Google Earth.

• 84 Replies
Re: Google Earth.
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2009, 02:43:01 PM »
Zoom into the middle of the Pacific Ocean and see if you can see waves.

No data exists for the oceans.

Meaning that they can arrange the continents however they want to arrange them.

Ok, thanks. Although many cities have little resolution due to their geological insignificance. How less significant can you get than the middle of the ocean? It's another way to take information we don't have and apply it to theories we can't prove. But that does answer my question.

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2009, 03:26:29 PM »
the only reason they dont map out EVERYTHING is because no one cares about those desolate areas. that costs too much time and money to make. they dont need to prove anything to you 16th century idiots. all they map out is residentials and such.

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2009, 03:32:59 PM »
I'm amazed at how hard it is to get banned from this web site. I respect the moderators for not banning me due to my confrontational way of speaking... But damn.

Optimus Prime

• Autobot Leader: Keeper of the Matrix of Leadership
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 06:08:05 PM »
I'm amazed at how hard it is to get banned from this web site. I respect the moderators for not banning me due to my confrontational way of speaking... But damn.

C'mon admit it... would this place be nearly as interesting without a few entertaining confrontational jerks? lol

Take care,
- Optimus
Dyslexics are teople poo!

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2009, 06:12:08 PM »

C'mon admit it... would this place be nearly as interesting without a few entertaining confrontational jerks? lol

Take care,
- Optimus

Haha. If only more people would admit that.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2009, 06:51:47 PM »
If Google can get accurate satellite imagery of the continents, what would exclude them from getting the accurate positioning of the continents?

Google doesn't care about accurate positioning.

On Google Maps they have one layout and on Google Earth they have another. They're giving us two different versions of the earth.

?

Mookie89

• Artilles is a goddess
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2009, 06:53:30 PM »
If Google can get accurate satellite imagery of the continents, what would exclude them from getting the accurate positioning of the continents?

On Google Maps they have one layout and on Google Earth they have another. They're giving us two different versions of the earth.

Have they stated that they don't care about positioning?
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Ugh ugh! Ugh nug nug ugh!

It's fourteen French social dances past the hour.

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2009, 06:56:01 PM »

Have they stated that they don't care about positioning?

I can't believe what I'm reading here.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2009, 07:06:36 PM »

Well, there's no rule against heated debate, just against personal attacks in the serious forums.  Also, you're actually more respectful than the average long-term RE'er.  Just look up "Gulliver" on this forum, and you'll see how far you can go on the scale of obnoxiousness without getting banned.

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2009, 07:07:20 PM »

Any sources to prove this? And what do you think that suggests? A cover up?

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2009, 07:08:02 PM »

Jesus christ

maps.google.com

earth.google.com

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
I didn't say anything about "conspiracy". I just said that they can arrange the continents however they want to arrange them.

On Google Maps they arrange the images in Mercator map style, for example.

On Google Earth they arrange them as on a traditional desktop globe.

Two examples where the images can be arranged however the Google artist wants to arrange them.

No Tom, the images have to line up where the longitude and latitude coordinates say that they are.

The longitude and latitude lines can be modified to fit the arrangement of the continents.

See: Mercator Vs. Globe Vs. Azimuthal Vs. Other

The lines can be modified.  The coordinates can't.  42 N, 60 W is the exact same location regardless of the projection.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2009, 07:21:01 PM »

*sigh*  Tom, Google Earth and Google Maps can both be used to provide turn-by-turn driving directions.  I could be wrong, but I'd say that requires pretty accurate positioning.

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2009, 07:39:40 PM »

Jesus christ

maps.google.com

earth.google.com

Enough with the hostility. If you're not able to cool your temper just don't post, otherwise I'll ignore it from now on. I asked for his explanation to several questions, not a few links to the concerning web sites.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2009, 07:42:43 PM »

Jesus christ

maps.google.com

earth.google.com

Enough with the hostility. If you're not able to cool your temper just don't post, otherwise I'll ignore it from now on. I asked for his explanation to several questions, not a few links to the concerning web sites.

Or, you could use a search engine, google seems to be a popular one, and while you are on this search engine you could follow the links to google earth and google maps without even having to search.

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2009, 07:50:54 PM »

Jesus christ

maps.google.com

earth.google.com

Or, you could use a search engine, google seems to be a popular one, and while you are on this search engine you could follow the links to google earth and google maps without even having to search.

