Google Mars proves RE (sounds strange, but it's true)

• 33 Replies
« on: July 16, 2006, 10:52:31 PM »
Google Mars is absolute evidence not only that celestial bodies are spheres, but also that there are satelites in space. If there are satelites in space, then the pictures of the round earth are real as well. Here's the link if you don't believe me: Google Mars. This should once and for all put to rest anything about fakes, because you can't fake satelite images. They're just to realistic to do that. So, anyone want to argue against this? Welcome to, but I doubt that it will convince me.
 am a round-earther traversing this site to disprove false claims and bring the light of science to those who remain in the dark without it. Thank you for your time.

Re: Google Mars proves RE (sounds strange, but it's true)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 10:57:21 PM »
Quote from: "Aralith"
Google Mars is absolute evidence not only that celestial bodies are spheres, but also that there are satelites in space. If there are satelites in space, then the pictures of the round earth are real as well. Here's the link if you don't believe me: Google Mars. This should once and for all put to rest anything about fakes, because you can't fake satelite images. They're just to realistic to do that. So, anyone want to argue against this? Welcome to, but I doubt that it will convince me.

Just because satellites may exist do not specifically mean that the pictures are valid.

You'd be surprised; we were.  We actually found that a few Earth pictures ("satellite") were faked.  Some actually had an overlay of fake stars to make them look "realistic", but it backfired when you realized that it was an overlay; a few pictures had the exact same position of stars though the vantage point of the planet was completely different.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 11:00:45 PM »
Maybe so, but these pictures are much more detailed than just pictures of a planet with some stars on the background. These images show features on the surface of the planet. Plus, how could they possibly make the photos blend together, where the "two ends" of the planet meet, that perfectly. It's just not possible. Either way, just because some photos are faked most certainly does not mean all of them. And, can I ask for links to some of these photos and sites proving why they're fake? Thanks.
 am a round-earther traversing this site to disprove false claims and bring the light of science to those who remain in the dark without it. Thank you for your time.

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 11:03:37 PM »
I have to admit, from either side of the coin, this is pretty amazing.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 12:16:50 AM »
So, what makes you think that satellite images of Mars can't be faked?  What is this "too realistic" metric that you seem to be using?  How do you measure how realistic an image is?

It sounds to me like "realism" is far too subjective to be a quality on which we can judge genuinity of photographs, especially considering the capabilities of CGI.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 12:22:45 AM »
Take a look at the photos. They look just like photos of the earth (click on one of the other buttons in the upper right corner if it looks like it's strangely colored) except their of Mars and their black and white. 'Tis the only difference. But they are of the same quality as the Google Earth photos, which are most definitely real. You can zoom in on Mars, just as you can on earth, and see more detail. No CGI created by man could mimic these photos (unless you're going to claim conspiracy and say that the government is hiding a bunch of technology from us), and like I said before, those "ends" are perfectly blended. Think about it. It's because they had overlapping photos of the same piece of land, and just cut that part off and "blended" the two ends together to create a seamless sphere. This is actually done to both sides, and up and down. The photos are seamless in every way, shape, and form. These are not fakes.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 12:24:07 AM »
No CGI created by man could mimic these photos

I really see no reason at all to believe this.  You certainly don't provide one.

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 12:50:09 AM »
This picture was of a hotel building built in Thailand in 2005, was made using some of the most advanced 3-D graphics rendering equipment available.

Though it's pretty realistic, there are still some flaws with this. The clouds for one thing are awfully flat and smeared across the sky. No building is this perfectly smooth. One of the greatest problems with rendering with this kind of softwares is just this. It looks too smooth, of course a lot of this can be attributed to the way light is rendered in such programs. In almost all 3-D graphics programs, the light is either too crisp or too soft. Rarely can light be rendered perfectly the one would like it. In this one, the light appears to be too crisp in one spot, and that's on the building. Everywhere else, the light is much softer, but on the building it is far too harsh. I'm sure there are several other flaws which I cannot find with my human eyes, but I haven't found a single one in those satelite pictures of Mars.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 10:02:45 AM »
This picture was of a hotel building built in Thailand in 2005, was made using some of the most advanced 3-D graphics rendering equipment available.

