I'm sending out press releases on Monday. Any suggestions?

• 102 Replies
Re: I'm sending out press releases on Monday. Any suggestions?
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2010, 12:03:55 AM »
I would like to see some progress gents, I feel like this thread is stalling,  I have tried my best to contact my local media outlets, have you?

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2010, 08:10:39 AM »
I would like to see some progress gents, I feel like this thread is stalling,  I have tried my best to contact my local media outlets, have you?

You know, the fact that you only have two posts is kind of a giveaway that you're not exactly "one of the gang" here.

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2010, 06:05:46 PM »

You know, the fact that you only have two posts is kind of a giveaway that you're not exactly "one of the gang" here.

Its true I have only been here for a short while, that doesn't mean I'm trying to parody or make fun of you.  I am legitimately interested in joining this movement because I believe it to be correct after reading through the evidence that has been posted throughout this site.  I truly don't understand your vitriolic attitude towards my postings.

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2010, 11:15:46 PM »
Have you tried calling the SyFy channel? I hear they eat up this crazy shit.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2010, 09:57:33 AM »

No they don't. They only play fiction movies and one or two crappy reality shows.

It is the history channel that loves alternate theories.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »
It would be so awesome to see a documentary about the Flat Earth Society on the History channel.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2010, 04:22:49 PM »

No they don't. They only play fiction movies and one or two crappy reality shows.

Let's not forget about that other old science fiction favourite: professional wrestling.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2010, 09:08:39 PM »
stap bumpin treads
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2010, 11:40:16 AM »

"Did Nostradamus predict the outcome of the Rumble in the Jungle?"
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2010, 03:17:06 AM »

"Did Nostradamus predict the outcome of the Rumble in the Jungle?"

If he gave Don King enough money, then I would imagine anything's possible.

I would like to see some progress gents, I feel like this thread is stalling,

Judging from my experience back in the 1990's, I would not describe the flat earth movement as stalling.

?

clovis2

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2010, 08:08:31 PM »
Hey now that is definately true!By NO MEANS has FES stalled!Now more than  any time I can remember  people are ready and willing to listen to our point of view!Sure there will always be haters who are narrow minded and bigoted but we know how to deal with them.

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2010, 04:05:29 AM »
If anyone has other ideas about how to promote the re-launch of the Society, I'm all ears!

I recommend that any flat earth movement should recognize its indebtedness to the Trinitarian Christian God, and the fact of the flat earth movement's intimate historical connection with Christian philosophy must be acknowledged.  Rowbotham used the Bible a lot, and belief in a flat earth predates him considerably.  I think that should be emphasized more than it has been.  

Belief in a flat earth was so dominant in the early Church that according to Henry Bettenson (the knoweldgeable author of the introduction to the Penguin Classics edition of Augustine's City of God), the influence of Christian philosophy caused flat earth belief to become prevalent in Roman society during the third century after Christ.  In other words, most Romans believed the earth was flat before Constantine I became emperor.  

The flat earth movement was a minority in nineteenth century Britain, but the last time that flat earth belief was actually dominant in society was over a thousand years ago.  The unstoppable dominance of Christian philosophy was a prerequisite for the prevalence of flat earth ideas and cosmography from circa 275 AD to the spread of islam.  The apostasy of Christianity has paralleled the deterioration of flat earth cosmography.  If the influence of flat earth philosophy is to become unstoppable, then it is logical that it must be based upon that early Christian philosophy to which it was initially conformed.

IF God is with us, then who can be against us?

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2010, 04:57:54 AM »

Atheists.
It would be twice as difficult to convince them then, and it's not exactly easy to begin with.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2010, 05:09:31 AM »

Atheists.

The great MOTO has spoken.

PizzaPlanet

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2010, 10:17:26 AM »
Thou art the Master Of The Obvious.

Well, while it is very obvious, it's something to keep in mind.

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2010, 10:37:28 PM »
Quote from: PizzaPlanet
Atheists.

It would be twice as difficult to convince them then, and it's not exactly easy to begin with.

Several atheists have become flat earth believers through this forum which leads me to doubt that their realization of truth is inherently more difficult than that of anyone else.  Concrete facts speak for themselves, and atheists recognize that as much as anybody.  I would imagine that most religious types would be more stuck up and reticent than atheists about recognizing any legitimacy in a flat earth.

