Random Political Comic thread

• 984 Replies
?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
Re: Random Political Comic thread
« Reply #810 on: December 12, 2010, 07:58:56 PM »
That's not completely accurate...

You're right, male prostitutes are now allowed to wear condoms. Gogo fight against AIDs in africa!!!

No, it's about denominations.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #811 on: December 12, 2010, 10:44:43 PM »

You're right, male prostitutes are now allowed to wear condoms. Gogo fight against AIDs in africa!!!

There aren't many denominations that are entirely pro-choice. Or even mostly pro-choice.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #812 on: February 14, 2011, 01:27:12 PM »

There aren't many denominations that are entirely pro-choice. Or even mostly pro-choice.

I was referring specifically to the "the church is against condoms" and "the church is against IVF" part, not the "we're pro-life" part.

here have one:

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #813 on: February 14, 2011, 01:38:05 PM »
What does that prove?

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #814 on: February 14, 2011, 01:43:58 PM »
Guardian Angel

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #815 on: February 14, 2011, 01:50:51 PM »
Yeah, it utterly proves guardian angels, I mean there's no way he could have picked up a massive bus coming and stopped his bike. When you're riding your bike you lose all sense of sound, your peripheral vision disappears and your natural survival instincts vanis-- OK, the last one is true if you're used to road riding...

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #816 on: February 14, 2011, 02:15:56 PM »
He also could not have been paying attention.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #817 on: February 14, 2011, 02:24:46 PM »
That was just terrible.
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #818 on: February 14, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »
I hit a bus once.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #819 on: February 14, 2011, 02:25:54 PM »

He couldn't have been paying attention? Why?

CR90, you must realise that this argument like any other argument for the existence of any part of Christian mythology is inherently weak, because it looks exactly like random chance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I claim that there has never been a supposed miracle which a) was proven to be completely true, and b) ruled out any random factors.(People who stop seconds before being squashed by a train, chronic leg pains disappearing, getting better when diagnosed with terminal illnesses etc.)
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #820 on: February 14, 2011, 02:34:55 PM »
That was just terrible.

Just terrible.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #821 on: February 14, 2011, 02:36:55 PM »

Nobody? How about the being most responsible, yourself?
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #822 on: February 14, 2011, 02:45:23 PM »
your natural survival instincts vanis-- OK, the last one is true if you're used to road riding...

Objection. Drivers are mostly retards when it comes to bikes.

« Reply #823 on: February 14, 2011, 02:48:38 PM »
your natural survival instincts vanis-- OK, the last one is true if you're used to road riding...

but if you know that fact and ride anyway... that is like having a guy play with a bear get attacked, then saying he wasn't stupid it was the bear that was stupid. he should have known the inherent dangers of dealing with something that stupid and not done it.
You can't outrun death forever
But you can sure make the old bastard work for it.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #824 on: February 14, 2011, 02:50:00 PM »

but if you know that fact and ride anyway... that is like having a guy play with a bear get attacked, then saying he wasn't stupid it was the bear that was stupid. he should have known the inherent dangers of dealing with something that stupid and not done it.

very wrong analogy  :-\

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #825 on: February 14, 2011, 02:51:02 PM »
Haha I forgot, Beorn probably loves his fietsen. Why not cycle? I have the right to and it is faster.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #826 on: February 14, 2011, 02:52:21 PM »
Analogy or not, it's a valid point. If on a bike or walking, assume all motorists are retards or out to get you. You may have the right of way, but they have the seatbelt, airbag and rolling 1 ton death machine.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #827 on: February 14, 2011, 02:53:56 PM »
I am aware of this, but it's still unbelievable how often I am pulled out on. I generally stop but I shouldn't have to.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #828 on: February 14, 2011, 02:55:56 PM »
obviously people here don't know the dutch way of biking

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #829 on: February 14, 2011, 02:56:18 PM »
I am aware of this, but it's still unbelievable how often I am pulled out on. I generally stop but I shouldn't have to.

I agree. Still, are you ever in that much of a hurry, or is it simply a moment of irritation in your otherwise fine day?

?

Eddy Baby

• Official Member
« Reply #830 on: February 14, 2011, 03:02:13 PM »
It's just I've noticed that, since moving to a large city, people really need to fucking learn the rules. I get the pleasure of watching a Chinese person nearly get run over almost every day.
And Beorn:

Nederland beschikt over zoveel fietspaden, dat het in principe mogelijk is het gehele land op de fiets te verkennen.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #831 on: February 14, 2011, 09:01:13 PM »

CR90, you must realise that this argument like any other argument for the existence of any part of Christian mythology is inherently weak, because it looks exactly like random chance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I claim that there has never been a supposed miracle which a) was proven to be completely true, and b) ruled out any random factors.(People who stop seconds before being squashed by a train, chronic leg pains disappearing, getting better when diagnosed with terminal illnesses etc.)

So you've never been distracted? ok. You mustn't be human then. you need to be sent to the mythological version of area 51

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #832 on: February 14, 2011, 09:06:37 PM »
The problem being that people get hit by cars everyday. You either get lucky or you don't. You stop and narrowly avoid getting hit by a car, THANK JEEBUS! Or you don't, and you get plowed by a car. So this argument holds no water.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #833 on: February 14, 2011, 09:10:04 PM »

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #835 on: February 14, 2011, 09:54:12 PM »
I think you're mistaken. The issue was CHRISTIANS burning KORANS because they didn't like Muslims. There's a difference, and if you can't see it, I don't know what to tell you. And, it wasn't a hate crime. You're free to burn whatever books you want, just don't delude yourself by thinking it is in any way art when the purpose is to burn a book you disagree with rather than relay a message through symbolism.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #836 on: February 15, 2011, 01:06:39 AM »

So you've never been distracted? ok. You mustn't be human then. you need to be sent to the mythological version of area 51

That comic should have included someone elses son being run over by a truck. Do you think that the father should then thank jesus?

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #837 on: February 15, 2011, 03:41:06 AM »

Just because you're distracted doesn't mean you're utterly oblivious to the world, the survival instincts in our bodies are incredibly strong and generally work in the background of conscious awareness.

If he really wants someone to thank he should thank his ancestors for having passed on their survival instincts.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #838 on: February 15, 2011, 03:47:34 AM »

If you look carefully at how you worded the post I responded to, you'll see that it implies that it was an impossibility for him to have been paying attention. Thus, the confusion.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #839 on: February 15, 2011, 12:24:29 PM »
You guys will say anything to justify science over being religious, it's hilarious.