Google Earth.

• 84 Replies
Google Earth.
« on: December 15, 2009, 08:14:19 PM »
Does anyone have information about how Google Earth was manipulated? Are there parts of the world in Google Earth that don't actually exist so that the world seems round?

?

LoftyDaDan

Re: Google Earth.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 08:19:48 PM »
Google Earth is not manipulated, because the world actually is round.

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 08:22:33 PM »
That's my opinion as well. I want to know what their theory may be on that and find out if it's plausible.

?

LoftyDaDan

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 08:24:52 PM »
I've already seen what they say.  They say that Google is in with some kind of "Conspiracy"  to brainwash us.  it is full of lolz

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 08:29:26 PM »
I've already seen what they say.  They say that Google is in with some kind of "Conspiracy"  to brainwash us.  it is full of lolz

Um, no.  That's not even close to what we say.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 08:58:04 PM »
Well I suppose that would be the idea. I want to know if anyone has MORE information on it, though.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 12:40:39 AM »
Zoom into the middle of the Pacific Ocean and see if you can see waves.

No data exists for the oceans.

Meaning that they can arrange the continents however they want to arrange them.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 12:42:52 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 12:58:27 AM »
So google are in on the conspiracy?

What do they get out of the deal?

Money? Really? How?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 01:18:57 AM »
I didn't say anything about "conspiracy". I just said that they can arrange the continents however they want to arrange them.

On Google Maps they arrange the images in Mercator map style, for example.

On Google Earth they arrange them as on a traditional desktop globe.

Two examples where the images can be arranged however the Google artist wants to arrange them.

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 01:23:28 AM »
I know you never said anything about the conspiracy. But i did.

I'm asking if you think google are in on the conspiracy? Otherwise surely when making their maps, they would have noticed something was afoot? They wouldn't line up properly and fit together?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 02:49:57 AM »

I'm asking if you think google are in on the conspiracy? Otherwise surely when making their maps, they would have noticed something was afoot? They wouldn't line up properly and fit together?

wut?

?

Mookie89

• Artilles is a goddess
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 02:51:08 AM »

wut?

What?
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Ugh ugh! Ugh nug nug ugh!

It's fourteen French social dances past the hour.

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 04:34:48 AM »
I didn't say anything about "conspiracy". I just said that they can arrange project the continents however they want to arrange map them.

On Google Maps they arrange project the images in Mercator map style, for example.

On Google Earth they arrange project them as on a traditional desktop globe.

Two examples where the images can be arranged projected however the Google artist developer wants to arrange map them.

Fix, Tom.
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 05:43:00 AM »
I didn't say anything about "conspiracy". I just said that they can arrange the continents however they want to arrange them.

Two examples where the images can be arranged however the Google artist wants to arrange them.

If they have real images of the continents, wouldn't they have to fly over the right places to do so? Don't you think that if the continents weren't where they are traditionally thought to be that they would arrange them otherwise?

So you can't get around this. Either Google is part of the/a conspiracy or the images of the earth aren't real.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 08:52:06 AM »

No Tom, the images have to line up where the longitude and latitude coordinates say that they are.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »

No Tom, the images have to line up where the longitude and latitude coordinates say that they are.

The longitude and latitude lines can be modified to fit the arrangement of the continents.

See: Mercator Vs. Globe Vs. Azimuthal Vs. Other

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 10:42:58 AM »

The longitude and latitude lines can be modified to fit the arrangement of the continents.

Right. So you're saying it's a conspiracy. At least we know your stance.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 10:46:01 AM »

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 10:54:37 AM »

And on all of these, the longitude and latitude match each other.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 10:59:44 AM »

Can you explain why a google "artist" would WANT (using YOUR word) to arrange them however they wanted to, if they didn't coordinate with the latitudes/longitudes that the planes flew? If that didn't cause alarm, then they are either REALLY STUPID (which I think we both doubt) or they are being paid to cover up the truth, ala Conspiracy.

You can't have both Tom. It HAS to be one or the other. Please do not quote yourself again because what you said previously doesn't address this.

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 11:00:06 AM »

The longitude and latitude lines can be modified to fit the arrangement are projected the same the continents.

Fixed again, Tom.   

There is no "arrangement" going on here, just transformations of the same data.  Please don't mislead.
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 11:09:06 AM »
Technically I could make a map where the latitude and longitude points were spread out across it, idaho was an island, and all sorts of other things and could be correct as long as the latitude and longitude points were correct. Of course, they're correct to the RE globe, so if the FE map were to do the same thing, it'd just be a different projection of the RE Globe.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 11:28:21 AM »
Can you explain why a google "artist" would WANT (using YOUR word) to arrange them however they wanted to, if they didn't coordinate with the latitudes/longitudes that the planes flew?

They're not arranging them for flight times. Flight times have nothing to do with it. They're arranging them for look preference.

Flight times would be different between a Mercator style map and on a globe, for example. Ie., an example that flight times and flight paths have nothing to do with it.

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 11:48:10 AM »
Can you explain why a google "artist" would WANT (using YOUR word) to arrange them however they wanted to, if they didn't coordinate with the latitudes/longitudes that the planes flew?

They're not arranging them for flight times. Flight times have nothing to do with it. They're arranging them for look preference.

Flight times would be different between a Mercator style map and on a globe, for example. Ie., an example that flight times and flight paths have nothing to do with it.
Google claims that Google Earth is an accurate representation of the Globe, via satellite imagery and aerial photography. There has to be some kind of cover-up if you concede that the imagery is real.

You have to admit that at least one person has to be perpetrating some kind of conspiracy, or that the placement is correct, therefore proving the earth is round.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 11:50:10 AM »

Did you ignore that part where I talked about latitude and longitude?

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 12:01:35 PM »
Please explain this, as well.

Introduced in version 5.0 (February 2009), the Google Ocean feature allows users to zoom below the surface of the ocean and view the 3D bathymetry beneath the waves. Supporting over 20 content layers, it contains information from leading scientists and oceanographers.[18] On April 14, 2009, Google added underwater terrain data for the Great Lakes.[19]

You can't just place the continents AND the oceans wherever you would like to. They have to sync up. You have no choice Tom. You have to pick one or the other: Fake or Conspiracy.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 12:39:34 PM »
Google claims that Google Earth is an accurate representation of the Globe, via satellite imagery and aerial photography. There has to be some kind of cover-up if you concede that the imagery is real.

There aren't any images of the oceans. Only the continents are real, and rather spotty in desolate areas.

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2009, 12:43:15 PM »

There aren't any images of the oceans. Only the continents are real, and rather spotty in desolate areas.

So the bathymetry of the ocean floor is fake?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2009, 12:49:10 PM »
Oceanographers typically only scout the coasts of continents, not world-wide distances.

The data could easily be fitted together on either a Mercator or globe-style map. I've seen visualizations of bathymetry visualizations of the earth portrayed in both Mecator and globe styles, despite the physical distances on either visualization being different.

Oceanographers and cartographers don't have any concerns with their portrayals being inconsistent.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 12:51:39 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2009, 12:57:20 PM »
Oceanographers typically only scout the coasts of continents, not world-wide distances.

The data could easily be fitted together on either a Mercator or globe-style map. I've seen visualizations of bathymetry visualizations of the earth portrayed in both Mecator and globe styles, despite the physical distances on either visualization being different.

Oceanographers and cartographers don't have any concerns with their portrayals being inconsistent.

It's just not going to matter is it? You're going to get to make broad statements that aren't backed by anything and always put the burden of proof on someone else.

If Google can get accurate satellite imagery of the continents, what would exclude them from getting the accurate positioning of the continents?