Good to be back

• 34 Replies

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Good to be back
« on: August 01, 2006, 04:20:59 PM »
Just wanted to show my appreciation for the site being back up. Welcome back everyone.

It really makes me sad that members of the public feel the need to attack the site like this. That they are compelled to silence us is symptomatic of the conditioning against the truth - or even to unorthodox ideas in general - which governments, educators and the media are pumping out into society. It's infuriating and saddening at the same time.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

quixotic

• Im a mushroomcloudlayin motherfucker, motherfucker
Good to be back
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 09:22:10 PM »
Whos the know jockey who didnt pay thier bill????

come on....own up, happens to the best of us...just the best of us dont host websites!!!

Like...O M G ! ! ! He is, like, totally using the gun as like some kind of sexual weapon. O M G ! ! That is like, totally awesome! ! !

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Good to be back
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 11:13:15 PM »
The site keeps hitting it's limit earlier and earlier each passing month.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Good to be back
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 11:26:03 PM »
which is why I think all the unused accounts should be deleted
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Good to be back
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 12:46:48 AM »
Whatever it takes to keep the site up.

-- Bob Hudson

Desu

• yaranaika.
Good to be back
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 12:49:15 AM »
Quote from: "CrimsonKing"
which is why I think all the unused accounts should be deleted

That takes small amounts of disk space, not bandwidth.
Quote from: sam712
It must suck living in Richmond.
Since June 2006.

Re: Good to be back
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 02:53:51 AM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"
Just wanted to show my appreciation for the site being back up. Welcome back everyone.

It really makes me sad that members of the public feel the need to attack the site like this. That they are compelled to silence us is symptomatic of the conditioning against the truth - or even to unorthodox ideas in general - which governments, educators and the media are pumping out into society. It's infuriating and saddening at the same time.

Well maybe if your theory wasnt so retarded people wouldnt flame you. :roll:
quote="Dogplatter"]
Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.  [/quote]

LOL

Good to be back
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 03:02:59 AM »
i joined recenty - who ever admins the site should note there are LOTS of fake looking users who recents joined, all who have the same url like to some dodgy website.. these all look like they need removing.

Peter
lat earth - almost, but not quite, certain

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Good to be back
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 05:41:11 AM »
I reckon that the downtime is the direct result of a co-ordinated DDoS attack, not just legitimate bandwidth usage.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Good to be back
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 05:56:25 AM »
Ah, a conspiracy no less!

Good to be back
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 10:41:18 AM »
Dogplatter, I sincerely doubt a DDoS.  For the past few months, it has hit the bandwidth barrier near the end of the month.  Either way, DDoSs are usually implimented near the begining of the month, when the site has the most bandwidth, for the most ill effect.
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

Good to be back
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 10:53:45 AM »
the

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 04:54:07 PM »
Quote from: "Yardstick2006"
Quote from: "Dogplatter"

Well maybe if your theory wasnt so retarded people wouldnt flame you. :roll:

darn skippy.self conjured ideas with the help of a 1950s science fiction film have no right to be on the internet.the site getting crashed is the best thing that ever happened here.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 06:01:17 PM »
Quote from: "I hit a penguin"
the site getting crashed is the best thing that ever happened here.

Please feel free to stop frequenting the site if it upsets you so much.

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 06:16:49 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
the site getting crashed is the best thing that ever happened here.

Please feel free to stop frequenting the site if it upsets you so much.

no,because i want to assist in its destruction.yes i just may take part in posting several pictures of donkeys along with everyone else that is sick of this site.did you even consider everything i said on my original post?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 11:45:33 PM »

no,because i want to assist in its destruction.yes i just may take part in posting several pictures of donkeys along with everyone else that is sick of this site.did you even consider everything i said on my original post?

You have 6 posts and you are sick of the site?  Like I said...

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 12:04:33 AM »
no,because i want to assist in its destruction.

Round-earthers always state that it's ridiculous that there is an anti-flat-earth conspiracy, yet there are people who admit that they want to assist in this site's destruction.
yes i just may take part in posting several pictures of donkeys

But how will pictures of donkeys destroy this site?

Good to be back
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 07:57:20 AM »
yes i have a very small post count and im already sick of this site.donkey pics have pushed the flat earth server above its limit before and it can happen again.i mean COME ON,there are more round earthers flaming then there are flat earthers defending.and the flat earths defense is just pathetic.

