Random Political Comic thread

• 984 Replies

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
Re: Random Political Comic thread
« Reply #900 on: February 17, 2011, 09:01:18 PM »

Being charitable doesn't automatically qualify you as a believer in Christ and thus guarantee you a spot in heaven.

That's like saying because I was born I'm entitled to a job.

Jesus healed sick, brought people back from death, saved people from being stoned to death, restored vision to a blind man, etc.

Now knowing y'all you gonna say I called Ghandi evil, which I have not.

There's a difference between not letting someone into heaven and torturing them for eternity though, isn't there?

Oh and, I'm very sorry for you, CR90, I hope one day you find the inner strength and happiness you need to walk without religion. I'll be thinking of you.

According to the catholics he would go to purgatory because he was never baptized and lived a good life.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #901 on: February 17, 2011, 10:31:44 PM »
"Hey, Ghandi, thanks for your lifetime of hard work towards peace and nonviolence, now you have to burn alive for all eternity."

Have I told you I love you?
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #902 on: February 18, 2011, 12:19:45 AM »
He still hasn't addressed why Gandhi is burning in hell. I could understand if he didn't get to go to heaven, but according to Christian doctrine, he's burning in hell right now.

Yes I have. It's because he didn't believe in Christ as his savior. there is no middle ground.

Also -

CR90, do you believe Jewish people go to hell?

Because most think Jesus is not the messiah but a blasphemer.

?

Crudblud

• Scone Advocate
« Reply #903 on: February 18, 2011, 01:26:08 AM »
Any god who would disregard a life of good deeds because he needs his ego stroking isn't a god worth believing in.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #904 on: February 18, 2011, 01:36:37 AM »
I don't understand how you can calmly announce Ghandhi and every Jew is burning in Hell without realising that it is wrong. Not (just) factually wrong but morally indefensible.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #905 on: February 18, 2011, 01:50:30 AM »
Technically, though, it's their own fault. They were exposed to the one true faith and denounced it to go do something else. Of course, in Gandhi's case, I can imagine why. Being a Hindu, he only had one chance, since you can only be born into Hinduism.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Kira-SY

• Ja pierdole!
« Reply #906 on: February 18, 2011, 02:50:42 AM »
Jesus: Walk the land! Believe in me as your saviour, and be good with everyone.
The angels: Jesus, look at that hindu man, he's walking the land and behaves super cool with all the guys, but about you he's a bit... meh
Jesus: What the... Send him to Hell!
The angels: But sir, Hell's for sinners and stuff, he really hasn't...
Jesus: SHUT UP!

...Come on, really?
Signature under building process, our apologies for the inconveniences

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #907 on: February 18, 2011, 03:08:32 AM »
Original sin, Kira. No human is born pure. Except for that debacle with the immaculate conception.
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

?

Kira-SY

• Ja pierdole!
« Reply #908 on: February 18, 2011, 03:38:52 AM »
I have evidences of the existence of Ghandi, of his whereabouts, and his actions.

Where's the evidence of the original sin?

Sorry but still logic wins dogma.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #909 on: February 18, 2011, 03:44:23 AM »
Actually, that just means that the views of Christianity as a whole, and thereby heaven and hell, don't really matter. Therefore, why would you be offended that he's in hell right now? Also, I'm pretty sure you can get baptized after death in some denominations and sects. People will probably have done that already, so assuming for a moment that all denominations are true, Gandhi is in heaven.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #910 on: February 18, 2011, 05:52:28 AM »
Actually, that just means that the views of Christianity as a whole, and thereby heaven and hell, don't really matter. Therefore, why would you be offended that he's in hell right now?

Even though I don't believe in hell I find it very offensive if someone says that that's where I'm going. Especially because they're usually hypocrite assholes. And saying something like that about someone that I believe we should use as a role model isn't only offending, but can damage the change of humanity into something more peaceful.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

?

Kira-SY

• Ja pierdole!
« Reply #911 on: February 18, 2011, 06:01:20 AM »
why would you be offended that he's in hell right now?

