Quote from the FAQ

• 9 Replies
Quote from the FAQ
« on: August 03, 2006, 02:52:59 AM »
Q: "Why do the all the world Governments say the Earth is round?"

A: It's a conspiracy.

Q: "What about NASA? Don't they have photos to prove that the Earth is round?"

A: NASA are part of the conspiracy too. The photos are faked.

Q: "Why has no-one taken a photo of the Earth that proves it is flat?"

A: The government prevents people from getting close enough to the Ice Wall to take a picture."

Q: "What is the motive behind this conspiracy?"

A: The motive is unknown.

Have you guys ever thought for just a second that maybe the government isn't "out to get you"? If you people think the government is giong to do something like this, at least have some evidence.

Quote from the FAQ
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 02:56:16 AM »
This theory is right up there with dragons and magic I swear to ya. May not be all your fault though, some people are just born dumb.

Re: Quote from the FAQ
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 03:45:59 AM »
Quote from: "duffman656"
Have you guys ever thought for just a second that maybe the government isn't "out to get you"?

Sure. And have you ever thought for just a second that the Earth may not be a sphere? Or do you expect that kind of open-mindedness only from us?

Quote from the FAQ
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 03:53:26 AM »
i'm openminded, i believe in the possibility of aliens but i just think the flat earth thing is completely wrong, i've seen the curve with my own eyes from the top of a mountain in tenerife and in the plane on the way there.
img]http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/Kamikazefish.png[/img]

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 09:00:33 AM »

Have you guys ever thought for just a second that maybe the government isn't "out to get you"? If you people think the government is giong to do something like this, at least have some evidence.

Oh Jesus, do you honestly believe that the government is some selfless, public-serving eagle-scout organization run by and for the people? Even Round Earthers will tell you that many politicians are liars and thieves.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Quote from the FAQ
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »
Quote from: "KamikazeFish"
i'm openminded, i believe in the possibility of aliens but i just think the flat earth thing is completely wrong, i've seen the curve with my own eyes from the top of a mountain in tenerife and in the plane on the way there.

Thats an optical illusion

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 12:54:05 PM »
Quote from: "Copernicus_was_wrong"
Have you guys ever thought for just a second that maybe the government isn't "out to get you"?

Sure. And have you ever thought for just a second that the Earth may not be a sphere? Or do you expect that kind of open-mindedness only from us?

ive done enough work in the space exploration business already to personally prove to myself that the earth is round and the solar system is heliocentric. but of course, i am part of the conspiracy so you shouldnt listen to me.
tf?

Quote from the FAQ
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 01:21:33 PM »
Quote from: "qwerty789"

Thats an optical illusion

how is this illusion created?
i've never heard of an image being bent in such as way, please explain.

Quote from the FAQ
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 01:43:03 PM »

Then you trust your brain too much to not interfere with what your retina senses.  Lookup how a fish eye lens works.  Same thing with your own eye, but to a lesser degree, thus the narrower field of view.  Your brain manages to undo this projection, but apparently screws up in some people giving them the illusion of 'curves' at the edges of thier field of view at great distances.

Did you also know the image on the back of your eye is upside down? Your brain also fixes this.

Quote from the FAQ
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 01:53:08 PM »
Quote from: "qwerty789"

Then you trust your brain too much to not interfere with what your retina senses.  Lookup how a fish eye lens works.  Same thing with your own eye, but to a lesser degree, thus the narrower field of view.  Your brain manages to undo this projection, but apparently screws up in some people giving them the illusion of 'curves' at the edges of thier field of view at great distances.

Did you also know the image on the back of your eye is upside down? Your brain also fixes this.

no i don't trust my eyes that much due to the whole poor eyesight needing contact lenses thing, oh and please dont patronise me and treat me as a child and that i know very little, i know quite a lot for my age.

but the same could be said when you look over a smaller area when it appears to be flat like a field for example, due to only viewing only a miniscule section of the world the angle of the planet is not visible.