Maybe this is made using the most advanced software available -- I've seen some pretty good stuff in academic talks.

Though it's pretty realistic, there are still some flaws with this.

Maybe the software that's available to produce terrain is superior to the software that's available to produce buildings with some nominal but really unimportant terrain around them.

Also, as far as I can tell, Google Mars is strictly 2-D.

Lastly, it's possible that Google Mars is made from actual photographs of Mars, taken using high-powered telescopes.

A big problem is that it's much harder to find flaws in images of alien things than in images of things with which you're familiar.

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 10:22:30 AM »

That's an image of a map from the game US Navy Seals. It doesn't look very real now, but it it's put into black and white, zoomed out, and givin some film grain/blurring, and some other modifications, it could look very real...
img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/381/samuraichamplooie0.jpg[/img]
In Soviet Russia, Penguin makes You!

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 10:42:08 AM »
Quote from: "General Dallows"
That's an image of a map from the game US Navy Seals. It doesn't look very real now, but it it's put into black and white, zoomed out, and givin some film grain/blurring, and some other modifications, it could look very real...

It's not bad.  You'd probably want to use textures that don't repeat quite so frequently.

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 10:43:53 AM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
Lastly, it's possible that Google Mars is made from actual photographs of Mars, taken using high-powered telescopes.

Well, even if this were true, it still proves that Mars is a sphere, because as I said, you can just keep moving to the left until the same terrain can be seen again, and there isn't any kind of seam. It's a flawless blend, because Mars is indeed a sphere.

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 10:58:22 AM »

Take on orange, and cut off the peel so it resembles the above picture...

The orange peel can still be folded to make a sphere. They coud have used a flat grid shaped like the picture, and generated the terrain onto that, taking caution to make the sides that meet fit together. After this, they simple fold the image properly, and it's done.
img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/381/samuraichamplooie0.jpg[/img]
In Soviet Russia, Penguin makes You!

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 11:33:35 AM »
Yep.  It's totally possible, when generating terrain by computer, to require that there be no "seam" when you bring the edges together.  It's pretty basic computer graphics.

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 12:08:15 PM »
Quote from: "General Dallows"

Those graphics are on par witht he game WarCraft III, a game released four years ago. It is easy to tell that is fake, no matter what effects you add to it. However, looking in high detail at a building you've been to (Google Earth) or even blurry detail of your own home and car, you can tell that is not fake.

If you look through a good enough telescope, you can see Mars is round for yourself.

Aralith, once again you have put up a solid arguement. Good job.

What do you make of rocks brought back from Mars? I'm not saying that is irrefutable evidence to prove machines have been there, but it's something to think about.

NASA claims to have found a rock probably made of fossilized bacteria. This is old news, but very, very interesting...

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006, 12:47:32 PM »
Quote from: "Ubuntu"
What do you make of rocks brought back from Mars?

They are quite obviously, as you say, rocks.  If you are impressed by them, I have some ice from the seas of Europa you might be interested in.

NASA claims to have found a rock probably made of fossilized bacteria. This is old news, but very, very interesting...

I claim that my ice from Europa also has traces of bacteria in it.

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 12:53:44 PM »
computer graphics can be great, but if you look at some of the most realistic paintings, by really talented painters, they can even portray people (exremely hard) so well it looks like photographs...
ill a cloned baby grown in a laboratory have a belly button?

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2006, 01:07:19 PM »
What do you make of rocks brought back from Mars?

They are quite obviously, as you say, rocks.  If you are impressed by them, I have some ice from the seas of Europa you might be interested in.

I claim that my ice from Europa also has traces of bacteria in it.

Let's see you prove that the rocks brought back from Mars could have been rocks from Earth.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2006, 01:20:51 PM »

Let's see you prove that the rocks brought back from Mars could have been rocks from Earth.

Do you have said rocks?  No.  You have the claim that NASA makes, and you take it as truth, if we were to do the same, this discussion would have ended with photographs.  Mere claims don't suffice, I'm afraid.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 01:29:18 PM »

You want me to prove that they "could" be?  What exactly do you mean by this?  Surely they could be rocks that some NASA guy just picked up off the ground and passed off as being from Mars.