Twice as difficult?  Perhaps for a true fanatic of any persuasion, but please do understand clearly that I do not endorse the promotion of some modern day sect.  On the contrary, I believe that a presentation of the historical record of the flat earth movement during the first millenium of the Christian Church will speak for itself, and the dissemination of that knowledge would be very powerful.

Quote from: PizzaPlanet
...it's something to keep in mind.

One's audience should always be kept in mind, and that should never intimidate anyone into ignoring facts which are central to one's heritage.

Quote from: 17 November
I recommend that ... the fact of the flat earth movement's intimate historical connection with Christian philosophy must be acknowledged.

The rising influence of the Christian Church and its philosophy were prerequisite for the prevalence of flat earth belief in society generally which did in fact prevail from the late third century until at least the spread of islam in the east and frankish philosophy in the west.  The apostasy of Christianity paralleled the deterioration of flat earth cosmography.  Historians of the past 150 years have tried to hide and minimize the far flung influence of flat earth Christian writers like Cosmas Indicopleustes and Aethicus of Istria, but the older history books confirm it.  Such so-called historians write in the same spirit of error which mocks the modern flat earth movement.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2010, 06:02:02 AM »
While I understand your point, and partially agree with it, I believe it could retract many atheists, or believers of other faiths. They might just skim through some information briefly, see the words "Christian Church", and just assume it's another purely faith-based site. I'm not saying we should forget about history, but being too persistent with presenting it could be harmful to the cause at this stage.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2010, 06:06:56 AM »
I'm sorry, but what does any of this have to do with Daniel sending out press releases?  Please stay on topic if at all possible.  This is not a debate thread.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2010, 02:49:08 PM »
I'm sorry, but what does any of this have to do with Daniel sending out press releases?  Please stay on topic if at all possible.  This is not a debate thread.
You are not a moderator, do not memberate. This is your only warning.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2010, 03:00:33 PM »
Neither are you.  Now shut up, Kingman.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

PizzaPlanet

« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2010, 04:36:27 PM »
If you read 17 November's post, you would know that he was actually responding to the OP. I was responding to his ideas. This is not off-topic. Now, please stop trying to derail this thread with your off-topic accusations.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:40:29 PM by PizzaPlanet »

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2010, 05:47:42 PM »
Neither are you.  Now shut up, Kingman.
Flaming a mod. Enjoy your ban.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2010, 07:47:57 PM »
Shut up, Kingman.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2010, 08:26:21 PM »
Shut up, Kingman.
I have reported you to Daniel. Prepare to be demodded and banned for three decades.

?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2010, 08:26:39 PM »
If you read 17 November's post, you would know that he was actually responding to the OP. I was responding to his ideas. This is not off-topic.

This is correct.

While I understand your point, and partially agree with it, I believe it could retract many atheists, or believers of other faiths. They might just skim through some information briefly, see the words "Christian Church", and just assume it's another purely faith-based site. I'm not saying we should forget about history, but being too persistent with presenting it could be harmful to the cause at this stage.

This is reasonable and should indeed be kept in mind with reguard to publicity.  The way a fact is presented does have its place.  Perhaps the focus of pre-Rowbotham flat earthism could be two-fold:

1)  The documentable fact that some kind of flat earth model constitutes the most ancient cosmography of every nationality (such as the ancient Israelite belief in the earth set upon literal pillars, the Egyptian belief in a flat earth atop hell surrounded by the river Styx guarded by the three headed dog Cerberus, the belief of many Pacific island natives that the domed heaven is upheld by mountains.  This fact of extremely ancient non-Christian cosmography will be significant to atheists and non-Christians generally - especially the fact that all this stuff has been tediously documented by knowledgeable agnostic scholars such as Andrew Waite. 
http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/andrew_white/Andrew_White.html

2)  The presentation of the flat earth movement after the time of the very famous pagan globularist astronomer Claudius Ptolemy (second century A.D.) should focus exclusively on the flat earth movement itself rather than the Church and let the facts speak for themselves.  The few pagans after Ptolemy who did continue to hold to flat earthism such as Plutarch should of course be mentioned as well as the fact that Christianity became a stronghold for the flat earth movement during those times.

?

functi0n

« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2010, 09:46:38 PM »
If you want i could post something about this on my website? not gona post url incase i get banned or sumthing for advertisment lol

« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2010, 05:47:58 PM »
You could try The Globe, or perhaps The National Enquirer. They'd probably like to take your story.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

PizzaPlanet