A little help with the theory

• 13 Replies
A little help with the theory
« on: December 07, 2009, 12:12:59 PM »
Hi I'm new here to the forums and am looking forward to becoming a part of this community, however, currently I am in the belief that the earth is round, as I have been for all of my life, I'm open to the flat earth theory but I would like some help and explanation, please can I have so good scientific detail I won't settle for simple answers, I hope to see an intelligent angle on the flat earth theory from these answers.

1) If the earth is flat why can you see its curvature at altitudes (on airplanes) and at the coast on clear days.

2) Surly some objects with cameras or people have been into space that's not a hoax by now and would have brouhaha back definitive proof that the earth is flat.

3) Based on your model of why things go down and explanation of gravity what are comets and meteorites?

4) What causes global warming/climate change and how specifically does it affect the flat earth.

5) What would be the point in keeping it a secret from the general population that the earth is flat, given that's what humanity thought in the first place.

6) If the earth is flat why should I belive it if everyone else thinks it's round, to avoid pointless arguing and confusion should I not just learn to live with the round theory.

Thanks

Lawton27

Re: A little help with the theory
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 01:03:28 PM »
Hi I'm new here to the forums and am looking forward to becoming a part of this community, however, currently I am in the belief that the earth is round, as I have been for all of my life, I'm open to the flat earth theory but I would like some help and explanation, please can I have so good scientific detail I won't settle for simple answers, I hope to see an intelligent angle on the flat earth theory from these answers.

1) If the earth is flat why can you see its curvature at altitudes (on airplanes) and at the coast on clear days.

2) Surly some objects with cameras or people have been into space that's not a hoax by now and would have brouhaha back definitive proof that the earth is flat.

3) Based on your model of why things go down and explanation of gravity what are comets and meteorites?

4) What causes global warming/climate change and how specifically does it affect the flat earth.

5) What would be the point in keeping it a secret from the general population that the earth is flat, given that's what humanity thought in the first place.

6) If the earth is flat why should I belive it if everyone else thinks it's round, to avoid pointless arguing and confusion should I not just learn to live with the round theory.

Thanks

Lawton27
I'll try and answer this:
1. As far I have seen on the forum, you can't see the curvature. You are infact seeing things.
2. Where do you think you can just build a space shuttle, zoom up into space, take a picture and zoom down again, without getting found out?
3.Its the same idea as with driving a car and having flies hit into the car windscreen and going splat. The metiorites are just in the way.
4. I don't know ;).
5. I have a Post on Flat earth general, but no answers yet. Tom just says 'Money'. Not sure how.
6. Don't get the question.
I hope that has answered some of your questions.

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 01:06:20 PM »
4 is a good point: surely on a flat earth the excess pollutants would propagate off the edge of the globe.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 09:54:23 AM »
Robert64, that's like saying on RE they'd just leave the atmosphere on free will. That's just silly.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

?

ERTW

• Always fall back to common sense
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »
Robert64, that's like saying on RE they'd just leave the atmosphere on free will. That's just silly.
In RET, the pollutants would be held down to the Earth by gravitation. In FET, the pollutants could always fall off the edge, or diffuse outwards away from where they are being emitted.
Don't diss physics until you try it!

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 03:26:26 PM »
Asking questions here is like asking the Govt. questions about 9/11. The seemingly highest FE'ist who you'd WANT to get information from is Tom, and almost always either gives an answer that does not even relate to the question, or ignores the question for some bogus reason, like "that would take too long for me to bother myself with" when all you did was post a link to a snap shot you want him to see. Tom seems to have a lack of faith in the theory he's trying to sell. I pray he is not making money for this, or he should be in prison.

Surly some objects with cameras or people have been into space that's not a hoax by now and would have brouhaha back definitive proof that the earth is flat.

This has already happened on numerous occasions. Watch the video I posted below. There's lots of pictures and videos like this, this one must be among the best.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=james+may+edge+of+space&search_type=&aq=f

Look at the first video thumbnail. It is very easy to see the extreme curvature of the Earth. Open the first video, forward to around 6min and keep watching. I made a thread about this, and despite the ability to just jump ahead or LOOK at the thumbnail Tom said he didn't want to bother his time with it... My thread is on page two in this section.

?

Mookie89

• Artilles is a goddess
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 03:30:29 PM »
Asking questions here is like asking the Govt. questions about 9/11. The seemingly highest FE'ist who you'd WANT to get information from is Tom, and almost always either gives an answer that does not even relate to the question, or ignores the question for some bogus reason, like "that would take too long for me to bother myself with" when all you did was post a link to a snap shot you want him to see. Tom seems to have a lack of faith in the theory he's trying to sell. I pray he is not making money for this, or he should be in prison.

Surly some objects with cameras or people have been into space that's not a hoax by now and would have brouhaha back definitive proof that the earth is flat.

This has already happened on numerous occasions. Watch the video I posted below. There's lots of pictures and videos like this, this one must be among the best.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=james+may+edge+of+space&search_type=&aq=f

Look at the first video thumbnail. It is very easy to see the extreme curvature of the Earth. Open the first video, forward to around 6min and keep watching. I made a thread about this, and despite the ability to just jump ahead or LOOK at the thumbnail Tom said he didn't want to bother his time with it... My thread is on page two in this section.

I actually made a thread about that video (sorry for stealing your material) and he came up with the (not so) bright idea that what we are seeing in the video is the sun illuminating a circular portion of the Earth, giving the illusion of a curved Earth, which is completely bogus.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Ugh ugh! Ugh nug nug ugh!

It's fourteen French social dances past the hour.

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 03:39:26 PM »
Ohhhh. No by all means, it's good material so it should be used. But I don't like that explanation. The plane moves and the curvature stays the same. I made another thread about it also, except I'm more just questioning why he wants to ignore the video... I made the link go straight to youtube thumbnails so he can get a FULL idea of the angle of the curve. If Tom's theory that he gave you is correct the Earth would STILL not be flat, there would be a giant half globe attached to a flat Earth.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 03:57:11 PM »
Ohhhh. No by all means, it's good material so it should be used. But I don't like that explanation. The plane moves and the curvature stays the same. I made another thread about it also, except I'm more just questioning why he wants to ignore the video... I made the link go straight to youtube thumbnails so he can get a FULL idea of the angle of the curve. If Tom's theory that he gave you is correct the Earth would STILL not be flat, there would be a giant half globe attached to a flat Earth.
The earth is huge. The planes small movements are insignificant.

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 04:28:15 PM »

Actually they are significant, you basically get to see the entire Earth which slopes in every direction. Definitely significant.

?

Mookie89

• Artilles is a goddess
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 04:33:06 PM »

Actually they are significant, you basically get to see the entire Earth which slopes in every direction. Definitely significant.

Just ignore Johannes, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. I personally think he's a troll with a very short temper.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 07:26:23 PM »

Just ignore Johannes, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. I personally think he's a troll with a very short temper.
I know more about physics than you ever will.

?

Mookie89

• Artilles is a goddess
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 07:27:20 PM »

I know more about physics than you ever will.

Prove it. You can Google anything about physics just as easy as I can.

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 08:21:32 PM »
I'm sure we all know lots about physics... Arguing who knows more is exactly what I'd expect from someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. I'm sorry... But if you know physics, that means you know how light works. Just by looking at the sky at certain times of the day should be enough evidence.