James's theory on dinosaurs

• 1811 Replies
?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
Re: James's theory on dinosaurs
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2009, 11:54:53 AM »
I  think your 1/100 success rate might be pessimistic, but again this is all speculation. Before applying your numbers, we should try to establish good climate models of the migration periods.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2009, 12:05:46 PM »
How would the dinosaurs communicate and work together? ???

There is already evidence the Theropods were pack hunters.  This would require coordination and some form of communication.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2009, 12:09:27 PM »
I  think your 1/100 success rate might be pessimistic, but again this is all speculation. Before applying your numbers, we should try to establish good climate models of the migration periods.

Well considering the size of the boats it might be horribly optimistic, we'd have to figure the distance between continents at the time, but the ice caps certainly would be smaller meaning larger oceans.

Also, you'd have to factor in how they'd bring the food and water for month long voyages, and what this sort of stored diet would do to them nutritionally. Basically what kind of scurvy do dinosaurs get.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2009, 12:12:09 PM »
Also, you'd have to factor in how they'd bring the food and water for month long voyages, and what this sort of stored diet would do to them nutritionally. Basically what kind of scurvy do dinosaurs get.

How would dinosaurs even have the intelligence and foresight necessary to plan something like that?

EnigmaZV

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2009, 12:51:04 PM »

Well considering the size of the boats it might be horribly optimistic, we'd have to figure the distance between continents at the time, but the ice caps certainly would be smaller meaning larger oceans.

Dinosaurs might not get any kind of scurvy, humans and guinea pigs are the only animals (that we know of) that are incapable of synthesizing their own vitamin C.
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2009, 01:03:03 PM »
Simply speculating,

This topic isn't about coracles. It's about seafaring dinosaurs building boats (with livestock on board no less) to spread their great civilisation across the world.

See here for details:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=34168.msg838217#msg838217

Is this something you subscribe to?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2009, 01:04:30 PM »

Dinosaurs might not get any kind of scurvy, humans and guinea pigs are the only animals (that we know of) that are incapable of synthesizing their own vitamin C.

Wow, I wasn't using scurvy as an example of a disease sailors get due to malnutrition, I totally meant that dinosaurs have the same vitamin c deficiency reaction as humans. Thank you for jerking off on your fun fact of the day.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2009, 09:13:01 AM »

This topic isn't about coracles. It's about seafaring dinosaurs building boats (with livestock on board no less) to spread their great civilisation across the world.

See here for details:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=34168.msg838217#msg838217

So it's your contention that coracles aren't boats?  The type, shape, and complexity of the boats used by the migratory/colonizing dinosaurs is at present, I believe,  unknown.

Why semi-weekly affirmations are required I have no idea but yes, I subscribe to Dogplatter's theory.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2009, 09:14:40 AM »
I subscribe to Dogplatter's theory.

Hurrey!

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2009, 09:16:17 AM »
He's not called Dogplatter any more.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2009, 09:21:27 AM »
@ Therm:
How could that be?  I just now called him Dogplatter.

@Crust:
Just as I said earlier in this thread. Why do you require all the repeats?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2009, 09:40:36 AM »
So it's your contention that coracles aren't boats?  The type, shape, and complexity of the boats used by the migratory/colonizing dinosaurs is at present, I believe,  unknown.

Yes, coracles are indeed boats.  However, I don't see how they would be appropriate for any sort of travel outside of the calmest of waters.  I also don't see room for provisions amounting to much more than a picnic lunch.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2009, 09:54:41 AM »

Yes, coracles are indeed boats.  However, I don't see how they would be appropriate for any sort of travel outside of the calmest of waters.  I also don't see room for provisions amounting to much more than a picnic lunch.

Or room for livestock.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2009, 10:13:47 AM »

Perhaps they used a flotilla of coracles/nests.  But as I said before:

The type, shape, and complexity of the boats used by the migratory/colonizing dinosaurs is at present, I believe,  unknown.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2009, 10:16:26 AM »
@ Therm:
How could that be?  I just now called him Dogplatter.

Are you wanting people to call you Robosteve, then?
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2009, 10:19:23 AM »
That not only is totally off topic, it makes no sense.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2009, 11:11:14 AM »
Perhaps they used a flotilla of coracles/nests.  But as I said before:

The type, shape, and complexity of the boats used by the migratory/colonizing dinosaurs is at present, I believe,  unknown.

Which is exactly why there is no reason to believe that any dinosaurs ever used any sort of boat or nest for migration/colonization.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2009, 11:28:16 AM »
I don't find any reasonable doubt that some dinosaurs migrated.  The colonization may have occurred as an evolutionary event of such migrations. If you are disputing any possibility of overseas travel, then, my good friend, we'll just agree to differ.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2009, 01:42:24 PM »
That not only is totally off topic, it makes no sense.