Alright, that solves the confirming what he said problem. but honestly I wouldn't know what to look for. Could YOU explain what he meant by the layout being different? This could mean the Earths gseography doesn't align I guess. Or even that the tools are different.

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2009, 12:41:04 AM »

There is no "arrangement" going on here, just transformations (i.e. projections) of the same data.  Please don't mislead.

Tom's FAILED on this one, but he won't go quietly.

I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2009, 07:04:24 AM »
I didn't say anything about "conspiracy". I just said that they can arrange the continents however they want to arrange them.

On Google Maps they arrange the images in Mercator map style, for example.

On Google Earth they arrange them as on a traditional desktop globe.

Two examples where the images can be arranged however the Google artist wants to arrange them.

No Tom, the images have to line up where the longitude and latitude coordinates say that they are.

The longitude and latitude lines can be modified to fit the arrangement of the continents.

See: Mercator Vs. Globe Vs. Azimuthal Vs. Other

The lines can be modified.  The coordinates can't.  42 N, 60 W is the exact same location regardless of the projection.

The longitude and latitude lines can appear as squiggly lines across the map. They don't need to take any particular orientation for the coordinates to remain in tact.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2009, 07:35:27 AM »
Which is exactly what I said before.

The latitude and longitude on any flat projected map is based off the lat. and long. on a globe.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2009, 12:15:17 PM »
The lines can be modified.  The coordinates can't.  42 N, 60 W is the exact same location regardless of the projection.

The longitude and latitude lines can appear as squiggly lines across the map. They don't need to take any particular orientation for the coordinates to remain in tact.

There you have the solution to your FE mapping dilemma.  Take the latitude and longitude coordinates of known locations and start plotting them on your FE map.

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2009, 12:33:18 PM »

There you have the solution to your FE mapping dilemma.  Take the latitude and longitude coordinates of known locations and start plotting them on your FE map.

For maximum accuracy I suggest starting with a spherical surface for plotting.
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2009, 02:05:36 PM »

What's a "known" location? Is a point in the middle of the pacific ocean a "known" location?

Who pinpointed that "known" location?

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2009, 02:16:59 PM »

What's a "known" location? Is a point in the middle of the pacific ocean a "known" location?

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the "conspiracy rebuttal".
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2009, 02:30:29 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the "conspiracy rebuttal".

It's more a, they don't have to accurately map the oceans because there are no points of reference.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2009, 02:32:07 PM »

How about major cities, sea ports and airports?  Check me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that those would pretty well known locations.

?

Weps

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2009, 09:26:46 PM »
Let me dissolve the issue. I have successfully navigated with Google Earth and used it in many applications along side Gov't issued maps and sheets. Yes, I did government Search And Rescue, and Google Earth is quite accurate, seeing as how it provides a good filler between a GPS, Flight Chart, and Topo.

When you can match aerial photography, with lat/long charts and a 1/50,000 Topo, I'd venture to say that the information given is quite "real".

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2009, 07:21:11 AM »
Let me dissolve the issue. I have successfully navigated with Google Earth and used it in many applications along side Gov't issued maps and sheets. Yes, I did government Search And Rescue, and Google Earth is quite accurate, seeing as how it provides a good filler between a GPS, Flight Chart, and Topo.

When you can match aerial photography, with lat/long charts and a 1/50,000 Topo, I'd venture to say that the information given is quite "real".

...and you're part of the conspiracy?

See...that's how they're going to get you!  :o

?

Gigamonsta

• Earth Shape Agnostic (ESA) - QUESTION EVERYTHING
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2009, 11:21:03 AM »

Maybe google earth was *gasp* edited! By the gov't perhaps? In all seriousness, what you said means nothing to us and does not disprove our science. Satellites probably don't even exist anyways.

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2009, 12:02:53 PM »

Maybe google earth was *gasp* edited! By the gov't perhaps?

TA-DAAAA!  :D

?

Dino

• Adventurer, Explorer
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »
Of course I know this whole thing is just a joke, but in theory I can see why Google doesn't have to be part of a "conspiracy" -- it could just as easily be a victim of it. Google could merely be plotting what they believe to be true. A mere one-for-one mathematical transform could change a flat earth model into a round earth model or vice-versa. The data locations and the models are 2 separate things. Google probably didn't invent their own earth model. They could take the data and map it over any given model. You don't think Google could take the same data and present it as Google Flat-Earth? I believe they could.