engines (Multi-bladed propellers in a tube)
Time zones (the Earth is flat, duh!)
Moon Landings (Movie sets)
Atomic bomb (Just a giant napalm bomb)
The internet (Series of tubes)
Stock Market (One big Ponzi scheme)
Global warming (It's freaking 23deg out!)
9/11 (bombs planted in buildings. Planes were holograms projected to distract from the bombs)
Monogamy (nobody I know has ever been faithful to their wives)
Evolution (I still have 10 fingers and 10 toes. I'd be better off with 12 and 12 but in my whole life I haven't grown any more)
Vietnam war (How could a poor country whose people live in the jungle defeat U.S.A with all their weapons?)
Cell phones (glorified walkie talkies)

The list goes on... I could go on forever. The point is not everything is what the government wants you to believe. It is to their advantage to trick us into believing all their hoaxes. Which is exactly why I don't believe!

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 11:04:47 AM »
Why is it so hard for you believers of everything to accept that the government is constantly fooling you? The government spends tens of millions of dollars every day to keep us subdued by these crazy stories of space flight, round planets etc. Here are some examples:

9/11 (bombs planted in buildings. Planes were holograms projected to distract from the bombs)
Evolution (I still have 10 fingers and 10 toes. I'd be better off with 12 and 12 but in my whole life I haven't grown any more)
Vietnam war (How could a poor country whose people live in the jungle defeat U.S.A with all their weapons?)

The list goes on... I could go on forever. The point is not everything is what the government wants you to believe. It is to their advantage to trick us into believing all their hoaxes. Which is exactly why I don't believe!

;)

parsec

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 11:06:11 AM »
launches are not faked.

When the video ends or when that static becomes visible. We never actually saw them docking with the ISS, did we?

Sefnug

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 11:06:35 AM »

This forum is just about the flat earth conspiracy Don't be a troll.

Sefnug

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 11:07:07 AM »
launches are not faked.

When the video ends or when that static becomes visible. We never actually saw them docking with the ISS, did we?

You eventually loose connection out in space...

parsec

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 11:08:33 AM »
launches are not faked.

So, according to you, we have no communication with the ISS.

Sefnug

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 11:10:09 AM »
launches are not faked.

We do, but i Don;t think video works very well.

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 11:10:19 AM »
Excuse me, I think you misunderstood. I dont accept the "Round Earth" "Theory". I once hiked up a 5000ft mountain and could not see any curvature. So, obviously the earth is flat. I've never been in an airplane, but I know several people who have and NONE of them say they can see any curvature. Again, proof the earth is flat.

Trolls aren't real either...

parsec

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 11:11:21 AM »
launches are not faked.

So, how about them space-walking videos I've seen. And how does satellite TV work?

Sefnug

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 11:14:01 AM »
launches are not faked.

So, how about them space-walking videos I've seen. And how does satellite TV work?

To tell the truth I don't know, You'd have to ask someone else.

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 11:14:37 AM »
The shuttle is orbiting/going around the earth in a circle. At some point there will be no LOS from the mission control to the shuttle. Hence the feed drops out. Not that hard to understand.

Perhaps someone needs to think more abstractly?

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 11:14:49 AM »
Space walking videos are just CGI, and made in studios. I've seen a video where you can actually see the tethers holding up the "Astronaut"!

Satellite TV is just a powerful antenna. The TV companies have even bigger, more powerful ones on the roofs of their broadcast buildings. If you've ever seen a TV station, you can clearly see them on the roof.

Sefnug

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 11:14:56 AM »
Excuse me, I think you misunderstood. I dont accept the "Round Earth" "Theory". I once hiked up a 5000ft mountain and could not see any curvature. So, obviously the earth is flat. I've never been in an airplane, but I know several people who have and NONE of them say they can see any curvature. Again, proof the earth is flat.

We aren't talking about that wee are talking about how or how not a video was faked.

So yes you are trolling.

I think you would have fun in the debate forums.

Sefnug

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 11:16:03 AM »
Space walking videos are just CGI, and made in studios. I've seen a video where you can actually see the tethers holding up the "Astronaut"!

Satellite TV is just a powerful antenna. The TV companies have even bigger, more powerful ones on the roofs of their broadcast buildings. If you've ever seen a TV station, you can clearly see them on the roof.

I believe Mythbusters did an episode on that. look it up on Youtube.

And I want to see this picture.

They need big ones to connect with the satellite floating miles above them and to get good quality.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:18:16 AM by Sefnug »

parsec

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 11:21:45 AM »
The shuttle is orbiting/going around the earth in a circle. At some point there will be no LOS from the mission control to the shuttle. Hence the feed drops out. Not that hard to understand.

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 11:22:17 AM »

So because the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) looks like a straight tube, it is straight?
Because you can't see radioactive radiation, you won't get cancer.
Because you can't see the nitrogen, oxygen,... in the air they aren't there.

It's not because you can't see something that it's not true.

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 11:26:50 AM »
Well I'm going to need more proof than just guessing. If I see something in person, I believe it. That shuttle launch video reminds me of a movie I just saw called "Avatar". Well done and realistic, but clearly not real...

So because the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) looks like a straight tube, it is straight?

Sefnug

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 11:29:47 AM »
Well I'm going to need more proof than just guessing. If I see something in person, I believe it. That shuttle launch video reminds me of a movie I just saw called "Avatar". Well done and realistic, but clearly not real...

I still want to see the picture.

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 11:30:39 AM »

So because you don't SEE radiation, you don't believe it?
By the way, next time NASA launches a new space shuttle why don't you go there and SEE for yourself?

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2010, 11:31:38 AM »

Who said the camera is using that? Seemed to be just for a live feed so once the shuttle was out of LOS, there was not that much more of a point to keep it broadcasting.