Random philosophical and religious discussions

• 248 Replies
?

Nord

Random philosophical and religious discussions
« on: November 12, 2009, 05:16:48 PM »
This is tedious. I'm not even an atheist, and I proved the existence of mutations and that they lead to changed phenotypes on page 60.

evolution is not compatible with theism. Especially not christianity. You are seriously confused. I also see your posts on this site supporting homosexuals and you believe skin is a mutation/evolution etc

All your beliefs are against what the bible teaches.

read Lev 18:22-23, Lev 20:13, 1 Cor 6:9...for homosexuality: punishment is death, so why are you supporting it?

then it's odd in the other thread you call me a fanatic. read the scripture. what you are doing is picking and choosing and altering it to fit your own agenda. You are either anti-christian or a fake christian.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
Re: Random philosophical and religious discussions
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 10:44:26 AM »
This is your last warning. You've gotten way too many to begin with. Here is your own little thread that you can spam whatever you want with. Keep religion and philosophy to religion and philosophy.

The next time you bring up homosexuality in a moral context in a scientific debate I am going to take it as a personal attack and give you a few day ban. You've ignored repeated warnings and broken numerous rules.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 10:53:50 AM »
This thread belongs in CN.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 10:55:59 AM »

Saddam, this warning goes to you too now.

If you think this should go in CN do not derail the thread. PM me about it, report it, or make a topic about it elsewhere. I normally wouldn't care but I just warned someone about derailing threads.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 12:44:53 PM »
This is tedious. I'm not even an atheist, and I proved the existence of mutations and that they lead to changed phenotypes on page 60.
what you are doing is picking and choosing and altering it to fit your own agenda.
Now thats religion for ya!!!
Stop all this nonesense and bring on the lapdancers.
I understand Jack1704. It's a Brit thing.

Pete

• I believe that the earth is round
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 12:48:08 PM »

evolution is not compatible with theism. Especially not christianity. You are seriously confused. I also see your posts on this site supporting homosexuals and you believe skin is a mutation/evolution etc

read Lev 18:22-23, Lev 20:13, 1 Cor 6:9...for homosexuality: punishment is death, so why are you supporting it?

then it's odd in the other thread you call me a fanatic. read the scripture. what you are doing is picking and choosing and altering it to fit your own agenda. You are either anti-christian or a fake christian.

Evolution is perfectly compatible with theism according to thousands of theologians, biologists, multiple Popes, and 1.3 billion+ Christians.

And your homophobia must stop. It is completely irrelevant, and since you are posting this on a Sunday, you are breaking the Sabbath. Therefore, Leviticus requires you to go buy an unblemished lamb and sacrifice it, immediately. If you fail to do this, kindly stop ranting on about the Leviticus laws.

?

Mykael

• Professor of the Horrible Sciences
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 12:48:43 PM »

Evolution is perfectly compatible with theism according to thousands of theologians, biologists, multiple Popes, and 1.3 billion+ Christians.

And your homophobia must stop. It is completely irrelevant, and since you are posting this on a Sunday, you are breaking the Sabbath. Therefore, Leviticus requires you to go buy an unblemished lamb and sacrifice it, immediately. If you fail to do this, kindly stop ranting on about the Leviticus laws.
Win.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 12:50:29 PM »

Saddam, this warning goes to you too now.

If you think this should go in CN do not derail the thread. PM me about it, report it, or make a topic about it elsewhere. I normally wouldn't care but I just warned someone about derailing threads.

Ouch.  Okay, fair enough.  @Nord, the punishment for working on the Sabbath is also prohibited in the same chapter as homosexuality and punishable by death.  Why doesn't anyone care about that?

Pete

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 01:00:33 PM »

Win.

Thank you.

Nord:

Quote from: Exodus 31:12-17
12And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

13Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

14Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

15Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

16Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

17It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Please go have fun now, or:

Quote from: Leviticus 4:27-35
27 " 'If a member of the community sins unintentionally and does what is forbidden in any of the LORD's commands, he is guilty. 28 When he is made aware of the sin he committed, he must bring as his offering for the sin he committed a female goat without defect. 29 He is to lay his hand on the head of the sin offering and slaughter it at the place of the burnt offering. 30 Then the priest is to take some of the blood with his finger and put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering and pour out the rest of the blood at the base of the altar. 31 He shall remove all the fat, just as the fat is removed from the fellowship offering, and the priest shall burn it on the altar as an aroma pleasing to the LORD. In this way the priest will make atonement for him, and he will be forgiven.

