pseudoscience

• 21 Replies
pseudoscience
« on: July 20, 2006, 07:50:54 PM »
This area should be called "other pseudoscience" and not "alternative science", or maybe "other things that are an alternative to science"

There is absolutley nothing scientific about flat earth, its a crackpot conspiracy theory, as are many of the other things discussed here. So please, stop kidding yourself, pseudoscience and not "alternative" science.

pseudoscience
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 08:54:49 PM »
agreed about FE "theory", and most other "theories" presented on this board. but it is fun to point them out and show them they are wrong.

pseudoscience
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 11:18:32 PM »
Well, you could just stop being so ignorant and take a look around, does the "time" thread seem like psudoscience, no.  It is just "alternative" theories.
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

pseudoscience
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 12:42:56 AM »
Quote from: "CrimsonKing"
Well, you could just stop being so ignorant and take a look around, does the "time" thread seem like psudoscience, no.  It is just "alternative" theories.

yeh but the moon landing hoax thread and the creationism thread are pseudoscience and crackpot theories.

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
Re: pseudoscience
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 04:57:27 AM »
Quote from: "Theotherguy"
This area should be called "other pseudoscience" and not "alternative science", or maybe "other things that are an alternative to science"

There is absolutley nothing scientific about flat earth, its a crackpot conspiracy theory, as are many of the other things discussed here. So please, stop kidding yourself, pseudoscience and not "alternative" science.

Apparently this forum needs a thread entitled Eupemisms 101 for an explanation of why THE FLAT EARTH society dislikes the word pseudoscience. One would have htought it ws obvious
An amused
Cinef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

?

ríomhaire

pseudoscience
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 04:58:12 AM »
Don't mock this great site! It has opened my eyes! I never there could be people stupider than creationists but here's the proof!

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
pseudoscience
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 05:00:56 AM »
Quote from: "ríomhaire"
Don't mock this great site! It has opened my eyes! I never there could be people stupider than creationists but here's the proof!

In fairness believing things despite the evidence often requires far more intellectual agility than believing in easily demosntratable true things
An enraged
Cinlef

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
pseudoscience
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 07:19:27 AM »
Sigh
First off I do not believe he earth is flat
Secondly since FE discard as unrealiable all evidence not gathered/testable by them personally the evidence for Round EArth is not quite as overwhelming as it at first seems
Also just becausepeople hold one incorrecct/irrational believe doesnt make them insane wrongbut not nessacarily insane
Surely this is in the FAQ
Anyway a discussion of this type is more appropriate to the Gen Discussion
An enraged
Cinlef

pseudoscience
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 08:52:52 AM »
Quote from: "Cinlef"
Sigh
First off I do not believe he earth is flat
Secondly since FE discard as unrealiable all evidence not gathered/testable by them personally the evidence for Round EArth is not quite as overwhelming as it at first seems
Also just becausepeople hold one incorrecct/irrational believe doesnt make them insane wrongbut not nessacarily insane
Surely this is in the FAQ
Anyway a discussion of this type is more appropriate to the Gen Discussion
An enraged
Cinlef

I am Cinlef
I do not use periods
For each sentance I just make a new line
I am uber
An engorged
Cinlef

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
pseudoscience
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 08:58:43 AM »
Yeah I'm sorry I was typing in a hurry.
An sheepish
Cinlef

pseudoscience
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 06:00:49 PM »
This section should be called "Other pseudosciences".

A pseudosciences (like the flat earthism) is an theory that carries no scientific evidence.

For example, creationism has no scientific evidence associated with it. It is just a belief.
(Click here for more information.)

pseudoscience
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 06:46:03 PM »
Sigh

there is much evidence clearly gatherable/testable by any flat earthener. the methods have been pointed out time and time again.
it would be more acurate of you to say "FE discard as unreliable any evidance  
that involves getting off their arse and observing the natural world around them in a truely open minded way"
of course, there are no flat earthers working in nasa, or as pilots, or as any "actual" scientists or acadamians. if there were they would have ample abilities to "gather/test" evidence. of course there is always the "conspiricy". a great all encompasing excuse for sloppy thinking.

and on the subject of "believing in something that is not as easily proven is easier than believing in something that can be proven", you are neglecting the fact that "belief" and the need for belief, is a fundemental weakness in the human intelect.
you speak of belief, and the ability to believe, as something special, elevating the intelectual faculties and thus importance, of those who posess "belief", where in reality (i know, when has reality ever made an impact here that hasn't been locked) a truely open and inquisitive mind can only be achieved through a total lack of belief.

forget the argument over psuedo or alternative. why on earth would you possibly call this science? the majority of it is pure fantasy, with no basis in science whatsoever! i mean, where is the basic scientific method? where is the logical and structured investigation? its not science when you come up with a loony idea and bend every argument to fit the idea. thats called fiction, if your lucky. the only thing creative enough for publishing though is the "penguin" theory, or maybe some of cinlef's near "nazi" comments on other threads. (thinking of the comments of deleating posts and threads he doesn't like over in the "locked" suggestion thread.

oh, and just so you know, i am not saying this out of any mallis, but i really think the term "open minded" is getting mixed up with the term "anal retentive prick with a oversized sense of his own intelectual importance" :D
he truth is out there.
but this place is even more out there!!!!

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 06:51:57 PM »
"other things that are an alternative to science"

Lol.

"I found a new, healthy alternative to science!"
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 01:01:08 AM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"
"other things that are an alternative to science"

Lol.

"I found a new, healthy alternative to science!"

Quote from: "Dogplatter"

Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.  

:lol:
quote="Dogplatter"]
Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.  [/quote]

LOL

?

UNCLE JIM B0B

pseudoscience
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 04:58:03 AM »
Creationism is five hundred quadbillion times more factual than Evolution.

pseudoscience
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 09:51:19 AM »
hey bob. if this place cannot even figure out a working model to use as a definition of what "factual" is, how can you expect anyone to take you seriously. that photo doesn't help matters either  :lol:
he truth is out there.
but this place is even more out there!!!!

pseudoscience
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2006, 11:31:33 AM »
Creationism is five hundred quadbillion times more factual than Evolution.

ORLY?
I would go off about how wrong this is, but his avatar scares me.
quote="DiegoDraw"]"And Moses said unto his brethren: 'The Earth is flat!...biznatches,'" [/quote]
DOT INFO

pseudoscience
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2006, 12:13:51 PM »
Dont worry, he'll be rebanned by the end of the night.

This time stay gone UJB
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
pseudoscience
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2006, 01:36:51 PM »
Why does this forum allow such large avatars? Why not limit it to a reasonable size, say 150x150?
the cake is a lie

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
pseudoscience
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2006, 07:39:06 PM »
Quote from: "dysfunction"
Why does this forum allow such large avatars?

It's not supposed to let you use an avatar larger than 80 x 80. Something must be messed up, but I can't figure out what it is.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

pseudoscience
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2006, 08:53:21 AM »
Is Uncle Jim Bob that guy who posted how he had sex with kids?
quote="Dogplatter"]
Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.  [/quote]

LOL

pseudoscience
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2006, 11:07:30 PM »
Quote from: "ríomhaire"

In fairness believing things despite the evidence often requires far more intellectual agility than believing in easily demosntratable true things
An enraged
Cinlef

Uncontrolled "intellectual agility" also gives way to delusional, fancifully imaginative things such as dragons, the Tooth fairy, Santa Claus, Klingons, Jar Jar Binks, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Except the last is real.

The point is that there is a difference between being intelligent and being sensible. Hitler was intelligent.