Good to be back
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 07:59:14 AM »
Its said they come here to flame, I dont go to anfield and knock the cock out of their mouths.

Good to be back
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 08:04:07 AM »
Quote from: "dogplatter"

I'm glad to see it up again too.

And Dogplatter i did bring up what i told you i would @ the keg a few weeks ago. I would have posted but the site was down.
verybody knows you can conjure anything by the dark of the Moon. - Tori Amos

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Good to be back
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 09:08:53 AM »
Quote from: "Feralkitten"

And Dogplatter i did bring up what i told you i would @ the keg a few weeks ago. I would have posted but the site was down.

What sort of reception did you get? Did everyone laugh? Did anyone take you  semi-seriously, either by arguing against the FE or by considering it?

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 09:20:30 AM »
Quote from: "Copernicus_was_wrong"
no,because i want to assist in its destruction.

Round-earthers always state that it's ridiculous that there is an anti-flat-earth conspiracy, yet there are people who admit that they want to assist in this site's destruction.

ok i went kind of overboard on this topic.i just find it annoying that people believe in something so illogical as a flat earth.and if this site isnt a joke,the way you flat earthers handle responses makes it seem that way.you cant tell a dog to roll over and sit at the same time.as for the whole destruction thing,my bad. i need to hone my debate skills.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 09:29:22 AM »

ok i went kind of overboard on this topic.i just find it annoying that people believe in something so illogical as a flat earth.and if this site isnt a joke,the way you flat earthers handle responses makes it seem that way.you cant tell a dog to roll over and sit at the same time.as for the whole destruction thing,my bad. i need to hone my debate skills.

The fact that people don't just heatedly say, but actually do attack the site on a monthly basis further solidifies my belief that the masses are conditioned not just to question, but to actively hate hypotheses and ideas which run contrary to their mental "programming".

If there's one thing that makes me believe in the conspiracy more than I already do, it's that people ARE trying to silence us.

Good to be back
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 09:58:54 AM »
Dog - What happened???

I couldnt log on for ages!  :cry:

Anyway while you guys were away I found this and thought it was quite mad!

This tariq guy looks a bit freaky…

http://qumranholyexcavation.blogspot.com/

http://

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Good to be back
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 10:01:21 AM »
Quote from: "zz_topple"
Dog - What happened???

I couldnt log on for ages!  :cry:

Either DDoS'ers ate the site's bandwidth or Daniel didn't pay the hosting bill on time or something.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Good to be back
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2006, 10:02:31 AM »
Quote from: "zz_topple"

Anyway while you guys were away I found this and thought it was quite mad!

This tariq guy looks a bit freaky…

http://qumranholyexcavation.blogspot.com/

Most unprecidented... what do you think they're looking for?

Good to be back
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2006, 10:08:46 AM »
Yeah, what is Tariq doing?

Good to be back
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2006, 11:47:44 AM »
What sort of reception did you get? Did everyone laugh? Did anyone take you semi-seriously, either by arguing against the FE or by considering it?

Well met. Very much so actually.

If the site had not gone down the next day i bet we would have a few more users giving mature posts.

It played out about like this:

First they just took it like a story i was telling.

Then they questioned my belief. (I didn't use the word conspiracy. Again most ppl don't swallow that pill well.) I pretty much said "Outside of modern day technology (i.e. satellites, high altitude spy planes...) prove to me the world isn't flat. It looks pretty flat to me."

Once a friendly debate ensued then a few ppl mumbled and left the table. These ppl are probably the ones that would come and flame the site. Obviously ppl aren't going to be as rude in person to their neighbor as a stranger would be on the intranet.

The ones that suck around (about 60%) ate it up. Either they got stumped or brought good thoughts. And a few sided with me just for arguments sake. This conversation lasted a while and ended up spawning a few tangents that were clearly just for practicing debate. and spawning debate is entertaining in its own right.

I didn't leave the party with any Flat Earth converts, However this was not my goal. I brought the topic of FE to a real-life public forum (around a keg) and it was very well received.

It sure as hell beat hearing ppl bitch about their job or GF/BF/wife/husband. And it was more entertaining than the same religious debate that pops up occasionally.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Good to be back
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2006, 11:58:18 AM »
Excellent. Congrats on successfully making use of a mature medium for the discussion of the Flat Earth - we sometimes struggle to do so here on this site.

Good to be back
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2006, 01:05:12 PM »
np. thanks for giving me a surprisingly good thing to debate