James's theory on dinosaurs

• 1811 Replies
Re: James's theory on dinosaurs
« Reply #330 on: December 08, 2009, 04:58:14 AM »
Tectonic plates and continental drift is established fact, please don't waste anyone's time arguing otherwise.

You seem to be veering off topic. I understood this to be a discussion on the migratory patterns of dinosaurs.

Tectonic plates and continental drift is precisely what we are discussing here, since the reason for the migrating patterns seen in the fossil record is the availability of migration routes at several different times between all the continents.

The whole reason for James to come up with intelligent dinosaurs was, specifically, to have an alternative to continental drift, and you also said the same.

So, go and find a reason for the migrations of all the flora and fauna seen in the fossil record, during all the 650 million years since the Paleozoic began, and I will listen to you. If you can only argue about a few species carried by some intelligent dinosaurs some 65 or 70 million years ago, your speculation is just not ready for discussion.

Do you not think that your hypothesis is a bit ridiculous? You are intimating that dinosaurs spread across "Pangea". I suppose they never came to a large river or crevasse? How did they cross this obstacles? Did they leap across the Grand Canyon? Did they fight the mighty current of vast rivers? I think not. It seems far more likely that an egg or a nest floated across an ocean than your hypothesis. At least the fossil record supports our claim. Nice try.

Also, do not think your attempt to get me off topic went unnoticed. Now we are discussing flaura and fauna? Nice try. I see your new game is bait and switch.
Actually the point of discussion was not migratory patterns of dinosaurs, but rather the claim that they had the ability to master complex tools, create sailing crafts, calculate loading capacity of said crafts, preserve meat, store water, organize labor, and transport flora and fauna to their new found land.  This is the supposed alternate to continental drift, so I see no bait and switch.

Wildabeest cross rivers on their migration route in Kenya, so for a dinosaur "of superior intellect" to do it shouldn't strike you as being out of the question.  Why would they have to leap across a canyon when they could go around it?  You cry for evidence, yet you provide none to declare why a nest or egg floating across an ocean is more likely in light of storms generating rough seas, the fact that a nest floating on the open sea would attract predators as a life-raft attracts sharks, and the thundering surf it would have to survive to get ashore.

As far as the "back and forth" movement of plates, where is your evidence that they are osculating?  With respect to your comment of looking at a small window, that may be the case, but there is evidence that the extrapolation of movement is valid, as evidenced in the elevation of the Himalayas and the fossil record and rock layering indicate.

http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/dynamic/himalaya.html

The observed similarity between African and South American coastlines was only the trigger for exploration into the theory Thermal Detonator is referring to the lithological between the east coast of SA and the west coast of Africa.
South America-Africa
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

« Reply #331 on: December 08, 2009, 09:39:24 AM »
Actually the point of discussion was not migratory patterns of dinosaurs, but rather the claim that they had the ability to master complex tools, create sailing crafts, calculate loading capacity of said crafts, preserve meat, store water, organize labor, and transport flora and fauna to their new found land.  This is the supposed alternate to continental drift, so I see no bait and switch.

Wildabeest cross rivers on their migration route in Kenya, so for a dinosaur "of superior intellect" to do it shouldn't strike you as being out of the question.  Why would they have to leap across a canyon when they could go around it?  You cry for evidence, yet you provide none to declare why a nest or egg floating across an ocean is more likely in light of storms generating rough seas, the fact that a nest floating on the open sea would attract predators as a life-raft attracts sharks, and the thundering surf it would have to survive to get ashore.

As far as the "back and forth" movement of plates, where is your evidence that they are osculating?  With respect to your comment of looking at a small window, that may be the case, but there is evidence that the extrapolation of movement is valid, as evidenced in the elevation of the Himalayas and the fossil record and rock layering indicate.

http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/dynamic/himalaya.html

The observed similarity between African and South American coastlines was only the trigger for exploration into the theory Thermal Detonator is referring to the lithological between the east coast of SA and the west coast of Africa.
South America-Africa

Thank you for the ultimate Africa video of wildebeests crossing a creek. I was thinking more of raging rivers, mountains, canyons. It seems a little easier for a dinosaur to cross an ocean than these obstacles, wouldn't you agree?