32 " 'If he brings a lamb as his sin offering, he is to bring a female without defect. 33 He is to lay his hand on its head and slaughter it for a sin offering at the place where the burnt offering is slaughtered. 34 Then the priest shall take some of the blood of the sin offering with his finger and put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering and pour out the rest of the blood at the base of the altar. 35 He shall remove all the fat, just as the fat is removed from the lamb of the fellowship offering, and the priest shall burn it on the altar on top of the offerings made to the LORD by fire. In this way the priest will make atonement for him for the sin he has committed, and he will be forgiven.

Now please do this to atone for posting on the Sabbath, or kindly shut up about how Homosexuals deserve to die.

?

Nord

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 01:14:39 PM »

The Sabbath is observed from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. Not Sunday.

I?m not a pagan.

The Sabbath was changed from Friday sunset to Saturday Sunset to a SUNDAY by the Romans.

SUNday...Sol Invictus..worship of the sun (pagan).

Yea...you again massively failed like trying to prove evolution. Also note i'm not american so the time i post is very different.

Pete

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 01:19:38 PM »
Yea...you again massively failed like trying to prove evolution.

That's because you don't understand what Evolution is Nord. I've proved that mutations lead to novel phenotypes to everyone's satisfaction back on page 60 of the other thread. But you have this strange confusion of definitions, so you through out straw men that no one accepts as valid.

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 01:20:16 PM »

I?m not a pagan.

The Sabbath was changed from Friday sunset to Saturday Sunset to a SUNDAY by the Romans.

Yea...you again massively failed like trying to prove evolution. Also note i'm not american so the time i post is very different.

your right...if your chinese then its summer right now right?
"So now we know. Pigs are horses. Girls are boys. War is peace." -Arundhati Roy

Pete

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 01:22:07 PM »
I will repost my entire argument, since from Nord's words it seems he missed seeing it the first time, and can't find it when I merely give him a page number.

Here it is.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 01:33:44 PM by Pete »

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 01:32:21 PM »
This is religion and philospohy, if you want to debate evolution take it BACK to the other thread. It's one or the other for you people, isn't it?

Pete

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 01:36:01 PM »
This is religion and philospohy, if you want to debate evolution take it BACK to the other thread. It's one or the other for you people, isn't it?

We're still waiting for Nord to make his argument I think. And I thought I'd remind Nord that he still hasn't even addressed my argument. I reduced it to a link though.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 01:36:21 PM »

I?m not a pagan.

Am I the only one who read this thinking that today is Saturday, not Sunday?

Pete

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 01:39:22 PM »

I?m not a pagan.

Am I the only one who read this thinking that today is Saturday, not Sunday?

From Nord's public profile:

"Local Time:     November 14, 2009, 01:38:17 PM"

So. He really is lying about it being past sundown where he is. It seems that I was right and he is breaking Sabbath Law.  :P

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 01:39:45 PM »
Am I the only one that realizes this post was pulled out from another thread and posted on a thursday or friday?

Pete

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 01:40:59 PM »
Am I the only one that realizes this post was pulled out from another thread and posted on a thursday or friday?

Oh, right you are. But he still replied to my post today, ironically making him guilty of violating the Biblical law I was incorrectly accusing him of by defending himself against it unnecessarily.

?

Nord

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 01:57:49 PM »

Oh, right you are. But he still replied to my post today, ironically making him guilty of violating the Biblical law I was incorrectly accusing him of by defending himself against it unnecessarily.

I don't get up until 3-4pm. the sun sets at 4 in november. Not sure when i first posted online here today but since i got up at 3-4 and wasn't on my computer until far later, i haven't broken the sabbath. The sabbath is the day of rest and it's not on a sunday, nether is it for a day in the sense of the roman pagan calander. it's observed from frinday sunset to saturday sunset. Of most of that time, people are in bed anyway. this is why is makes perfect logical sense and it is easy to follow. but those that follow the pagan-catholic sabbath on the sunday lol must think they have to not get any sleep for a whole day on the sunday.

I presume you are a catholic-pagan or something similar. Read the scripture for the truth about when sabbath as. Constantine I and the romans changed the sabbath to a sunday for pagan reasons. a simila thing happened with christmas.

Pete

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 02:03:38 PM »

I don't get up until 3-4pm. the sun sets at 4 in november. Not sure when i first posted online here today but since i got up at 3-4 and wasn't on my computer until far later, i haven't broken the sabbath. The sabbath is the day of rest and it's not on a sunday, nether is it for a day in the sense of the roman pagan calander. it's observed from frinday sunset to saturday sunset. Of most of that time, people are in bed anyway. this is why is makes perfect logical sense and it is easy to follow. but those that follow the pagan-catholic sabbath on the sunday lol must think they have to not get any sleep for a whole day on the sunday.

