What do the world goverments gain by not letting people know the 'truth'?

• 45 Replies
You say that the world governments don't want people to know the world is flat, but why? All the money pooled together from the governments would have to go straight back out to stop people from knowing the truth. And also, world leaders where normal kids once, and believed that the world is a globe. Do you really think that when they become PM or President some guy comes along and whispers in his/her ear, 'The world is really flat, and were not allowed to let people know, oh, and we need another 2 billion to help hide this fact, even though we are in a massive economy collapse'.  Even if they did, the listener would just laugh in his face. What do they gain from 'hiding' the truth that the world is flat? And what developing country, who needs money to develop, would give money away for a pointless reason?
This is a serious question, as I just have not got why they want to hide it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 12:12:18 PM by The earth is a globe »

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
Re: What do the world goverments gain by not letting people know the 'truth'?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 11:33:39 AM »
Money.
This answer always cracks me up  ;D

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 11:40:09 AM »
But it Doesn't, does it? I think that guy is hilarious, he does'nt understand any idea of economy or anything. He also never seems to answer the given question.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 12:40:52 PM by The earth is a globe »

?

Don B

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 12:09:37 PM »
It doesn't make any sense to me either. According to the FET people, the conspiracy stretches back quite a ways, and yet the best they come up with is that it helps to justify the budget of NASA.

Nasa doesn't date back that far, so what was the original goal of the conspiracy?

On another note, can Mr. Bishop tell us the names of the two colleges (or debate colleges, his modified term after being questioned on his unsubstantiated claim) he chairs? He won't, because he's afraid of "stalkers". So again, can he at least detail the curriculum of both?

?

Don B

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 01:23:57 PM »
Same as I expected from the "Start a University" post. The sound of crickets in place of Mr. Bishop.

MO = Answer the questions he can BS himself through, be silent on the ones he can't.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 02:00:59 PM »
The original RE'ers were probably just wrong. Opinions differ, but personally I think The Conspiracy dates back no further than the space age.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 12:05:33 PM »
But what do the world goverments gain from the conspiracy?

?

vulcangon

• Bad Banana with a greasy black peel!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »
Well also - if the earth really were flat, how would the government go about admitting their mistake?

"Hey guys ... we just wanted to let you know, NASA has beens syphoning your money for a long time. Instead of space travel they invented photoshop. Yeah, I know, right? Its crazy ... Anyway, space flight isn't really possible and uh ... Neil Armstrong ... Yeah ... that was a ploy. Alright, glad we addressed this subject."
Live long and prosper

?

Don B

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 12:30:48 PM »
The original RE'ers were probably just wrong. Opinions differ, but personally I think The Conspiracy dates back no further than the space age.

I think you meant FE'ers?

Lets go back to the early folks who figured out (or decided) that the Earth was a sphere. Were they mistaken, or were they the start of the whole charade?

And to what end? That's the one question that no FE'er has ever answered satisfactorily. Why even have a "fake" space program at that point? Creating an elaborate space program that you'd need to piss away millions of dollars on to maintain an illusion?

Lies become more difficult to manage the more you add to them.

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 07:13:39 PM »
Its like an round fest in here.

I Think if they can keep the lie the earth is round going I'm Fairly certain they can keep there motive from escaping. Maybe they have a giant machine that sucks the life out of as many people believing the lie as they can that produces happiness or keeps the sun going. Maybe There is a criminally insane man out there with all the hitmen money can buyfinding it fun just to mess with everyone. Those are some alternitive motives to keeping the secret under wraps. Plus if the president announce that the earth is flat;
 1 No ones going to believe him and think hes crazy.
 2 its going to hurt his chances at being elected again or if hes on his last term elected as something else
Even if you have the knowledge it hurts you to tell anybody.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

?

brap

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 04:30:13 AM »
They will gain the fact that noone try to travel to the other side, because on the other side they have money mountians which they use for themselves so us commoners can not use, the other side has all the things that they dont want us to have i.e money condoms and sexy woman

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 04:49:38 AM »

Lets go back to the early folks who figured out (or decided) that the Earth was a sphere. Were they mistaken, or were they the start of the whole charade?

No, I meant RE'ers. And yes, I believe they were probably just mistaken.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 09:43:41 AM »

I'm sorry, but are you blind?
WHY WOULD A GOVERNMENT START THE CONSPIRACY.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 10:18:08 AM »
The government didn't start the conspiracy.  The conspiracy infiltrated the government.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 10:34:58 AM »
The government didn't start the conspiracy.  The conspiracy infiltrated the government.
Ok, why would the government adopt the conspiracy and uphold it?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 11:34:59 AM »
What makes you think that the government knows that it has been infiltrated by the conspiracy?

What do the world goverments gain by not letting people know the truth
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 12:20:19 PM »
Good stuff, thanks for the update

Id like to add a point though, repeatable AP and the people who have exploited repeatable AP, anything happening regarding that?

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 02:09:25 PM »
What makes you think that the government knows that it has been infiltrated by the conspiracy?

Right so the guys at NASA don't notice that they actually aren't going into space, building satellites and landing on the moon and its all a set with green screens and cgi.
IF it's a conspiracy, they know about it.