The disproportionate amount of fossilized dinosaur remains in sub-oceanic territory, in part, proves the "clumping theory" was the method of choice used by dinosaurs for transoceanic travel. They would not have to bring food as they would devour their fallen comrades during the voyage. I think this is more logical and supported than your theories of canyon leaping dinosaurs. Nice logic. How would you respond if I stated they would just "go around" the ocean?

"The extrapolation of movement is valid." So if a plane were to disembark, you would look at the first few ascending minutes of the flight and conclude it would be in space in a matter of hours? Your logic is fundamentally flawed. You demand I provide evidence but I think your theory is the one that requires evidence. My theory is a little more plausible than your illusions of moving land masses.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #332 on: December 08, 2009, 09:40:34 AM »

I see your newest tactic is to resort to denigration. On your next post could you insult my personal hygiene? I have tried to be patient with you. My assistant says I should be friendly in my response. 

So... they compared the west coast of Africa and the east coast of South America. For all of your cries for evidence, this is your response? "They" compared the west coast of Africa and the East coast of South America? Wow! Groundbreaking. I am losing my patience with your ignorant ramblings about some guy that found two continents that might tesselate together. Then you baffle me with the news that rocks are consistent. Really? There are consistencies between rocks? There are documented cases of the similarities in rocks in Iceland and Australia. I think this bursts your false hopes of Neverland, or Pangea as you know it.

So there is measured evidence that continents are moving further apart? I have already addressed this. But redundancy seems to be necessary for you to comprehend. Have you ever asked yourself 1) who performs those measurements? 2) what time period the measurements encompass? I have also previously addressed this. If the measurements are accurate then you are seeing a small representation of movement and applying it to eternity. You witness 80 years of data and apply it to the beginning of time. I suspect your knowledge of geology is a bit biased. Wouldn't you agree?

1. The only denigration that could be construed from my post is "you know next to nothing about geology". That is not an insult, merely a statement of truth. If you wish to dispute it, please present a summary of all you know about geology.
2. How can you be "losing patience with my ignorant ramblings" when this is my only response to you in this thread?
3. You want to know who performs these tests and measurements? Geologists. Again, proof you know next to nothing about geology, which is the study of the earth's substance and rocks, and is performed by geologists.
4. Look at this picture:

Observe how well South America and Africa fit together - with a little tilt one way or the other the coastlines can slot together almost perfectly. That they don't fit exactly now is down to millions of years of erosion and compression/expansion of the landmasses. You think this is coincidence?
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
« Reply #333 on: December 08, 2009, 09:55:22 AM »
The fact that the Himalayas exist, and are measurably growing by about a centimetre a year, is a nice bit of extra evidence supporting continental drift.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #334 on: December 08, 2009, 10:13:34 AM »
The fact that the Himalayas exist, and are measurably growing by about a centimetre a year, is a nice bit of extra evidence supporting continental drift.

Not to mention the mid-Atlantic rift that runs right through Iceland is measurably growing as well.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
« Reply #335 on: December 08, 2009, 10:32:29 AM »

Not to mention the mid-Atlantic rift that runs right through Iceland is measurably growing as well.
"But did YOU measure it? No? Well that's proof that it isn't growing at all!"

« Reply #336 on: December 08, 2009, 10:35:45 AM »

Thank you for the ultimate Africa video of wildebeests crossing a creek. I was thinking more of raging rivers, mountains, canyons. It seems a little easier for a dinosaur to cross an ocean than these obstacles, wouldn't you agree?
I would not agree that it would be easier for a terrestial animal to cross thousands of miles of open water, than for terrestrial endeavors like crossing a river, following a canyon for a narrowing or a mountain range for reduction in height or finding an available mountain pass.
The disproportionate amount of fossilized dinosaur remains in sub-oceanic territory, in part, proves the "clumping theory" was the method of choice used by dinosaurs for transoceanic travel. They would not have to bring food as they would devour their fallen comrades during the voyage. (Objection! Speculation!) I think this is more logical and supported than your theories of canyon leaping dinosaurs. Nice logic. How would you respond if I stated they would just "go around" the ocean? Since a canyon and a river have narrow/shallow points I would point out how you are drawing a false corollary between my example and yours whereby you provide a term, which by it's bounds does not provide a path around.
Had you been paying attention the claim is that the dinosaurs in question, did in fact bring both food and water, as well as "livestock" (herbiverous livestock), which would need it's own unique food source.