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 01:50:19 PM »
I am not putting this forward as proof, but look at this video of my Mars globe: http://revver.com/video/38085.

A video of an orbiter's images of Mars taken from a HiRISE camera:
http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/mro/gallery/video/movies/MRO_HiRise_Color_FirstLight.mov

Pendulums: Fine, the earth is rotating.

Erasmus, do you agree with this statement by 6strings?

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 01:51:49 PM »
Pendulums: Fine, the earth is rotating.

Erasmus, do you agree with this statement by 6strings?

Do I agree?  Wow, I am so rarely asked that question.  Yes, of course I agree.

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 01:53:24 PM »

You want me to prove that they "could" be?  What exactly do you mean by this?  Surely they could be rocks that some NASA guy just picked up off the ground and passed off as being from Mars.

"Surely?" Prove that the rocks from Mars are made up of the same material as Earth rocks.

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2006, 01:55:18 PM »
So now the earth is rotating? I can't figure you FE's theories out at all, because they're so different from each other. It's like trying to figure which sect of a religion is which. Guess what. All RE's believe the earth is round for the same reasons, and have adequate explanations for every single piece of evidence. FE's have a mulititude of theories, some that might be plausible if they could prove a global conspiracy (which so far you haven't) and some of them are just laughable because they're based on faulty principles, fallacies, and incorrect conclusions. I thought I'd at least learned that FE's don't think the earth is rotating, but I guess I was wrong.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2006, 01:57:31 PM »
Well, the free-hanging pendulums indicate that the earth is rotating; who are we to deny the evidence?  I see no reason why it can't be rotating.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2006, 01:58:34 PM »
"Surely?" Prove that the rocks from Mars are made up of the same material as Earth rocks.

You just asked me to prove that they could be, not what they are.  I'm not making any assumptions about what they actually are aside from what I've seen of them -- which is that they look like rocks.

Btw, unless you think that rocks on Mars are made of something either than iron, silicon, calcium, carbon, or any of the other elements that commonly make up rocks on Earth, that's a pretty silly demand.

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2006, 02:00:03 PM »
Okay. It's just one more degree of intricacy has been added to the already intricate beliefs of this society. I'm really having a problem figuring out who believes what, because it's very confusing. This is worse than going to a Christian organization, and then realizing that not every sect does baptisms. God, I am confused by you people. But, whatever floats your boat. Okay, so the earth is rotating, even according to FE theory, got it.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2006, 02:04:47 PM »
Okay. It's just one more degree of intricacy has been added to the already intricate beliefs of this society. I'm really having a problem figuring out who believes what, because it's very confusing. This is worse than going to a Christian organization, and then realizing that not every sect does baptisms. God, I am confused by you people. But, whatever floats your boat. Okay, so the earth is rotating, even according to FE theory, got it.

As I quite explicitly pointed out, Ubuntu asked about my beliefs, not the FES's beliefs.

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2006, 02:07:16 PM »
Quote from: "6strings"
...who are we to deny the evidence?

Hah! You've been denying evidence since the beginning of this forum! In fact, the only reason you think there is a conspiracy is because you think the Earth is flat and the scientific scientific community thinks it is flat and the scientists and astrologists have evidence (photos, videos, Ancient proofs, human vision) and you don't! This dates back to the original Flat Earth Society...

With the advent of the space program, the Society found itself confronted with pictures of Earth made by orbiting satellites and, eventually, by astronauts who had landed on the moon. When confronted with the first NASA photographs of earth from deep space, Shenton reportedly remarked: "It's easy to see how a photograph like that could fool the untrained eye." The society took the position that the Apollo Moon landings were a hoax, staged by Hollywood and based on a script by Arthur C. Clarke.

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2006, 03:56:43 PM »
Well 6strings and Erasmus, this puts me in quite the wierd position, ive recently been trying to go more of a pro-FE stance, but.....

The whole origional point of the freehaning pendulum was to show the Coriolis (or how ever you spell it) force.  Now, the important part about that force is not that it exists, but that it is the opposite on the other side of the equator, as in the pendulum spins in the other direction.  How could this happen on a spinning, flat earth
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli