Global Warming is a farce

• 231 Replies
?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
Global Warming is a farce
« on: January 05, 2010, 06:51:47 PM »
Global Warming my a**.

It was -29 degrees Fahrenheit last night according to Weather.com (which is roughly -33 degrees Celsius) in International Falls, MN.

Central Florida, where it has only snowed twice in recorded history, has the chance for snow on Sunday.

I say again, Global warming my a**.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 06:58:54 PM by FearTehGators »

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
Re: Global Warming is a farce
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 07:23:32 PM »
What amazing, bulletproof logic.  You truly are a genius.  Please, send your intelligent observations to the National Academies of Science, the American Meteorological Society, and the European Science Foundation.

(inb4lamejokesaboutFET)

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 07:26:25 PM »
I am posting in a quality CR90 thread.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 08:04:38 PM »
It's called 'climate' change for a reason you know. Over here they teach you how to distinguish between 'weather' and 'climate' in primary school.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 08:10:58 PM »
This is why people think you're dumb.

?

Mykael

• Professor of the Horrible Sciences
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 08:55:48 PM »
I am posting in a quality CR90 thread.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 09:11:11 PM »
Global Warming my a**.

It was -29 degrees Fahrenheit last night according to Weather.com (which is roughly -33 degrees Celsius) in International Falls, MN.

Central Florida, where it has only snowed twice in recorded history, has the chance for snow on Sunday.

I say again, Global warming my a**.

My argument is sound and legit if you read three Wikipedia articles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

I recommend this thread be moved back.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 09:18:42 PM by FearTehGators »

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 09:19:49 PM »
It's called 'climate' change for a reason you know. Over here they teach you how to distinguish between 'weather' and 'climate' in primary school.
Actually, they changed it from Global Warming to climate change because they realized that it has actually stopped warming. I'm not taking sides, it's just a fact.
I hate myself for coming here

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 09:32:33 PM »
No, 'Global Warming' is a term used to describe the rising average temperature of the planet in recent years. It is a trend in the Earth's climate. CR90 is moaning about the weather.

Just as climate != weather, a rise in the average temperature of the globe != it being consistently warmer everywhere, all the time.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 09:35:02 PM »
No, 'Global Warming' is a term used to describe the rising average temperature of the planet in recent years. It is a trend in the Earth's climate. CR90 is moaning about the weather.

Just as climate != weather, a rise in the average temperature of the globe != it being consistently warmer everywhere, all the time.

Bulls***

Euclid

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 09:39:38 PM »

Bulls***

Your response is compelling.
Quote from: Roundy the Truthinessist
Yes, thanks to the tireless efforts of Euclid and a few other mathematically-inclined members, electromagnetic acceleration is fast moving into the forefront of FE research.
8)

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 09:46:04 PM »

still not true. Data has shown that since 1998 the temperature has been cooling http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/02/a_tale_of_two_thermometers/

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 03:19:19 AM »
I think CR90 is correct.

It's cold out, and i do not enjoy, therefore Climate change is a myth.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 04:21:35 AM »

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 05:38:41 AM »

still not true. Data has shown that since 1998 the temperature has been cooling http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/02/a_tale_of_two_thermometers/

Yes, the ten year trend has been cooling. But the 100 year trend (im looking for the link) is an increase. Relevant data

Also, the sea level has been rising at a rate of 1.7 mm per year, which is higher than the rate over the past 1000 years. Scroll to number 9

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 06:00:19 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate#Definition

Climate(from Ancient Greek klima, meaning inclination) is commonly defined as the weather averaged over a long period of time.[2] The standard averaging period is 30 years

Seriously, it helps to know what climate is if you're going to talk about it.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 06:04:31 AM »
Another fun thread from CR!!  :D
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 06:57:40 AM »
I cannot see the connection between global warming and....

A farce is a comedy which aims to entertain the audience by means of unlikely, extravagant, and improbable situations, disguise and mistaken identity, verbal humour of varying degrees of sophistication, which may include sexual innuendo and word play, and a fast-paced plot whose speed usually increases, culminating in an ending which often involves an elaborate chase scene. Farce is also characterized by physical humour, the use of deliberate absurdity or nonsense, and broadly stylized performances.
My I.Q. is 85. Or was it 58?

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 07:33:02 AM »
I cannot see the connection between global warming and....

A farce is a comedy which aims to entertain the audience by means of unlikely, extravagant, and improbable situations, disguise and mistaken identity, verbal humour of varying degrees of sophistication, which may include sexual innuendo and word play, and a fast-paced plot whose speed usually increases, culminating in an ending which often involves an elaborate chase scene. Farce is also characterized by physical humour, the use of deliberate absurdity or nonsense, and broadly stylized performances.
oh you mean slap stick
an vir

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 10:22:49 AM »
It's supposed to be cold in January (N hemisphere), CR90.  Have your mom go over that with you again.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 10:23:25 AM »
 :-X

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 11:02:29 AM »
It very snowy here.
Stop all this nonesense and bring on the lapdancers.
I understand Jack1704. It's a Brit thing.

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 12:30:52 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate#Definition

Climate(from Ancient Greek klima, meaning inclination) is commonly defined as the weather averaged over a long period of time.[2] The standard averaging period is 30 years

Seriously, it helps to know what climate is if you're going to talk about it.
dude, who the hell doesn't know what climate is? did you here me say climate in my post? I was talking about Global Warming, not Climate change. You are the one stck on Climate change, while I was pointing out that the temperature has been going down.

?

Christianrocker90

• Rays Republic
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 12:32:55 PM »
Global Warming is a scam.

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 01:00:56 PM »

I will counter this argument using your own logic.

Today it is 70 degrees and it is January. Therefore, global warming is happening.

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 01:17:16 PM »

I will counter this argument using your own logic.

Today it is 70 degrees and it is January. Therefore, global warming is happening.
But here it is 20 degrees. Average it out and we get 45 degrees.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 01:19:15 PM »
Here its -20. But cold winter = hot summer  :D
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

Mykael

• Professor of the Horrible Sciences
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 04:55:20 PM »

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 05:26:32 PM »
What we are seeing is in fact Global Cooling. I have studied the climate and whether systems independently from my whether station and that is why I concluding this.

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 05:55:42 PM »
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.