I presume you are a catholic-pagan or something similar. Read the scripture for the truth about when sabbath as. Constantine I and the romans changed the sabbath to a sunday for pagan reasons. a simila thing happened with christmas.

Nord, you profile says you live in the same time zone as me. It is only 2 PM, on Saturday the 14th. It isn't Sunday, it isn't past sun-down. It is the middle of the afternoon for both of us.

Don't you understand, I can SEE what the time is for you on your own profile. "Local Time:     November 14, 2009, 02:02:59 PM
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 02:07:01 PM by Pete »

?

Nord

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 02:10:33 PM »
Current time: 22: 09 pm.

also it seems other users here think you are nasty and rude (and apparently trolling them):

understand frustration with evolution-on your side
? Sent to: Nord on: Today at 04:54:05 AM ?
? You have forwarded or responded to this message. ?      

apparently you are a depressed man who comes here to try and run people down.

Pete

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 02:22:31 PM »
Current time: 22: 09 pm.

And your profile local time still shows "Local Time:     November 14, 2009, 02:15:09 PM"

Curious.

also it seems other users here think you are nasty and rude (and apparently trolling them):

understand frustration with evolution-on your side
? Sent to: Nord on: Today at 04:54:05 AM ?
? You have forwarded or responded to this message. ?   

Babsinva? He stopped posting several weeks back because he kept trying to pass off a 30 year old opinion piece as peer-reviewed research. When we refused to lower the standards for scientific proof, he became somewhat frustrated.

And oddly, I get along quite well with the majority of the community.

apparently you are a depressed man who comes here to try and run people down.

Nice ad hominem.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 03:53:33 PM by Pete »

Pete

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 04:22:27 PM »
We're still waiting for an argument for how Evolution and modern science is incompatible with theism.

?

Nord

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 04:41:59 PM »
We're still waiting for an argument for how Evolution and modern science is incompatible with theism.

There was no death before the fall. The days (Yom) of Genesis 1 are 24 hour literal periods.

If you believe in evolution, you believe in Old Earth meaning a false interpretation of day meaning billions or millions of years.

How can animals live for billions of years?

Evolution is not compatable with the bible.

Pete

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 04:45:45 PM »

There was no death before the fall.

Contradicted by fossils

The days (Yom) of Genesis 1 are 24 hour literal periods.

Contradicted by astrophysics.

If you believe in evolution, you believe in Old Earth meaning a false interpretation of day meaning billions or millions of years.

Of course I do, since we can see stars that are millions of miles away.

How can animals live for billions of years?

Nice straw man. No one ever said they did. The "Death" that entered the world in Genesis was obviously a spiritual, not physical, death.

Evolution is not compatable with the bible.

And your interpretation of the Bible is incompatible with observable reality.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 04:46:33 PM »
How long do you think Adam and Eve were in the garden of Eden?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2009, 06:51:44 PM »

Sorry, the sabbath applies to the evening as well, jewish families had to hire gentile children to turn on their lights as it gets dark on the sabbath back when it was strictly enforced. Also the sabbath was changed to sunday to commemorate Jesus' resurrection not for pagan reasons. I call bullshit on your biblical knowledge as well or you would be citing Jesus defending preaching to the unconverted on the sabbath, saying doing work for god is still keeping the sabbath holy, you could have easily justified this as spreading the word.

tl;dr you need to learn your bible before you do a biblical troll.

?

Nord

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 07:01:21 PM »

Sorry, the sabbath applies to the evening as well, jewish families had to hire gentile children to turn on their lights as it gets dark on the sabbath back when it was strictly enforced. Also the sabbath was changed to sunday to commemorate Jesus' resurrection not for pagan reasons. I call bullshit on your biblical knowledge as well or you would be citing Jesus defending preaching to the unconverted on the sabbath, saying doing work for god is still keeping the sabbath holy, you could have easily justified this as spreading the word.

Actually you just proved you are the troll, considering you missed out the part when i said sabbath begins. Hence your post was based on the fact you didn't read what i wrote. When did i write sabbath didn't cover an evening? I said it didn't cover Saturday evening (which it doesn't) not that it didn't cover any.

Learn to read.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 07:08:55 PM »

Actually you just proved you are the troll, considering you missed out the part when i said sabbath begins. Hence your post was based on the fact you didn't read what i wrote. When did i write sabbath didn't cover an evening? I said it didn't cover Saturday evening (which it doesn't) not that it didn't cover any.

Learn to read.

So the fact that I don't read your giant wall of garbage makes me a troll? Do you know what a troll is or are you again speaking about something you have no idea about?

You're either retarded or a troll, take the troll comment as a compliment.