NASA update: more ridiculousness

• 132 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: NASA update: more ridiculousness
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2009, 03:36:17 PM »
No Tom.  The military listed a number of duties that need to be done in certain potentially hazardous ares.

Sounds like telling (bribing) them to jump in front of a bullet to me.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 03:38:45 PM by Tom Bishop »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »
No Tom.  The military listed a number of duties that need to be done in certain potentially hazardous ares.

Sounds like telling (bribing) them to jump in front of a bullet to me.

The military did not tell the contractor to go to an unsafe environment.  The contractor chose to take an assignment in an unsafe environment.  Members of the military are not given that choice.  If you can't see the difference, then you need to join the military and experience it for yourself.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2009, 05:00:21 PM »
The military did not tell the contractor to go to an unsafe environment.  The contractor chose to take an assignment in an unsafe environment.

So did the soldiers.

Members of the military are not given that choice.

Yes they are. If they didn't want to be put into harm's way they didn't have to sign up.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 05:04:17 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2009, 05:02:15 PM »
Getting off topic, still it stands that conspiracy costs just as much as running a real space program and you would have thousands of people in on it not to mention every single country.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2009, 05:03:24 PM »
Members of the military are not given that choice.

Yes they are. If they didn't want to be put in harm's way they didn't have to sign up.

Stop nitpicking. You know perfectly well what he means. Your resorting to a semantic argument is a sign of your deep failure.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2009, 05:16:35 PM »
Stop nitpicking. You know perfectly well what he means. Your resorting to a semantic argument is a sign of your deep failure.

Soldiers are given the choice to put their lives in harm's way just as contractors are given the choice of putting their lives in harm's way. Neither of them had to sign up.

The government puts them in harm's way by bribing them with money.

« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2009, 05:35:41 PM »
Tom you don't have to accept a bribe you know.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2009, 06:15:09 PM »
Tom you don't have to accept a bribe you know.

The poor and unskilled do.

« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2009, 06:16:18 PM »
Why don't we get back to how running a fake NASA would cost as much as a real one and require thousands of people.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2009, 07:01:08 PM »
Why don't we get back to how running a fake NASA would cost as much as a real one and require thousands of people.

So you're saying that it would cost more not to go into space than to go into space?  ???
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:10:04 PM by Tom Bishop »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2009, 07:14:01 PM »

Soldiers are given the choice to put their lives in harm's way just as contractors are given the choice of putting their lives in harm's way. Neither of them had to sign up.

Yes, we do have an all volunteer military.  No, joining the military does not automatically mean that you will be put into harm's way (even though it is always a possibility).

The government puts them in harm's way by bribing them with money.

Tom, obviously you have no idea how bribery works. 

« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2009, 07:19:40 PM »
If you read the thread that would help.

I will still spell it out for you. There are public launches of space shuttles. The space shuttle must be strong enough to take off and land. So you are basically using a real space shuttle (don't need as much stuff inside but if you want this not to land in say middle of texas you still need a lot of equipment). Then you need to rebuild these space shuttles each time or involve most of the Navy. Also Astronauts have to be bribed or a lot of people need to be bribed. Fake NASA's money just evaporates real quick.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2009, 07:25:23 PM »
Yes, we do have an all volunteer military.  No, joining the military does not automatically mean that you will be put into harm's way (even though it is always a possibility).

Who joins the military expecting that they will never be put in harm's way?  ???

I know exactly how it works.

"Don't worry kids, you don't have to leave your parent's house and go into the real world after High School. Just join the military. We'll pay for your education, your health care, your housing, your children's and spouse's health care, and give you a guaranteed salary on top of that to boot."

It's an offer the poor and struggling have a hard time refusing.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 08:18:17 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2009, 07:30:26 PM »
Well then you have to be pretty stupid to think there is no chance of danger when we are still fighting in two locations.

You still don't have to accept a bribe Tom.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2009, 07:35:19 PM »
Yes, we do have an all volunteer military.  No, joining the military does not automatically mean that you will be put into harm's way (even though it is always a possibility).

Who joins the military expecting that they will never be put in harm's way?  ???

My brother and I each spent 4 years in the US Marine Corps and neither of us were put in harm's way.

I know exactly how it works.

"Don't worry kids, you don't have to leave your parent's house and go into the real world after High School. Just join the military. We'll pay for your education, your health care, your housing, your children's and spouse's health care, and give you a salary on top of that to boot."

It's an offer the poor and struggling have a hard time refusing.

And yet, so many do.  About 20 years or so ago NY state wanted to require all people on welfare who were of the eligible age to talk with a military recruiter in order to keep their benefits.  They didn't have to join, they just had to talk.  Needless to say, it never happened because of all of the protests.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »
GPS would still be reliable at periscope depth, would it not?
No, periscopes are not 1 inch long.

Essentially antenna depth.  I did not say or imply that submarines used GPS at depth; or that it took the place of Loran or whatever.
Ok, then. This is a different point.

