James's theory on dinosaurs

• 1811 Replies
Re: James's theory on dinosaurs
« Reply #1710 on: April 22, 2012, 12:35:59 PM »
Life always does find a way. Thank goodness or we'd ALL be in trouble!
A baseless piece of rhetoric! It's most unscientific to conclude simply that past performance predicts future performance.

Maybe true: Since existence of our most distant ancestor, some form of life has found a way to survive until now.
Actually true: life always finds a way!
Again: A baseless piece of rhetoric!  Please do try to add to the debate. How did you determine that Life will find a way in 2109?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1711 on: April 22, 2012, 12:43:56 PM »
Finds and will find are not the same Clocktower!
Life always finds a way!
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
« Reply #1712 on: April 22, 2012, 01:05:32 PM »
Life always finds a way?  So should I assume the sun is populated with living organisms since life always finds a way?
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1713 on: April 22, 2012, 01:13:12 PM »
Life always finds a way?  So should I assume the sun is populated with living organisms since life always finds a way?
No. What life has there on the Sun to find a way?
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #1714 on: April 22, 2012, 01:14:25 PM »
No. What life has there on the Sun to find a way?

So life doesn't always find a way.  Noted.
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1715 on: April 22, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »
Life always finds a way cat. Life just has to be there.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #1716 on: April 22, 2012, 01:28:32 PM »
So if all life were wiped out on earth, through some catastrophe, life wouldn't find a way?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1717 on: April 22, 2012, 01:35:50 PM »
We wouldn't be talking about life at that moment now would we!

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #1718 on: April 22, 2012, 01:40:14 PM »
So life will find a way to exist, unless it stops existing.

Wow.  Thank you for that bit of wisdom.

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #1719 on: April 22, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »
A baseless piece of rhetoric! It's most unscientific to conclude simply that past performance predicts future performance.

Not really. I can scientifically predict that the Ospreys would flatten the Tondu Third team in a game of rugby purely based on past performance.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

« Reply #1720 on: April 22, 2012, 02:54:34 PM »

Not really. I can scientifically predict that the Ospreys would flatten the Tondu Third team in a game of rugby purely based on past performance.
Your definition of "scientifically" needs serious review. What would happen if the Ospreys' bus failed to deliver them to the stadium. What if the match were cancelled? What if a Osprey player was ruled ineligible after the game?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #1721 on: April 22, 2012, 02:58:51 PM »
Then his prediction would be wrong.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1722 on: April 22, 2012, 05:23:24 PM »
Life always finds a way!

Tell that to all of the extinct species.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #1723 on: April 22, 2012, 05:45:07 PM »
Have you guys just never seen Jurassic Park? ???

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1724 on: April 22, 2012, 05:53:34 PM »
Have you guys just never seen Jurassic Park? ???

Yes, and I find it far more plausible James' idea of a seafaring dinosaur civilization.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #1725 on: April 22, 2012, 06:10:33 PM »
Irrelevant.  I'm just pointing out that this "Life always finds a way!" is just a reference to it.  It's not a serious point, it's Ichi having fun with you.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #1726 on: April 22, 2012, 06:13:54 PM »
What a hilarious, fun time we're having here.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1727 on: April 22, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »
Irrelevant.  I'm just pointing out that this "Life always finds a way!" is just a reference to it.  It's not a serious point, it's Ichi having fun with you.

Well, duh.

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #1728 on: April 22, 2012, 09:23:16 PM »
It's only a matter of time until life finds a way.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1729 on: April 22, 2012, 10:18:43 PM »
And it's only a matter of time before life dies out.  Now, how about getting back to something resembling on topic.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1730 on: May 02, 2012, 04:14:41 PM »

Yes, I believe you are starting to get the picture, as the latest scientific research has indeed indicated that the Sun is in fact populated with living organisms.

However, the Sun is not the topic at hand; what I meant by my statement that life finds a way, which seems to have attracted considerable attention, is that the dinosaurs, despite their weak swimming, FOUND A WAY to enjoy the pleasures of the ocean.  This they accomplished with the construction of boats, just as we, the inheritors of their terrestrial legacy, have also found a way to enjoy the pleasures of the ocean, despite our weak swimming.

My statement was really a turn of phrase, I do not hold, say, that all life always finds a way to survive.  For example a dead dinosaur, or a dead person, has not found a way to survive.  The dinosaurs as a whole, however, found a way to survive, when they took to the air and their lives became even easier and presumably more carefree and pleasant than when they were the masters of the ocean.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #1731 on: May 02, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
The sun is populated with living organisms?  Isn't the sun just a spotlight?

mathsman

• one of the lads
« Reply #1732 on: May 03, 2012, 01:38:15 AM »
Yes, I believe you are starting to get the picture, as the latest scientific research has indeed indicated that the Sun is in fact populated with living organisms.

Would you be good enough to point us in the direction of this research?

« Reply #1733 on: May 03, 2012, 03:11:05 AM »

However, the Sun is not the topic at hand; what I meant by my statement that life finds a way, which seems to have attracted considerable attention, is that the dinosaurs, despite their weak swimming, FOUND A WAY to enjoy the pleasures of the ocean.  This they accomplished with the construction of boats, just as we, the inheritors of their terrestrial legacy, have also found a way to enjoy the pleasures of the ocean, despite our weak swimming.

My statement was really a turn of phrase, I do not hold, say, that all life always finds a way to survive.  For example a dead dinosaur, or a dead person, has not found a way to survive.  The dinosaurs as a whole, however, found a way to survive, when they took to the air and their lives became even easier and presumably more carefree and pleasant than when they were the masters of the ocean.

If ever anyone though the FES was serious, this guy has just blown the cover right off.
I can't believe this thread has gone on for 87 pages! Don't you get tired of this joke yet? And now things live on the sun? OH PLEASE.
You're yet another saddo who needs to get a life. Stop trolling and go help at a soup kitchen or something.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1734 on: May 03, 2012, 04:35:19 PM »

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=31831.msg785207#msg785207

Like James, I suggest that any further discussion should centre on the topic at hand.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

mathsman

• one of the lads
« Reply #1735 on: May 04, 2012, 02:54:10 AM »

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=31831.msg785207#msg785207

This isn't scientific research, it's a combination of mythology, daydreaming and downright lies.

« Reply #1736 on: May 04, 2012, 11:15:23 AM »

Like James, I suggest that any further discussion should centre on the topic at hand.

You're not doing justice to FET by endorsing such bizzare ideas.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1737 on: May 05, 2012, 11:01:36 AM »
On-topic please. I won't ask again.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #1738 on: May 05, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »
On-topic please. I won't ask again.

So the topic is colonial dinosaurs? What about them?
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #1739 on: May 05, 2012, 05:07:23 PM »
I wanted to make sure James has seen this article about T. Rex having feathers, in case it helps his research.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/04/dinosaur-feather-fossil-m_n_1403644.html

Considering modern dinosaurs have feathers, as well, it could shed some light on converging the gap between colonial and modern dinosaur attributes.