It is pertinent to your assertion that referring to James as Dogplatter makes him so; secondly, since your comment was the sort of semantic nitpicking that the late Parsifal enjoyed so much, that is why I suggested I should call you by his previous name.
If you can't work that out [ad hominem] then you're a bit dim. [/ad hominem]
I can just call you The Rotten Fruit if you like?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2009, 03:19:51 PM »
I don't find any reasonable doubt that some dinosaurs migrated. 
I think that it's perfectly reasonable to believe that dinosaurs migrated.  I just don't believe that it's reasonable to believe that they crossed oceans without some pretty compelling evidence.

If you are disputing any possibility of overseas travel, then, my good friend, we'll just agree to differ.
If you, or dogplatter, or anyone else can provide some evidence that dinosaurs actually did build boats instead of merely speculating as to what kind of boats they might have built, then you might have a Nobel prize in your future.

?

trig

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2009, 03:33:05 PM »
I don't find any reasonable doubt that some dinosaurs migrated.  The colonization may have occurred as an evolutionary event of such migrations. If you are disputing any possibility of overseas travel, then, my good friend, we'll just agree to differ.

What a nice change of words. Now the dinosaurs are migrating (something nobody doubts) and colonizing (also, something nobody doubts). There is no attempt at all to add to the real issue, which is "overseas travel", however.

I have no quarrel at all with anyone who declares him/herself as non-scientist and talks about ufo abductions, Yetis, and, oh yes, dinosaurs using a nest as a boat. If they declare themselves non-scientists, that is.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2009, 03:56:19 PM »
I think that it's perfectly reasonable to believe that dinosaurs migrated.  I just don't believe that it's reasonable to believe that they crossed oceans without some pretty compelling evidence.

Why is it so hard to believe that they crossed the bearing straight like we did?

How would the dinosaurs communicate and work together? ???

The same way beavers do. Working together to build dams of waterways is an instinct.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:03:54 PM by Tom Bishop »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2009, 04:03:41 PM »
I think that it's perfectly reasonable to believe that dinosaurs migrated.  I just don't believe that it's reasonable to believe that they crossed oceans without some pretty compelling evidence.

Why is it so hard to believe that they crossed the bearing straight like we did?

Because the Bering Strait didn't exist when the dinosaurs did.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2009, 04:04:42 PM »

Because the Bering Strait didn't exist when the dinosaurs did.

Not according to the static continent model!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2009, 04:07:19 PM »

The static continent model is wrong, as can be demonstrated by ongoing continental drift.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2009, 04:41:47 AM »
All this talk of coracles and nests is mere pandering to globularist doubts. They will never admit that dinosaurs could have the same intelligence as birds (capable of tool creation!), despite all the evidence supporting it. Every year, more and more research is rejecting the traditional idea of dinosaurs as lumbering, cumbersome giants. Take this story for example:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/nov/11/t-rex-dinosaurs-warm-blooded

So now, instead of being a cold-blooded, ungainly beast, scientists now believe that Tyrannosaurus Rex may have been a nimble, warm-blooded animal! This shows how little modern scientists really know about dinosaurs. I am of the opinion that dinosaurs had a maritime civilisation, and possessed the necessary intelligence to construct large rafts, and perhaps even fully fledged sea faring vessels, similar to the Viking longboat:

"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2009, 04:50:56 AM »
All this talk of coracles and nests is mere pandering to globularist doubts.

Being a globularist has very little to do with dinosaur studies, apart from the firm rebuttals that are required against the warped logic needed to keep flat earth theory propped up.

This topic is simply created for those who subscribe to James' civilised dinosaur theory to present themselves.

Please stay on topic.

This topic isn't about crossing the bearing straight like we did. It's about seafaring dinosaurs building boats (with livestock on board no less) to spread their great civilisation across the world.

See here for details:

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2009, 04:54:14 AM »

The static continent model is wrong, as can be demonstrated by ongoing continental drift.

I haven't seen any drifting continents, have you?

It's actually just a hypothesis from the 1960's. No one actually saw the continents move.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 04:56:45 AM by Tom Bishop »

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2009, 04:57:21 AM »
Please stay on topic.

Are you a moderator? No. So don't pretend to be one. Never mind that you're being totally hypocritical, in saying that this is off topic:

I am of the opinion that dinosaurs had a maritime civilisation, and possessed the necessary intelligence to construct large rafts, and perhaps even fully fledged sea faring vessels, similar to the Viking longboat

and then saying this:

This topic isn't about crossing the bearing straight like we did. It's about seafaring dinosaurs building boats (with livestock on board no less) to spread their great civilisation across the world.

I'd say that's just about as on-topic as one can be. Now quit memberating.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2009, 05:11:21 AM »
Please stay on topic.

Are you a moderator? No. So don't pretend to be one.

I'm not a moderator but I am the thread creator. I am only interested in hearing from those who subscribe to James' civilised dinosaurs theory. You have already made it clear that you do. Thankyou for your participation.

Please don't derail threads by discussing moderating issues. If you wish to discuss it further then take it to Suggestions and Concerns.