And what you are effectively saying is that subnarines aren't equipped with GPS equipment?  You're absolutely right, I would never have guessed that.
See Inertial Navigation Systems.

Cutting up a paragraph isn't my idea of fair play but what the heck.  I assume you saw the reference I finally found for you; pretty well makes my point.

A reference, as requested, for Parsec (and please remember I said the very early days of GPS):

"The TRANSIT system, also known as NAVSAT (for Navy Navigation Satellite System), was the first satellite navigation system to be used operationally. The system was primarily used by the US Navy to provide accurate location information to ballistic missile submarines, and was also used as a general navigation system by the Navy, as well as hydrographic and geodetic surveying."

« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2009, 01:16:46 PM »
Tom you even say they have a hard time refusing. That means they can. Thanks for fighting my battle for me.

« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2009, 04:32:22 PM »
So, why spend the money? Why didn't they (NASA, Government), at the beginning, just say that it's impossible to go into space? Why did we make a wild vow to land someone on the Moon?

?

dim

• More overpowered than Aristotel.
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2009, 06:19:51 AM »
Swede, I think(but it was idea of someone else).

When we are(mean Soviets) told the world that they are first in the space, by the cold war unprinted laws USA had to do the same thing. And USA told the world, they been on the Moon.

So it's how its started. But later it just turned to be a business.

Truth will be known soon. (or not really soon, I think maybe by the year 2050)

« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2009, 09:29:06 AM »
Moon bases and mass evacuation plans are not necessary. Our earth is just fine right now. NASA doesn't do its work just to be cool. "Oh look at these cool moon bases we just spend 100 billion dollars on....now what?"

NASA's mission is as much to make scientific discoveries through aeronautics research as it is to explore space. Plus, our governments are much more concerned with international affairs, geopolitics, and the economy. Those issues are much, much, much, much more important in the average person's mind than "oh no what if we need to evacuate the planet right now?" And so therefore the amount of funding provided to NASA for its research is insignificant compared to the amount of money being invested in the economy, military, and such.

Ah but thjere would be many scientific discoveries made if nasa really could land a man on the moon. Think if they establised a moon base! They could discover many things about outter space living could they not?

Context does not imply causation.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2009, 12:43:04 PM »
Man I really dont know what NASA does except for:

writing texts;
faking pictures;
makes launches of metal junk to the nearest waters;
and tells to few people that they soon become heroes by becoming superstars in the form astronauts;

I dont know about anything else. Like their experiments on the orbit(what they do there except repairing ISS?), like all those fuel, like all those super-challenging stuff. I never heard about it in details nor i dont see any benefits for human race since first Sputnik was launched. Do you see any? (miss the point about GPS pls)
Wow youve sussed it! Bravo!
Why hide from the gps argument? Cant figure out how else it would work without satellites?

I dont know what The Flat Earth Society does, except for;
Faking Maps,
Agitating believers of modern life physics and concepts by denying what concepts are most obvious,
Making up Quotes;
Oh yeah, and talking bullshit.

?

dim

• More overpowered than Aristotel.
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2009, 02:09:53 AM »
You have 47 posts, and probably dont even read threads about GPS. GPS works without sattelites.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2010, 04:27:43 AM »
You have 47 posts, and probably dont even read threads about GPS. GPS works without sattelites.

What

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System

« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2010, 07:28:44 AM »
GPS might work with a fleet of balloons and maintenance but that would require a lot of money, fuel, parts, and personal who would have to be in on it. Also all GPS companies would need to change the specifications of the physical part and change the software. It requires a lot of work and would be very noticeable.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2010, 07:37:11 AM »
GPS might work with a fleet of balloons and maintenance but that would require a lot of money, fuel, parts, and personal who would have to be in on it. Also all GPS companies would need to change the specifications of the physical part and change the software. It requires a lot of work and would be very noticeable.

That's the problem with the flat guys glibly signing off explanations to "the conspiracy did it"; every time they blame the conspiracy for something it gets larger, really to handle the amount of work the FE'ers give the conspiracy it would have to involve several thousand people, every single one of whom would have to be paid more money than they could get by selling their story to the papers.
Faking GPS with aircraft - involves thousands of aircraft worldwide.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2010, 07:41:45 AM »
Plus people would notice why there are tons of planes/blimps just floating around. Also they wouldn't really work because you need exact location to get a good answer.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2010, 08:31:28 AM »

And you probably haven't read how it's possible to track GPS satellites by their moving signals.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2010, 09:15:26 PM »

And you probably haven't read how it's possible to track GPS satellites by their moving signals.

Stratellites can also move.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2010, 09:34:09 PM »

Stratellites can also move.

Not at the same angular velocity as GPS satellites.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2010, 09:36:50 PM »
Not at the same angular velocity as GPS satellites.

GPS 'satellites' are geostationary, or nearly so. They don't streak across the GPS screen.