"The extrapolation of movement is valid." So if a plane were to disembark, you would look at the first few ascending minutes of the flight and conclude it would be in space in a matter of hours? Your logic is fundamentally flawed. You demand I provide evidence but I think your theory is the one that requires evidence. My theory is a little more plausible than your illusions of moving land masses.

1)Usually when one does not copy a complete quote and takes it out of context one is to start and/or end said quote with (...) indicating to the reader that the quote is in fact lacking its entirety.
2)The full quote was
As far as the "back and forth" movement of plates, where is your evidence that they are osculating?  With respect to your comment of looking at a small window, that may be the case, but there is evidence that the extrapolation of movement is valid, as evidenced in the elevation of the Himalayas and the fossil record and rock layering indicate.

3)Since we have a good deal of knowledge on the path of flights and the predefined components thereof (take-off, ascent, cruise, descent, landing) there would be no such reason to make any such prediction, again you are drawing a false corollary.  However, if you were to ask if, for a life raft adrift at sea, if it would make sense to chart its course over time based on initial readings of trajectory, and knowledge of the currents directing it, then yes it would be valid.

4)It is not your theory, you are merely parroting the words prior in this post and dreamt by James, while failing to contribute anything substantial to the argument and have in no way provided any supporting data to further the credibility of the author of the idea that is being discussed.  For your distaste for blindly accepting what has been said, you sure are blindly parroting what has been said.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:37:27 AM by Its a Sphere »
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
« Reply #337 on: December 08, 2009, 11:04:11 AM »
The disproportionate amount of fossilized dinosaur remains in sub-oceanic territory, in part, proves the "clumping theory" was the method of choice used by dinosaurs for transoceanic travel.

You just fucked up big time. The reason why there is a "disproportionate amount of fossilized dinosaur remains in sub-oceanic territory" can easily explained by something even you will find hard to deny - it is much, much easier for an organism to fossilize on the sea floor than on land.

Sediment from higher up in the water falls down on the striped carcass, eventually forming a tight pack around the skeleton. As more pressure is applied over thousands of years, the organic material that is left is replaced by inorganic rock. This is what we know of as a fossil.

Out of water, the carcass is open to be completely disintegrated by scavengers and erosion. Also, sediments don't fall from above to encase it.

Of course fossils can also occur in tar pits and frozen in glaciers, but not very many at all due to how perfect the conditions must be.

« Reply #338 on: December 08, 2009, 11:29:11 AM »

I see your newest tactic is to resort to denigration. On your next post could you insult my personal hygiene? I have tried to be patient with you. My assistant says I should be friendly in my response. 

So... they compared the west coast of Africa and the east coast of South America. For all of your cries for evidence, this is your response? "They" compared the west coast of Africa and the East coast of South America? Wow! Groundbreaking. I am losing my patience with your ignorant ramblings about some guy that found two continents that might tesselate together. Then you baffle me with the news that rocks are consistent. Really? There are consistencies between rocks? There are documented cases of the similarities in rocks in Iceland and Australia. I think this bursts your false hopes of Neverland, or Pangea as you know it.

So there is measured evidence that continents are moving further apart? I have already addressed this. But redundancy seems to be necessary for you to comprehend. Have you ever asked yourself 1) who performs those measurements? 2) what time period the measurements encompass? I have also previously addressed this. If the measurements are accurate then you are seeing a small representation of movement and applying it to eternity. You witness 80 years of data and apply it to the beginning of time. I suspect your knowledge of geology is a bit biased. Wouldn't you agree?

1. The only denigration that could be construed from my post is "you know next to nothing about geology". That is not an insult, merely a statement of truth. If you wish to dispute it, please present a summary of all you know about geology.
2. How can you be "losing patience with my ignorant ramblings" when this is my only response to you in this thread?
3. You want to know who performs these tests and measurements? Geologists. Again, proof you know next to nothing about geology, which is the study of the earth's substance and rocks, and is performed by geologists.
4. Look at this picture:

Observe how well South America and Africa fit together - with a little tilt one way or the other the coastlines can slot together almost perfectly. That they don't fit exactly now is down to millions of years of erosion and compression/expansion of the landmasses. You think this is coincidence?

1. I will let my various publications, accolades and credentials in the professional community speak for my knowledge.
2. My staff tells me that this is an interpretation issue. Try this - I have tried to be patient with the participants in this thread. If my point is not coming across correctly please be patient with my English.
3. I am well aware of the "research" performed by persons in these fields. Some promises to be quite adequate. Instead of blindly following a "theory" I choose a scientific, critical approach. I choose to examine all evidence prior to concluding on something so critical as continental shifting.
4. your "proof" is a picture where South America is obviously tilted and twisted. If I turn it upside down and put large floppy ears on it, it is a bunny rabbit [interpreters note - he is being sarcastic]. If you are allowed to perform continental gymnastics on one area of the world then you are the one living in "Pangea". Are you seriously presenting this obviously bastardized [interpreters note - does not translate well, perhaps manipulated to fit a specific purpose] picture as "proof" of continental drifting? And you question my intelligence? All I can say is WOW!

My point is that your proof consists of the following:
A) a picture that has obviously been manipulated and does not fit in whole, even in that case.
B) extrapolated measurements of a process that has occurred over a time period of less than 100 years and applying it to billions of years.

I ask you, is this scientific? If you think so then I think we will just have to agree to disagree.

« Reply #339 on: December 08, 2009, 11:31:13 AM »

I will not even dignify with a response. Ridiculous.

« Reply #340 on: December 08, 2009, 11:35:12 AM »

Thank you Robert, your post posits an interesting question. I fully rely on independently verifiable data from uninfluenced sources. I am aware that mountains "grow" although I see no correlation between the rising of a mountain and proof that continents dance to other sides of the world and, according to Thermal Detonator, twist and shout [interpreters note - he is referencing the song twist and shout while doing the dance].

« Reply #341 on: December 08, 2009, 11:39:10 AM »
The disproportionate amount of fossilized dinosaur remains in sub-oceanic territory, in part, proves the "clumping theory" was the method of choice used by dinosaurs for transoceanic travel.

You just fucked up big time. The reason why there is a "disproportionate amount of fossilized dinosaur remains in sub-oceanic territory" can easily explained by something even you will find hard to deny - it is much, much easier for an organism to fossilize on the sea floor than on land.

Sediment from higher up in the water falls down on the striped carcass, eventually forming a tight pack around the skeleton. As more pressure is applied over thousands of years, the organic material that is left is replaced by inorganic rock. This is what we know of as a fossil.

Out of water, the carcass is open to be completely disintegrated by scavengers and erosion. Also, sediments don't fall from above to encase it.

Of course fossils can also occur in tar pits and frozen in glaciers, but not very many at all due to how perfect the conditions must be.

Robert, I was beginning to have great respect for you until you resorted to the use of obscenities.

Your position on the preservation of fossils is highly speculative and many contradicting pieces of evidence exists.

« Reply #342 on: December 08, 2009, 11:43:26 AM »
2. My staff tells me that this is an interpretation issue. Try this - I have tried to be patient with the participants in this thread. If my point is not coming across correctly please be patient with my English.

No problem with your English at all.  Out of curiosity, what is your field and what country/area of the world?

« Reply #343 on: December 08, 2009, 11:45:45 AM »

I would not agree that it would be easier for a terrestial animal to cross thousands of miles of open water, than for terrestrial endeavors like crossing a river, following a canyon for a narrowing or a mountain range for reduction in height or finding an available mountain pass.

we may have to agree to disagree on this point then. I think the evidence and logic speak for itself. By the way, it's "terrestrial".

(Objection! Speculation!)

Much unlike the speculation of your "land migration" theory or the theory of "continental drift"? [interpreters note - he is being sarcastic]

Since a canyon and a river have narrow/shallow points I would point out how you are drawing a false corollary between my example and yours whereby you provide a term, which by it's bounds does not provide a path around.
Had you been paying attention the claim is that the dinosaurs in question, did in fact bring both food and water, as well as "livestock" (herbiverous livestock), which would need it's own unique food source.

