Media on space

• 11 Replies
Media on space
« on: August 03, 2006, 12:57:54 PM »
FEers, if you ever play a game which involves space travel, for example Halo as I am playing it right now, does it annoy you that the universe is depicted the RE way or do you not think twice?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Media on space
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 01:02:52 PM »
Quote from: "socialaztec"
FEers, if you ever play a game which involves space travel, for example Halo as I am playing it right now, does it annoy you that the universe is depicted the RE way or do you not think twice?

I'm not a big video game player, but sure, occasionally it ticks me off when the Earth is portrayed as a sphere in a movie or whatever. Most of the time though, the author, animator, playwright or whoever was probably not even aware that the Earth was any other way, so I don't get particularly bitter.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Media on space
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 01:07:55 PM »
It would be different to see a flat earth presented in movie although it probably wouldn't work because the earth would accelerate away from the reference frame of the person on the ship leaving them stranded.

Media on space
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 01:11:16 PM »
It would be different to see a flat earth presented in movie although it probably wouldn't work because the earth would accelerate away from the reference frame of the person on the ship leaving them stranded.

that's one thing i dont think has been mentioned if a space shuttle leaves the planet how can the shuttle return if the earth is still speeding upwards?
img]http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/Kamikazefish.png[/img]

Media on space
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 01:12:03 PM »
Quote from: "KamikazeFish"

that's one thing i dont think has been mentioned if a space shuttle leaves the planet how can the shuttle return if the earth is still speeding upwards?

the space shuttle is a conspiracy, of course!!!
it is just a balsa wood model on a string, according to FEers.
tf?

Media on space
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 01:12:31 PM »
FE belief is that you're right, thats why the space program is a phoney.

Media on space
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 01:16:00 PM »
so what are all these shuttles they make and we see take off and fly off into space, and the astronauts inside don't return for several days and sometimes weeks.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Media on space
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 01:19:37 PM »

Quite simply - it can't. The various bogus space programs of the world are a nice little conspiracy earner - it costs billions of dollars to send stuff into space above the Earth! It "is" possible!
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Media on space
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 01:25:07 PM »
so really the people in the shuttle we see taking off are actually flying to their deaths?
and then a few weeks later we see some astronauts return that we thought were in space but really were in hiding or something?

what about the people that see it return through the atmosphere and the fireball around it created when entering the atmosphere, from the friction etc.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Media on space
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 01:26:38 PM »
so really the people in the shuttle we see taking off are actually flying to their deaths?

No.

and then a few weeks later we see some astronauts return that we thought were in space but really were in hiding or something?

Yes.

Media on space
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 01:28:05 PM »
could you elaborate on your "no" answer please.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Media on space
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 01:32:04 PM »
could you elaborate on your "no" answer please.

They aren't flying to their deaths because they're not flying in the first place. The con shoots dud rockets into the sky - who knows if they retrieve them or blow them up or what - but two things are sure in my mind: they are unmanned and they do not reach outer space (in order to do so they would have to accelerate faster than the UA itself - a tremendous, if not impossible feat).