The Suspension Theory

• 6 Replies
?

Velaran

The Suspension Theory
« on: November 16, 2009, 12:42:00 AM »
This is the theory that the Earth is indeed flat, but is suspended in a sort of gravitational sphere. This causes it to rotate, but retains it's flat shape and thus offers another theory to add to the pile of possibilities.

I did not come up with this theory, and hold no claim to it's origins. It's wonderful to finally find a group of people that see the truth.

I am sorry for the small substance with my summary, I just wanted a quick "TL:DR" version, per se. If  there is enough interest I will explain this theory in more detail. Be well!

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
Re: The Suspension Theory
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 04:15:32 AM »
Please, I and other Flat Earthers would be delighted to hear your theory in greater detail. We may not agree with your particular theory, but we'd nonetheless love to hear and discuss it!
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Velaran

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 03:30:15 PM »
Well, the Suspension Theory was first theorized by a rather unknown scholar by the name of Oscar Bell. He performed several experiments that proved, with the right amount of force applied, a Flat Earth could exist in a sphere of gravitational energy. The flat plane would rotate as the "Round Earth" is said to. Basically, in earth terms, it would act somewhat like a flat positive magnet in a large sphere of negative magnets.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 06:47:43 PM »
This theory can be discarded because it is incompatible with the observed effect of both a north and south celestial pole. Next.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

Velaran

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 05:07:04 PM »
This theory can be discarded because it is incompatible with the observed effect of both a north and south celestial pole. Next.

So, on a message board meant to discuss Flat Earth, a theory that has already been "disproven" you jump to disprove every theory that doesn't coincide with established science? You mean... Like the Flat Earth theory? We're all open minded here, but obviously you aren't.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 07:25:25 PM »

So, on a message board meant to discuss Flat Earth, a theory that has already been "disproven" you jump to disprove every theory that doesn't coincide with established science? You mean... Like the Flat Earth theory? We're all open minded here, but obviously you aren't.

There are tons of people here who believe in the round earth, why can't we be here? Is there a law against it?

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 04:33:24 AM »

It's not that it doesn't coincide with established science, it's that it doesn't coincide with what anyone can see with their own eyes. That renders it useless and automatically wrong.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.