Redundant - see previous responses.

4)It is not your theory, you are merely parroting the words prior in this post and dreamt by James, while failing to contribute anything substantial to the argument and have in no way provided any supporting data to further the credibility of the author of the idea that is being discussed.  For your distaste for blindly accepting what has been said, you sure are blindly parroting what has been said.[/b]

I assure you that my conclusions are based on facts in evidence. Yours are based on speculative theory. I challenge you to find an area where I have "parroted" James. Yours is a science of consensus. Mine is a science of evaluation of data.

« Reply #344 on: December 08, 2009, 11:50:06 AM »

No problem with your English at all.  Out of curiosity, what is your field and what country/area of the world?

Thank you for the compliment. I have dedicated many years to the study of linguistics. I work in the field of evolutionary studies in an Argentinian city. My family is originally from Deutschland, or Germany as you may call it. We were forced to move here later in the World War II.

« Reply #345 on: December 08, 2009, 11:53:31 AM »

Thank you Robert, your post posits an interesting question. I fully rely on independently verifiable data from uninfluenced sources. I am aware that mountains "grow" although I see no correlation between the rising of a mountain and proof that continents dance to other sides of the world and, according to Thermal Detonator, twist and shout [interpreters note - he is referencing the song twist and shout while doing the dance].

Ever heard of the word sarcasm, Robert was pointing out how that's what allot of flat earth believers respond to facts like that in a sarcastic manor.
It is well established that the Himalayas grow.

Now I shall enlighten you as to why moving continents are related to rising mountains.

By looking at where earthquakes appear most frequently on a map you can see they form distinct lines, these are the boundaries of tectonic plates and earthquakes are caused by the friction and movement between them, mountains at boundaries are where the rock crushes together and forces upwards due to the pressure. By studying the movement of continents with lasers ect we can work out at which boundaries continents are moving towards each other and which apart, this correlates with mountain patterns, where continents move together there is always large mountain chains formed.

« Reply #346 on: December 08, 2009, 12:08:25 PM »
Ever heard of the word sarcasm, Robert was pointing out how that's what allot of flat earth believers respond to facts like that in a sarcastic manor.
It is well established that the Himalayas grow.

Now I shall enlighten you as to why moving continents are related to rising mountains.

By looking at where earthquakes appear most frequently on a map you can see they form distinct lines, these are the boundaries of tectonic plates and earthquakes are caused by the friction and movement between them, mountains at boundaries are where the rock crushes together and forces upwards due to the pressure. By studying the movement of continents with lasers ect we can work out at which boundaries continents are moving towards each other and which apart, this correlates with mountain patterns, where continents move together there is always large mountain chains formed.

Now that I know you speak for Robert I will consider this in the future. It amuses me that you think you are enlightening me. I have already been through this discussion. It is your interpretation of the data that is at fault. Consensus does not equal fact. Just ask Albert Gore. I am aware of your perceived correlation between rising mountains and continental shifting. Just because the earth is flat does not defeat gases, magma, etc. from rising through areas of least resistance. I have already commented on the fallacy of measuring continental settling over a period of less than 100 years and extrapolating it to a time period exceeding 3 billion years. Please read my previous posts before regurgitating your arguments of consensus.

« Reply #347 on: December 08, 2009, 12:11:27 PM »
The problem is that is is scientifically accepted fact that the moving continents cause mountain chains, ask any top scientist and they will agree and no they are not being paid off by the government to keep it a secret.

« Reply #348 on: December 08, 2009, 12:20:48 PM »

we may have to agree to disagree on this point then. I think the evidence and logic speak for itself. By the way, it's "terrestrial".

(Objection! Speculation!)

Much unlike the speculation of your "land migration" theory or the theory of "continental drift"? [interpreters note - he is being sarcastic]

Since a canyon and a river have narrow/shallow points I would point out how you are drawing a false corollary between my example and yours whereby you provide a term, which by it's bounds does not provide a path around.

Redundant - see previous responses.

