Random Political Comic thread

• 984 Replies
?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
Re: Random Political Comic thread
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2010, 04:03:19 PM »
"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you."
    ?Luke 6:27-31. NIV

This section as a whole (Luke 6:27-36) is about Jesus teaching compassion, not pacifism.

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."
    ?Matthew 5:38-42, NIV

This scripture if you will actually look at the bible is title "Jesus Teaches about Revenge" what Jesus is saying here is that we shouldn't seek revenge, we should learn to forgive and pray for those that do you wrong. Jesus is not saying you should lay down and take a beating or in other words he's not saying you as a Christian should be a pacifist.

In the end, all you are doing is taking scripture out of context and twisting it to fit what ever point you are trying to make. And in doing so, You fail.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2010, 04:53:14 PM »
In the end, all you are doing is taking scripture out of context and twisting it to fit what ever point you are trying to make.

I'm sorry, I thought this was common practice in your religion. If I have offended you by twisting it the wrong way, I sincerely apologise.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2010, 05:07:23 PM »
In the end, all you are doing is taking scripture out of context and twisting it to fit what ever point you are trying to make.

I'm sorry, I thought this was common practice in your religion. If I have offended you by twisting it the wrong way, I sincerely apologise.

Nope, it's not. And I find it hard to believe your apology is sincere.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2010, 05:13:14 PM »

Where in the bible does it say to hate gays, again?
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »

I am confused. Why would you assume I am lying? That's a pretty big accusation from somebody whose religion equates it with stealing, murder, or worse yet, using the Lords name in vain. Also, are you sure it's not a common practice? Whenever I go to Sunday mass, the priest will quote the bible out of context just like I did there, to support the general purpose of the sermon.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2010, 05:45:36 PM »

I am confused. Why would you assume I am lying? That's a pretty big accusation from somebody whose religion equates it with stealing, murder, or worse yet, using the Lords name in vain. Also, are you sure it's not a common practice? Whenever I go to Sunday mass, the priest will quote the bible out of context just like I did there, to support the general purpose of the sermon.

I'm not catholic.

It doesn't. It calls homosexual sex an abomination.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2010, 05:47:06 PM »

I'm not catholic.

Scripture please, so I can put it in context for you.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2010, 05:54:35 PM »

I'm not catholic.

Well good, because neither was the preacherwoman.

That's also an interesting thing about it. Never once in the bible does it say anything about romantic relationships between men being wrong or immoral, it's just the sex bits that are wrong. Which is ludicrous, because the only thing the verse you're referring to brands an abomination is "lying with a man as you lay with a woman", which is physically impossible to all but a few men. Sounding is bad, but anal sex is NOT "lying as you lay with a woman", if we should also believe what the bible teaches us about having non-reproductive sex. Sure, non-reproductive sex is also forbidden, which destroys whatever argument I had going with this post and all, but technically, having sex with a man is not, like eating crayfish, an "abomination". Unless your partner has a very stretchable phallus.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:00:57 PM by Wendy »

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2010, 06:12:07 PM »
My genitals are made of silly putty actually.

?

Mykael

• Professor of the Horrible Sciences
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »

?

Mookie89

• Artilles is a goddess
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2010, 08:33:22 PM »
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Ugh ugh! Ugh nug nug ugh!

It's fourteen French social dances past the hour.

?

Mykael

« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »

LordTalon69

• I think I may have the lulz.
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2010, 11:56:20 PM »

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2010, 01:07:11 PM »
God is a Zombie
Stop all this nonesense and bring on the lapdancers.
I understand Jack1704. It's a Brit thing.

?

Mookie89

• Artilles is a goddess
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2010, 03:10:41 PM »
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Ugh ugh! Ugh nug nug ugh!

It's fourteen French social dances past the hour.

?

Mykael

« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2010, 04:04:58 PM »

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2010, 04:05:28 PM »

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?

?

Mykael

« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2010, 04:22:12 PM »
God is a Zombie

No, that's Jesus.
Jesus = God, silly. l2Christianity.

lrn2Trinity
Yes, wherein God is a 3-part entity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each of whom are equally God.

I'm an ex-Catholic. I know that already.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2010, 04:29:19 PM »
Ex catholic? How does that work?

?

Mykael

« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2010, 04:37:10 PM »
Ex catholic? How does that work?
I was raised in a catholic home and school, but my parents didn't baptize me. They were fairly religiously moderate as well. They showed me rather than indoctrinating me, and let me make my own decision.

Due to this, I have a fairly detailed knowledge of the Catholic/Protestant faiths.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2010, 09:49:34 AM »
Well that explains it then.

My moms side are catholic and my dads are non believers.

jtelroy

• Intellectual
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2010, 09:50:45 AM »
Well that explains it then.

My moms side are catholic and my dads are non believers.

Nearly everyone in my family is some sort of agnostic skeptic, which I kinda like.

« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2010, 10:36:18 AM »

I wonder what it says?

"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2010, 10:41:07 AM »

I wonder what it says?

Help me i think im going to give birth.

Squeeze and ill catch it.

« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2010, 10:48:17 AM »

I wonder what it says?

I am worried about what to do.  I hope that this child I carry will not inherit my cyclops genes.

Let me stick my hands down your pants and feel.
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #146 on: January 19, 2010, 11:19:41 AM »

I wonder what it says?

I am worried about what to do.  I hope that this child I carry will not inherit my cyclops genes.

I have lost my feet.

Look, there they are!

jtelroy

• Intellectual
« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2010, 01:14:48 PM »

I wonder what it says?

I have lost my feet.

Look, there they are!

Look!  I'm able to dress nicely even though I'm pregnant, and in the middle of a desert!

Too bad those sneakers are ASS BACKWARDS UGLY!

« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2010, 01:17:39 PM »

I wonder what it says?

I have lost my feet.

Look, there they are!

Look!  I'm able to dress nicely even though I'm pregnant, and in the middle of a desert!

Too bad those sneakers are ASS BACKWARDS UGLY!

I don't see what the big deal is, we have not been wandering in the desert for that long, look you can even see the pyramids.

Yes, but look at your fat ass, you ate all of our food!!

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2010, 01:28:45 PM »
Can we move on now?