?

dim

• More overpowered than Aristotel.
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 12:55:18 AM »
You say that the world governments don't want people to know the world is flat, but why? All the money pooled together from the governments would have to go straight back out to stop people from knowing the truth. And also, world leaders where normal kids once, and believed that the world is a globe. Do you really think that when they become PM or President some guy comes along and whispers in his/her ear, 'The world is really flat, and were not allowed to let people know, oh, and we need another 2 billion to help hide this fact, even though we are in a massive economy collapse'.  Even if they did, the listener would just laugh in his face. What do they gain from 'hiding' the truth that the world is flat? And what developing country, who needs money to develop, would give money away for a pointless reason?

More then money. Power.
By tellling people we are less than a piece of dust in the outskirts of the Galaxy they make people believe their life is nothing. Just worthless.
And with FE with North Pole is a center of the world it is harmonic to think that we are just Gods in the nature.

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 10:49:19 AM »
The usual FE excuse is Money and that NASA scientists are embezzling or are paid off.  But I have met some NASA scientists and, believe me, they're not that rich, nor that dishonest.  There's not enough money in the world to pay off all the scientists and astronomers, especially when we consider all the countries and all the centuries involved.

If money is the motive, even more money would be generated if the truth were revealed that the Earth was flat .... entirely new science and engineering and industry would begin to explore the world over The Edge or beyond the The Barrier or whatever, or, if necessary, to drill through The Dome to get beyond, to find whatever resources and life forms exists beyond the known limits.  There'd been millions to be made for people of many countries.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 11:22:52 AM »
You say that the world governments don't want people to know the world is flat, but why? All the money pooled together from the governments would have to go straight back out to stop people from knowing the truth. And also, world leaders where normal kids once, and believed that the world is a globe. Do you really think that when they become PM or President some guy comes along and whispers in his/her ear, 'The world is really flat, and were not allowed to let people know, oh, and we need another 2 billion to help hide this fact, even though we are in a massive economy collapse'.  Even if they did, the listener would just laugh in his face. What do they gain from 'hiding' the truth that the world is flat? And what developing country, who needs money to develop, would give money away for a pointless reason?

The general opinion seems to be it is all part of the so--called flat earth "The Round Earth Conspiracy".....which is everyone other than the FES.
Others think it is some form of the NASA and other Space Agencies  paranoia.
In all reality it is just part of all the rest of the FES imagination mind thought. Just make it up or think it up, even if it doesn't make any sense at all.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 11:30:27 AM »

By that does he mean the FES are the only ones who are not "probably just mistaken"  ::) ???
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2016, 01:21:53 AM »
If this outside-of-the-wall place existed, governments would probably make more money by monetizing it; hosting expensive trips there, etcetera. And if the money they "earn" by hiding the "truth" is to cover the NASA budget, then it doesn't really make sense that all countries on Earth are in on it.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 01:35:44 AM »
At this point they have to keep up the conspiracy. What do you think would happen if everyone found out they have been lied to for centuries? Trust in government would fall, banks would topple, anarchy would reign. 
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 02:05:22 AM »
They'd just find a scapegoat to blame it on and move along. No big deal.
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2016, 03:24:15 AM »
The usual FE excuse is Money and that NASA scientists are embezzling or are paid off.  But I have met some NASA scientists and, believe me, they're not that rich, nor that dishonest.  There's not enough money in the world to pay off all the scientists and astronomers, especially when we consider all the countries and all the centuries involved.

If money is the motive, even more money would be generated if the truth were revealed that the Earth was flat .... entirely new science and engineering and industry would begin to explore the world over The Edge or beyond the The Barrier or whatever, or, if necessary, to drill through The Dome to get beyond, to find whatever resources and life forms exists beyond the known limits.  There'd been millions to be made for people of many countries.
Compared to the overall US budget, the NASA share is small bikkies.

The NASA budget is about 0.4% of the total and is buried in the Science budget.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2016, 06:10:33 AM »
At this point they have to keep up the conspiracy. What do you think would happen if everyone found out they have been lied to for centuries? Trust in government would fall, banks would topple, anarchy would reign.
How do you think that everyone felt when Copernicus showed that the earth was not the center of the universe?  Rather than anarchy and chaos, Europe continued to enjoy the Renaissance for another few hundred years.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2016, 06:51:25 AM »
How do you think that everyone felt when Copernicus showed that the earth was not the center of the universe?  Rather than anarchy and chaos, Europe continued to enjoy the Renaissance for another few hundred years.

I think shocking information has a wildly different effect now that worlwide communication has been established.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2016, 11:49:26 PM »
There wasn't any rioting when it was shown, after centuries, that the Donation of Constantine was a fraud (about the 15th century).   I expect the "discovery" of the true configuration would be accompanied by the good news that this discovery opened up a veritable gold rush for exploration, new scientific discoveries, and industries, with enormous economic growth for everyone.

The usual FE excuses are childish -- all scientists are crooked and they all have been bribed, and now a supposed lie that didn't make sense to begin with is being perpetuated because everybody will act crazy and absolutely contrary to precedents.

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2016, 06:01:26 PM »
world leaders where normal kids once

Perhaps, that's the answer. They might be normal then. Now they aren't. 'Cause they're leaders, ya know...

;D
"It is not necessary that hypotheses should be true, or even probable; it is sufficient that they lead to results of calculation which agree with calculation".
Copernicus