4)It is not your theory, you are merely parroting the words prior in this post and dreamt by James, while failing to contribute anything substantial to the argument and have in no way provided any supporting data to further the credibility of the author of the idea that is being discussed.  For your distaste for blindly accepting what has been said, you sure are blindly parroting what has been said.[/b]

I assure you that my conclusions are based on facts in evidence. Yours are based on speculative theory. I challenge you to find an area where I have "parroted" James. Yours is a science of consensus. Mine is a science of evaluation of data.

Ooof, a little better on the quote dissection please.
Yes, I am aware that it is "terrestrial". It's called a typo

1) The objection, speculation was in reference to your baseless speculation on the dinosaurs "devouring their fallen comrades", whilst your attempt at the same is to discredit a theory which has supporting evidence.  I sincerely hope you are not trying to equate the two.

2) I don't understand your comment of "redundant-see previous responses".  What exactly is redundant about my objection?  There is clearly no evidence to prove a mercantile, ship-building, high seas sailing, farmer society of dinosaurs.

...It seems far more likely that an egg or a nest floated across an ocean than your hypothesis. At least the fossil record supports our claim. Nice try...  

is a combination of James, Wilmore and John Davis.

« Reply #349 on: December 08, 2009, 12:21:05 PM »
The problem is that is is scientifically accepted fact that the moving continents cause mountain chains, ask any top scientist and they will agree and no they are not being paid off by the government to keep it a secret.

I find it amusing that you insistently state these "top scientists" are not being paid off by the government. Check all of my posts, I have never made such an assertion. Is there something you need to tell us? Why would you suggest this?

In the 1400's it was a scientifically accepted fact that the Earth was flat. Top scientists of the day agreed.

By your logic consensus = conclusive evidence.

« Reply #350 on: December 08, 2009, 12:28:32 PM »
The top scientists of 1400 agreed, fair enough today's top scientists proved them wrong, fair enough but the evidence of today is far more reliable using modern technology, future scientists may prove today's wrong but they wont say the earth is flat as that's already been proven wrong, and they wont disagree with tectonic plates as we have phsicaly seen the movements of tectonic plates, take the example of the boxing day tsunami they went underwater and found where the plates had jolted.

« Reply #351 on: December 08, 2009, 12:42:31 PM »
future scientists may prove today's wrong

I think we finally agree on something.

I also think it arrogant to state we have dis-proven top scientists of the 1400's. Perhaps it is they who have found the truth. Until there is unbiased, independently verifiable evidence it is a theory. You probably also believe in a "magical" force that causes us all to be pulled towards the core of the Earth. Now who is naive?

they wont disagree with tectonic plates as we have phsicaly seen the movements of tectonic plates

I find it very arrogant to think they would agree with your consensus.

Also, it is "physically".

Finally, you have physically seen the movements of tectonic plates? This is groundbreaking. Surely you recorded an event this important. This could change my outlook on the entire matter. I have never heard of any such discovery. Would you please post the video? I would be [interpreters note - very excited (does not translate well)] to see this video. Please post your video and Thank You very much. This is ground breaking. Thank you.

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
« Reply #352 on: December 08, 2009, 12:50:41 PM »
I apologise for introducing "Tim Priest" the forums, I'll try to educate him more about your theories before he posts again.

« Reply #353 on: December 08, 2009, 12:51:31 PM »
http://media.photobucket.com/image/moved%20tectonic%20plates%20underwater%20boxing%20day/anandtech/sonar-photo-sea-bed.jpg

hope that's enough with a little light googleing much more evidence can be found.

Gravity is no magical force it has been explained very well, please don't try and say it hasn't I study Physics the FE's believe in Einsteins E=MC^2, energy and mass are interchangeable, energy travels in straight lines yet it poses wave quality's, this is as it distorts space around it in a wave like manor. Mass also poses this property it distorts space around it and other mass mass therefore is drawn towards it, think of it as two balls on a table cloth held up loosely at all 4 corners moving together, except space is in 3D.

Thus since all mass attracts other mass it clumps together in spherical shapes, the earth is simply a clump of mass.

« Reply #354 on: December 08, 2009, 01:02:58 PM »
http://media.photobucket.com/image/moved%20tectonic%20plates%20underwater%20boxing%20day/anandtech/sonar-photo-sea-bed.jpg

hope that's enough with a little light googleing much more evidence can be found.

