is there an edge on this so called flat earth

• 20 Replies
is there an edge on this so called flat earth
« on: October 30, 2009, 10:06:36 AM »
it has recently dawned on me that i have never seen a picture of the earths edge and i would like to know if this flat earth has an edge

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: is there an edge on this so called flat earth
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 11:00:55 AM »
No, it does not.  Some others believe it does, however.

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 01:44:48 PM »

SO it's round then.. Or else that makes no sense.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 01:57:08 PM »
Since no one has been to the edge and returned, we do not know whether it exists, or the Earth is just an infinite plain.
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 02:01:54 PM »

SO it's round then.. Or else that makes no sense.
It is an infinite plane.

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 06:22:24 AM »
does this theory prove all of the picture of earth from space as false

my personal beleif is that the earth is round

?

Fred

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 07:23:04 AM »
Doesn't it trouble you that flat-earthers cannot agree? Some say there's an ice wall, which is just plain dumb, and others say it's an infinite plane, which is just plain dumber.

Here are the facts, folks: Every physical aspect of the round earth is 100% verifiable and accepted by every reputable scientist and all but a few thousand of the earth's inhabitants. None of the flat-earthers' claims are verifiable, nor will will FErs even attempt to verify them.

Here's the true test: Would any of you flat-earthers be willing to bet your life that you are correct? I didn't think so.
the true measure of maturity is the ability to comprehend the discomfort of another.

OmgHAI

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 07:35:29 AM »

Here's the true test: Would any of you flat-earthers be willing to bet your life that you are correct? I didn't think so.

First, this statement is just plain ignorant

Second, I'm sure there are some FE'ers who would bet their life the earth is flat
<3 <3 <3
You ravers are not nearly as awesome as you think you are.

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 08:09:07 AM »
I can't fathom the Earth just ending with an edge. I also can't believe the Earth being an infinite plain. That's why most people believe in a RE; It's so much more believable.

ﮎingulaЯiτy

• Arbitrator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Resident atheist.
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 08:35:08 AM »
I can't fathom the Earth just ending with an edge. I also can't believe the Earth being an infinite plain. That's why most people believe in a RE; It's so much more believable.
Intuition can be a destructive force when applied to knowledge.
If I was asked to imagine a perfect deity, I would never invent one that suffers from a multiple personality disorder. Christians get points for originality there.

?

Fred

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 08:39:10 AM »
It's not just believable. It's verifiable. That's the difference. Not only have the FErs not verified their claim, they have not attempted to verify their claim. That's what I was referring to when I asked if they are willing to bet their lives. There have been plenty who bet their lives to circumnavigate the globe. According to FErs, no one dares even to make the attempt to go to the ice wall.
the true measure of maturity is the ability to comprehend the discomfort of another.

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 08:54:53 AM »
It's not just believable. It's verifiable. That's the difference. Not only have the FErs not verified their claim, they have not attempted to verify their claim. That's what I was referring to when I asked if they are willing to bet their lives. There have been plenty who bet their lives to circumnavigate the globe. According to FErs, no one dares even to make the attempt to go to the ice wall.
Dude, the wall is heavily guarded. You would be shot down before you could even see it. They would know that you were coming. Thermal vision and such.

?

Fred

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 09:00:35 AM »
Dude, the wall is heavily guarded. You would be shot down before you could even see it. They would know that you were coming. Thermal vision and such.
Then how does anyone actually know what's there if everyone who approaches is killed? That's sort of like saying that no one has ever returned from Loch Ness because the monster got them.

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 10:44:45 AM »
Then how does anyone actually know what's there if everyone who approaches is killed? That's sort of like saying that no one has ever returned from Loch Ness because the monster got them.
I had a friend that went. He was never heard from again.

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 10:45:12 AM »
Yeah, lol idk even know what to say to these people.  I hope that there just kidding rather then actually think are earth is flat.

?

Fred

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 11:26:15 AM »
Yeah, lol idk even know what to say to these people.  I hope that there just kidding rather then actually think are earth is flat.
I've wondered that. They could just be a bunch of trolls egging everyone on for their own amusement. I believe that is far more likely than the possibility that they truly believe their claim.

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 11:40:53 AM »
i personnaly beleive the theory that the earth is round and not flat

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 11:59:30 AM »
Doesn't it trouble you that flat-earthers cannot agree? Some say there's an ice wall, which is just plain dumb, and others say it's an infinite plane, which is just plain dumber.
Does it not trouble you that Round Earthers can't agree?

?

Fred

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 02:51:48 PM »
I don't know what disagreement you are referring to.
Round Earthers agree on the following:

The earth is round (a sphere).
Gravity exists.
The earth orbits the sun which is 93 million miles away.
The moon orbits the earth at a distance of 240,000 miles.
The sun is approximately 40 times larger than the moon in diameter.
Lunar eclipses are caused by the earth passing between the sun and moon. (no shadow object is needed)
Solar eclipses are caused by the moon passing between the sun and earth.
The seasons are created by the earth's tilt on its axis.
There is no global conspiracy to hide the truth.
Airline pilots fly the straightest, most direct route possible between two points on the globe. (no need to fly a circular pattern to protect the conspiracy)
Antarctica has numerous scientific stations where people freely come and go as needed.
Flat-earthers are poorly informed.

If I've missed any, please advise.

?

Sean

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 05:15:34 PM »
What the fuck? "The sun is approximately 40 times larger than the moon in diameter."

"Airline pilots fly the straightest, most direct route possible between two points on the globe. (no need to fly a circular pattern to protect the conspiracy)"

How would you know?

"Antarctica has numerous scientific stations where people freely come and go as needed."

So?
Quote from: sokarul
Better bring a better augment, something not so stupid.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 05:32:10 PM »
I don't know what disagreement you are referring to.
Round Earthers agree on the following:

The earth is round (a sphere).
Gravity exists.

The earth orbits the sun which is 93 million miles away.
The moon orbits the earth at a distance of 240,000 miles.
The sun is approximately 40 times larger than the moon in diameter.
Lunar eclipses are caused by the earth passing between the sun and moon. (no shadow object is needed)
Solar eclipses are caused by the moon passing between the sun and earth.
The seasons are created by the earth's tilt on its axis.
There is no global conspiracy to hide the truth.
Airline pilots fly the straightest, most direct route possible between two points on the globe. (no need to fly a circular pattern to protect the conspiracy)
Antarctica has numerous scientific stations where people freely come and go as needed.
Flat-earthers are poorly informed.

If I've missed any, please advise.
I lol'd.