Do you have any real, tangible proof that the Earth is flat?

• 57 Replies
?

Dr Matrix

• In Soviet Russia, Matrix enters you!
Re: Do you have any real, tangible proof that the Earth is flat?
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2009, 05:10:45 AM »
So you're saying if we all go away and stop trying to force the truth on you, after a few days, you'll get bored of this nonsense and see things the way they actually are?

I think he may be saying the opposite - if you stop trying to force us to see your warped view of reality, maybe you will notice the simplicity and obviousness of FET.
Quote from: Arthur Schopenhauer
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2009, 05:14:39 AM »
So you're saying if we all go away and stop trying to force the truth on you, after a few days, you'll get bored of this nonsense and see things the way they actually are?

I think he may be saying the opposite - if you stop trying to force us to see your warped view of reality, maybe you will notice the simplicity and obviousness of FET.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

?

Dr Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2009, 05:18:05 AM »
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Wow, you know what, that argument was so well thought out and persuasive that I've actually given up on FET.  Praise be that I have surrendered my free will, logic and reason to brainwashing and peer pressure!
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2009, 05:30:39 AM »

Wow, you know what, that argument was so well thought out and persuasive that I've actually given up on FET.  Praise be that I have surrendered my free will, logic and reason to brainwashing and peer pressure!

rational argument has no effect on you anyway so why bother?

?

Dr Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2009, 05:35:59 AM »
rational argument has no effect on you anyway so why bother?

Quoted for irony.

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2009, 06:27:36 AM »

This is typical of a certain type of blinkered round Earther. why do we bother?
My I.Q. is 85. Or was it 58?

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2009, 01:15:44 PM »

Keep contentless posts out of the upper fora.  This is your warning.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

Dr Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2009, 02:10:26 PM »
Thanks for stepping in John, it was making a mockery of the entire site.

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2009, 03:26:49 PM »

yeah, that's what is making a mockery of the site, not your insane, pointless, meaningless "theory."

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2009, 03:29:20 PM »

yeah, that's what is making a mockery of the site, not your insane, pointless, meaningless "theory."

Well, that theory/hypothesis is the point of this site, not the jackassery John just stopped.
BSc (Hons) Geology
Fellow of the Geological Society of London

?

Dr Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2009, 06:59:55 AM »

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2023, 04:56:35 AM »
Tangible lit means "touchable".

I'm sorry, but do YOU have any tangible proof than when your eyes see an area that looks flat, and a level tells you an area is flat, and you can built houses without leveling adjustment, and your hands and feet touch an area and you don't feel on a slope, you're "really" standing on a curve.

A blind person could prove you wrong.

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2023, 05:41:12 AM »

I'm sorry, but do YOU have any tangible proof than when your eyes see an area that looks flat, and a level tells you an area is flat, and you can built houses without leveling adjustment, and your hands and feet touch an area and you don't feel on a slope, you're "really" standing on a curve.

What navy can bring ships on station faster and with more fuel efficiency, has better navigation, has better targeting and firing solutions because they treat the world as flat? 

There’s that term again… slant range

Remember this post?

"The M5 gun director" to a platform.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Director_(military)#Example

Wonder what calculations went with the M5 when used for targeting…

The M5 director is used to determine or estimate the altitude or slant range of the aerial target.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Director_(military)#Example

Slant Range?

New term to kick around?

Slant Range

https://www.radartutorial.eu/01.basics/Slant%20Range.en.html

However, this would only be valid if the earth were a flat disk. In addition, however, the earth's radius also has an effect, as shown in figure 3. Thus, the actual topographic distance concerning the slant distance measured by the radar depends on:
the measured slant range,
the actual height of the aim, and
the earth radius, which is valid for the location of the radar unit.

From figure 3 one can see the solution approach. A triangle between the points: Center of the earth, the location of the radar unit, and the location of the flight target, whose sides defines the cosine theorem and thus by the equation:
R2 = re2 + (re + H)2 - 2re(re + H) ∑ cos α
(re is the equivalent radius of the earth).
Under the assumption that the earth is a sphere, from the angle α, the part of the earth's circumference can be calculated with a simple ratio calculation from the total earth circumference:
360į ∑ Rtopogr. = α ∑ 2π re
This partial section of the earth circumference can be regarded as an approximation (here still without consideration of the refraction) to the actual topographic distance.
In practice, however, the propagation of electromagnetic waves is also subject to refraction, i.e. the transmitted beam of the radar is not a rectilinear side of this triangle, but this side is additionally also curved depending on
the transmitted wavelength,
the barometric pressure,
the air temperature and
the atmospheric humidity.
Since all these parameters cannot be included in the radar video map, the map is inevitably inaccurate if the radar software does not take into account the relationship between slant range and topographic range. And this is unfortunately always the case with 2D radar devices since these lack the height information compellingly necessary for these computations!

Didn’t see anything about visually adjusting for the fucking delusional parabola….

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2023, 06:28:47 AM »
I can always tell DataOverload posts. He drags out the same twenty diagrams even though I've debated those.

For someone who is going to overload me with data, you sure have a shortage!

Dude, in that model, your radar would not be level and would not hit a perfect triangle like that. It would slant all right, it would slant in such a way that the plane would sail by.