Gravity is no magical force it has been explained very well, please don't try and say it hasn't I study Physics the FE's believe in Einsteins E=MC^2, energy and mass are interchangeable, energy travels in straight lines yet it poses wave quality's, this is as it distorts space around it in a wave like manor. Mass also poses this property it distorts space around it and other mass mass therefore is drawn towards it, think of it as two balls on a table cloth held up loosely at all 4 corners moving together, except space is in 3D.

Thus since all mass attracts other mass it clumps together in spherical shapes, the earth is simply a clump of mass.

[Interpreters note - He is very unhappy, upset. You should not have lied about the video.]

Forgive me, I understood that you had a video of tectonic plates moving. What you linked to was hardly that. If this is your level of "evidence" then I invite you to leave. I am aware of the theory of plate tectonics and all of its fallacies. You added one more to that list. I will no longer respond to you. You should be ashamed of yourself.

As for gravity, please do not deviate from the thread. Also, look at the evidence on this website which proves "gravity" is, once again, a misinterpretation of your "data". Goodbye to you.

« Reply #355 on: December 08, 2009, 01:09:06 PM »
Unfortunately gravity is another one of those scientifically accepted facts, unless you are planning on calling Einstein, one of the greatest scientists of the 20th century wrong, I believe you are the one that aught to be ashamed.

I don't have a video of plate moving but however it is obvious that's what caused the wave as freak waves don't come from nowhere, there has been activity in that area before and at the time of the disaster there was an earthquake there, coincidence and a magical wave from nowhere? I think not.
The area had been studied before the earthquake and there was no distortion in the ground, after there is several huge cliff faces where the plates moved.

« Reply #356 on: December 08, 2009, 01:26:24 PM »
"I don't have a video of plate moving" current post.

[interpreters note - he will not respond but has instructed me to provide the following]

From your previous post "we have phsicaly seen the movements of tectonic plates"

[interpreters note - he also said you misspelled physically. You have lost all credibility with him. You should not have lied about the video.]

?

Robert64

• Lives on a Round Earth
« Reply #357 on: December 08, 2009, 01:34:33 PM »
"I don't have a video of plate moving" current post.

[interpreters note - he will not respond but has instructed me to provide the following]

From your previous post "we have phsicaly seen the movements of tectonic plates"

[interpreters note - he also said you misspelled physically. You have lost all credibility with him. You should not have lied about the video.]
I understand that he may not have worded his argument perfectly, but he never said there was a video.

I also understand that we cannot prove to you that tectonic plates move unless we somehow strap you to a chair at a fault line with a couple of markers either side and some sort of way to show their distance, and leave you there for a year until you can see the difference (probably around 1-5 cm). I know you would probably never agree to this  ;D

So no, we can't prove it to you, with your irrationally high standards of evidence which seem to be "It does not happen if I don't see it directly before me".

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #358 on: December 08, 2009, 02:20:23 PM »

1. I will let my various publications, accolades and credentials in the professional community speak for my knowledge.

None of which you list here. Following your logic and those of the zetetics, if I can't see them, they don't exist. Next:

4. your "proof" is a picture where South America is obviously tilted and twisted. If I turn it upside down and put large floppy ears on it, it is a bunny rabbit [interpreters note - he is being sarcastic]. If you are allowed to perform continental gymnastics on one area of the world then you are the one living in "Pangea". Are you seriously presenting this obviously bastardized [interpreters note - does not translate well, perhaps manipulated to fit a specific purpose] picture as "proof" of continental drifting? And you question my intelligence? All I can say is WOW!

Well yes, of course it's tilted and twisted - that's continental drift - it moves continents. They all shift about. How am I supposed to show you an approximation of what the continents would have looked like before drifting without manipulating the picture? I never questioned your intelligence before, merely your absence of geology knowledge, but if you can't see why I had to manipulate a picture to make that image, you are lacking in intelligence. I notice you don't refute the astonishingly close fit of the coastlines.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #359 on: December 08, 2009, 02:21:24 PM »

So no, we can't prove it to you, with your irrationally high standards of evidence which seem to be "It does not happen if I don't see it directly before me".

That is, after all, the true zetetic way  ;)