Because a bunch of blind dogmatic guys sitting in their comfortable armchairs in a warm house reading their little book, think they can judge and know the truth about the fate that some Almighty Being would decide for one (if not the most) peaceful, hardworker, sincere, honest lad that has been out there.

That's why.

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #912 on: February 18, 2011, 08:21:46 AM »

I find it pretty amazing that you actually admit that you think Jewish people go to hell.

« Reply #913 on: February 18, 2011, 09:20:38 AM »
Well, CR90 is pretty amazing. A well preserved specimen that, for some reason, still subscribes to Iron Age superstition in the 21st century.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #914 on: February 18, 2011, 08:19:11 PM »
Technically, though, it's their own fault. They were exposed to the one true faith and denounced it to go do something else.

I once asked this ultra-conservative chick what about people never exposed to Christianity (like remote tribes in the Amazon who have zero exposure to the outside world).  Do they go to hell too because they never accepted Jesus?

Her answer was, as you might expect, appalling. 

Yes, they do go to hell.  But it's okay, because her pastor (Non-Denominational Christian) once told her that Jesus had revealed himself to all the peoples on the plant at one point or another throughout history [citation needed].  Those tribe's ancestors had rejected Jesus and thus condemned all their decedents to an eternity in hell. 

No proof needed, no questions asked, no sources provided (not even the bible), yet she believed this explanation to be 100% true; no margin of error.  I believe she thought this partly because it was told to her from someone she trusted (whom I think pulled the explanation out of one of the darker recesses of his ass) and partly because it was something that she simply wanted to believe.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #915 on: February 18, 2011, 11:16:31 PM »
He still hasn't addressed why Gandhi is burning in hell. I could understand if he didn't get to go to heaven, but according to Christian doctrine, he's burning in hell right now.

Yes I have. It's because he didn't believe in Christ as his savior. there is no middle ground.

Also -

CR90, do you believe Jewish people go to hell?

Two things. Jesus blasphemed within the jewish religion repeatedly. Among the bigger ones was him telling his disciples to drink his blood. The drinking of the blood, even in the meat of an animal, is theft from god as clearly stated in the bible.

Secondly, are you claiming every person before jesus, including noah, adam, eve, moses, and every member of the jewish faith that was promised by your/my/our god an afterlife actually went to hell?

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #916 on: February 18, 2011, 11:58:04 PM »
wut?

???

SPEAK SENSE!

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #917 on: February 19, 2011, 02:43:37 AM »
wut?

???

SPEAK SENSE!

ITP: CR90 doesn't know the bible
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #918 on: February 19, 2011, 09:06:04 AM »
CR90 is going to hell now. He is.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #919 on: February 20, 2011, 02:51:40 AM »
Didn't Jesus at some point or another also say that he was only here for the people of Canaan? I remember somebody pointing it out to me, but I can't find the verse. This was in a Swedish bible, so the wording might be a bit different.

parsec

« Reply #920 on: February 20, 2011, 05:51:26 AM »
Didn't Jesus at some point or another also say that he was only here for the people of Canaan?

You must be dumb if you post such dumb things.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #921 on: February 20, 2011, 06:28:47 AM »
Perhaps it was just for the tribes of Israel or something. I'm not very well versed in the English bible, so they may have translated some things differently.

parsec

« Reply #922 on: February 20, 2011, 06:31:53 AM »
Perhaps it was just for the tribes of Israel or something. I'm not very well versed in the English bible, so they may have translated some things differently.

Here's a hint. Find a Bible in your language here:

Try to search the passage where it says the things you are claiming it does. Then, quote the Book, the chapter:the verse. We will find it in the English language easily then.

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #923 on: February 20, 2011, 07:41:18 AM »
excuse me Wendy but wtf r u talkin' about?

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #924 on: February 20, 2011, 08:11:04 AM »
Meh. Neither google nor Biblegateway yields any results. He was probably bullshitting me for the lulz, then.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #925 on: February 20, 2011, 10:38:10 AM »

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #927 on: February 20, 2011, 01:48:46 PM »
I thought it was amusing.

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #928 on: February 20, 2011, 03:56:42 PM »

EnigmaZV

« Reply #929 on: March 16, 2011, 03:06:14 PM »

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.