I already mentioned this. I also quoted scripture on building houses on unsteady ground.

You didn't get it (as usual), and deluded yourself into thinking you'd won the argument (which is why you bring at the same stupid diagram and expect to "win" again.

Congratulations, you've "won". Now show a different diagram.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 06:31:47 AM by bulmabriefs144 »

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2023, 07:19:56 AM »
I can always tell DataOverload posts. He drags out the same twenty diagrams even though I've debated those.

For someone who is going to overload me with data, you sure have a shortage!

Dude, in that model, your radar would not be level and would not hit a perfect triangle like that. It would slant all right, it would slant in such a way that the plane would sail by.

I already mentioned this. I also quoted scripture on building houses on unsteady ground.

You didn't get it (as usual), and deluded yourself into thinking you'd won the argument (which is why you bring at the same stupid diagram and expect to "win" again.

Congratulations, you've "won". Now show a different diagram.

And yet itís something you canít refute and show how flat earth would create more accurate calculations if your delusion was reality. 

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2023, 10:23:22 AM »

The Burj Khalifa was built using scripture? News to me.

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2023, 12:19:21 PM »

You realise youíre replying to a 13 year old post, right?  I doubt they are still here.

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2023, 01:19:16 PM »

Please, just answer this 1 question. Okay? Here it is: Do you have any real, tangible proof that the Earth is flat? Just ANSWER it. And I don't want to hear: "Do u have any proof that the Earth is round?" No, I want to hear about the flat Earth. Some scientific proof not based on belief alone. And yes, it does look like the Earth is flat from my window, but I dont want to hear that either. Just give me some SMALL example of proof!!!!

And also, you have no idea what the laws of gravity are because gravity pulls you to the center of the Earth, not the bottom, because there isn't one. The Earth is always rotating. Oh, and by the way, your belief on a "flat earth" seems to based primarily on the teachings, delusions, and misconceptions, of 1500's Europe. Get with the times!! And why would the government take the time to make everyone think the earth is round? Im sure they have more pressing matters. Well, thats all. PLEASE reply to my proof question. If you don't, hey thats just as good. Meaning you have no proof!!

Waaaaaaah! I want to show you're stupid so you must argue your position MY WAY exactly the way I want with no other thoughts or feelings and if you won't play by my rules YOU'RE WRONG! WAAAAAAAAAAAH!

JackBlack

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2023, 01:33:07 PM »
eyes
So you appeal to tangible meaning touchable, and then jump straight to your eyes, and appeal to what you can see, not touch?

If you are going to jump to what can be seen, there is no point in bringing up the literate definition of tangible.

I'm sorry, but do YOU have any tangible proof than when your eyes see an area that looks flat
Spouting the same delusional BS wont help you.
You should be sorry for spouting so much BS just because you can't handle reality.

I am yet to see an area that looks flat.
Plenty of locations are rough, hilly terrain; and some appears to be a very large curve, as evidenced by the horizon blocking the view to distant objects, yet moving towards the horizon or getting higher allowing me to see those objects.

a level tells you an area is flat
The level doesn't tell you it is flat, the straight edge would, and that has some level of uncertainty.
It certainly is not telling you that Earth is not curved.
The best it could tell you is that the rate of curvature is less than some value.

your hands and feet touch an area and you don't feel on a slope, you're "really" standing on a curve.
Why would you feel a slope?

So a blind person would be better at arguing for a FE than you?
Because you are yet to provide anything that proves Earth is flat.

I already mentioned this. ... You didn't get it (as usual)
You mean you baselessly asserted it, without any rational justification, had it entirely refuted, and then proceeded to flee from that refutation because you can't handle reality.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2023, 02:56:09 PM »

Do you have tangible proof you have a brain?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2023, 03:08:44 PM »

You realise youíre replying to a 13 year old post, right?  I doubt they are still here.

A spambot posted in the thread, by the time I found it there were already several more posts.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2023, 03:45:05 PM »
Tangible lit means "touchable"

One meaning. Not the only meaning. OP is using it correctly in its context.

Literally the stupidest argument you've made.

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2023, 03:48:01 PM »

A spambot posted in the thread, by the time I found it there were already several more posts.

I figured as much.  Iíve been caught out by spambot necro before.

Sometimes itís interesting to see how things were here before the mighty FE empire crumbled though.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2023, 03:50:01 PM »
The FE Empire will never crumble!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2023, 03:51:46 PM »
The Empire strikes back!

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2023, 04:07:52 PM »
Sometimes it’s interesting to see how things were here before the mighty FE empire crumbled though.

Don't tell wise.

Remember this gem of his (Calculating the number of believers...)  .....

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=70109.0
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 04:15:24 PM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2023, 10:50:01 PM »
Oh yeah, that one. What a gem of a post. Doesn't get any better.
Wise's prediction from the 2017 thread:

With this acceleration, the time of whole world become flat earther changes to 5 years from 2...as a result the believers of flat earth is still the fastest growing belief, and our census is increasing rapidly. This is the whole point.

I guess 2023 is the year the globe goes flat.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2023, 12:28:11 PM »
Check out my thread `some pics` here in fe general.
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs