How does FE explain Aurora?

• 23 Replies
How does FE explain Aurora?
« on: January 01, 2010, 11:43:52 AM »
Aurora are caused by solar winds interacting with a magnetic field from earth. The magnetic field comes from the rotation of the core. How does FE explain:

1. How aurora occur?
2. How does earth have a magnetic field in the FE model? It is caused by rotation of the core in RE but a similar rotation would not give us aurora like we observe.

I know there were previous topics but no one has really answered these questions.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
Re: How does FE explain Aurora?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 11:54:54 AM »
Keep questions in the correct board. Moved.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Dino

• Adventurer, Explorer
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »
Aurora are caused by solar winds interacting with a magnetic field from earth. The magnetic field comes from the rotation of the core. How does FE explain:

1. How aurora occur?
2. How does earth have a magnetic field in the FE model? It is caused by rotation of the core in RE but a similar rotation would not give us aurora like we observe.

I know there were previous topics but no one has really answered these questions.

So you are seeing auroras now? What kind of mushrooms did you eat?

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 02:37:39 PM »

1. How aurora occur?

Um, I've seen the auroras myself, several times. They are fairly common. You don't have to be as north or south as some believe.  They are even visible in the northern continental U.S.

?

Mookie89

• Artilles is a goddess
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 02:52:51 PM »
Keep questions in the correct board. Moved.

Thanks for the huge amount of informative content you have provided. ::)
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Ugh ugh! Ugh nug nug ugh!

It's fourteen French social dances past the hour.

?

Mookie89

• Artilles is a goddess
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 02:54:01 PM »

1. How aurora occur?

Here's a picture of the Aurora for you, or will you pin this on conspiracy too?

?

Dino

• Adventurer, Explorer
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 03:02:16 PM »

1. How aurora occur?

It's a pretty picture. REer's sure do love them some pictures! You don't see me pointing to that very same picture as evidence of a flat earth, do you? Gee, the earth sure LOOKS flat in that picture, but I won't claim a picture ever makes for good evidence.

?

Mookie89

• Artilles is a goddess
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 03:03:39 PM »

1. How aurora occur?

It's a pretty picture. REer's sure do love them some pictures! You don't see me pointing to that very same picture as evidence of a flat earth, do you? Gee, the earth sure LOOKS flat in that picture, but I won't claim a picture ever makes for good evidence.

But FE'ers have no explanation of the aurora, and RE'ers do.

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 03:07:11 PM »
Plus, "pictures that make the earth look flat" conform perfectly to RET, since we expect that over short distances, our eyes can not determine the slight curvature of earth (not to mention that fact that geographical variations in the earth make a perfectly curved surface basically impossible).

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 04:06:33 PM »
I see no one has actually discussed my questions.

Are you saying that the tens of thousands of people and accounts of the aurora are wrong Dino?

?

Dino

• Adventurer, Explorer
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 04:19:42 PM »
I see no one has actually discussed my questions.

Are you saying that the tens of thousands of people and accounts of the aurora are wrong Dino?

A lot of people have first hand accounts of lots of crazy things.

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 04:35:02 PM »
Are you saying that the aurora don't exist? That all the books and stuff about it are lying or don't exist? We could say the same thing about dinosaurs or the validity of the bible or jesus.

?

Dino

• Adventurer, Explorer
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 04:48:11 PM »
That all the books and stuff about it are lying or don't exist? We could say the same thing about dinosaurs or the validity of the bible or jesus.

Go ahead and say it. I would agree with you.

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 04:53:05 PM »
Can't we say the same thing about the conspiracy and FE? Or about anything? Give me one of these crazy things you are talking about. Don't say aliens as the reports are very different and a lot of the times forged.

?

Dino

• Adventurer, Explorer
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 04:58:08 PM »
Can't we say the same thing about the conspiracy and FE? Or about anything? Give me one of these crazy things you are talking about. Don't say aliens as the reports are very different and a lot of the times forged.

I have no explanation for the Aurora. But I am not a scientist like Tom Bishop.

I am not a member of the zetetic society or whatever. I can only come up with one crazy theory at a time, and right now I don't have one for the Aurora. Maybe someone else has a good one.

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 05:00:32 PM »
Tom blatantly does not follow the scientific method and thinks that modern science = bs. I don't think he is a scientist.

FE has no explanation for the aurora and so that is another thing that they can't explain.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 05:06:57 PM »
But I am not a scientist like Tom Bishop. 

Of all the crazy nonsense you've ever come out with, defining Bishop as a scientist is the most wacked out yet.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 05:27:53 PM »
I can only come up with one crazy theory at a time...

QFT
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Dino

• Adventurer, Explorer
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 05:33:28 PM »

QFT

Come on. Who is nuttier? Those pretending to believe in a FE or those who actually think there is anyone here who really believes in a flat earth?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 07:57:31 PM »

QFT

Come on. Who is nuttier? Those pretending to believe in a FE or those who actually think there is anyone here who really believes in a flat earth?

Did he just deny FE? We got a convert!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 08:26:52 PM »

QFT

Did he just deny FE? We got a convert!

I believe that he just admitted to being a troll.

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »
He has said before that he doesn't believe in a FE.  He just likes coming up with possible theories to discuss.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 07:40:08 AM »

QFT

I believe the Earth is flat. If you want to come out as a troll, that's fine, but don't at as if you can speak for otheres. Some of us do believe the Earth is flat: deal with it.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 07:49:37 AM »
I believe the Earth is flat. If you want to come out as a troll, that's fine, but don't at as if you can speak for otheres. Some of us do believe the Earth is flat: deal with it.

Well, it would be nice if you had some falsifiable evidence to support your belief.  ;)