Please sticky this - disproof of bendy light

• 17 Replies
?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
Please sticky this - disproof of bendy light
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:13:10 PM »
I am so sick and tired of people (mostly Parsifal) constantly denying that bendy light has been disproved by observational evidence, that I feel this thread should be stickied so that every time bendy light is brought up, they can be pointed to it without me needing to explain the whole thing again and again until my fingers bleed from typing.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=32055.msg791087#msg791087

That is the thread in which myself and Senoctar demonstrate that bendy light conflicts with observed effects. Go read it.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
Re: Please sticky this - disproof of bendy light
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 11:39:33 AM »
The best chance of getting this stickied is if you disprove bendy light
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 11:41:47 AM »
Things that contradict the agenda are not stickied.

lrn2FOXNews

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 11:46:36 AM »

You haven't read the thread, have you? Or if you have, you haven't understood it.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 11:47:48 AM »

You haven't read the thread, have you? Or if you have, you haven't understood it.
Please feel free to point out where it was disproven
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 11:55:29 AM »

Umm, the bit where it states that the bending of light would cause the sun to be superimposed over the ground during a sunset when viewed from altitude? Are you stupid, or didn't you bother to read that bit?
I do love the way that when confronted with proof that one of their long standing theories has been blown to smithereens, all the standard flat earth idiot can do is just blankly deny that it happened.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 12:03:08 PM »

Umm, the bit where it states that the bending of light would cause the sun to be superimposed over the ground during a sunset when viewed from altitude?

Lol. "The part where it says" in my experience has never ever lead to proof of anything except that some people think writing down their ideas is the same as proving them.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 12:13:08 PM »
I'm not clicking on your shitty uncited link on a pop site that will spout random misconceptions about the Earth in a sarcastic way in order to "prove" something.

Well then, you deserve the darkness of ignorance, like a beast of the field.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 12:16:37 PM »
I'm not clicking on your shitty uncited link on a pop site that will spout random misconceptions about the Earth in a sarcastic way in order to "prove" something.

You must come from a poor area. We generally put fields in brightly lit areas so that things will grow and we do starve to death. So the beasts of our fields lived brightly lit days, and starry peaceful nights.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 12:17:13 PM »
Oh how fucking sad. I locked this thread. Raist abused his moderator powers in order to unlock it to post a snide remark. That really does sum it all up for the pettiness of the flat guys doesn't it?

What I said there is proved. In fact all I did was point out a natural consequence of the standard flathead explanation of a sunset. It's not my fault you lot didn't think your theory through properly before posting it everywhere. Too late to get snippy about it now.
Thread relocked.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 12:18:54 PM »
I didn't unlock your thread or abuse my mod powers. I can post in locked threads. It's kind of sad that you lock a thread the second you come off as an idiot so that no one can respond. Funny that I've never locked any of my threads, yet I'm the one that is abusing my powers....

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 12:20:24 PM »

You must come from a poor area. We generally put fields in brightly lit areas so that things will grow and we do starve to death. So the beasts of our fields lived brightly lit days, and starry peaceful nights.

That's not even witty. By the way, I'm submitting a formal complaint for your abuse of moderator privileges in the other thread, just so you know.  :P

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 12:22:39 PM »

That's not even witty. By the way, I'm submitting a formal complaint for your abuse of moderator privileges in the other thread, just so you know.  :P

Yeah I already got that complaint. Just so you know there is no rule against posting in a locked thread. :* This is your first warning about abusing the report system. Next one is a short ban.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
Yeah I already got that complaint. Just so you know there is no rule against posting in a locked thread. :* This is your first warning about abusing the report system. Next one is a short ban.

There may be no rule against it, but there is such a thing as common courtesy, and someone who has been given extra responsibilities in a public forum should act in a better manner, in my opinion.
Also the rules regarding abuse of the report system pertain to excessive reporting and flooding of the moderators with spam reports. Making a single report which is mistaken is no grounds whatsoever for an abuse warning.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 12:47:06 PM »
I didn't unlock your thread or abuse my mod powers. I can post in locked threads.
Semantics. How would I know what you have to do to post here, I'm not a mod.

It's kind of sad that you lock a thread the second you come off as an idiot so that no one can respond. Funny that I've never locked any of my threads, yet I'm the one that is abusing my powers....

I should have locked the thread after the first post I made in it, in retrospect. All this thread was meant to be was a pointer to the other one, I locked it primarily because I didn't want this one to become a parallel debate on the same topic. Not because I "come off as an idiot". Which I don't.
I respectfully request there be no further comment in this thread and all debate on the subject (the disproof of bendy light) be continued in the thread I linked to in the original post.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 12:49:52 PM »

There may be no rule against it, but there is such a thing as common courtesy, and someone who has been given extra responsibilities in a public forum should act in a better manner, in my opinion.
Also the rules regarding abuse of the report system pertain to excessive reporting and flooding of the moderators with spam reports. Making a single report which is mistaken is no grounds whatsoever for an abuse warning.

You reported a post of someone that had done nothing wrong, I was forced to check my email, then check the post, as will every other moderator and admin on the forum.

As for common courtesy, it is definitely against common courtesy to lock a thread during a debate, it is the internet equivalent of covering your ears and going "I"m not listening" especially after you posted a response with questions in it.

Truthfully I didn't notice that the thread was locked before I posted there, but I in no way harmed your thread by posting. My warning still stands, make sure the next thing that you report is a serious violation of the rules, k?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 12:51:04 PM »
Well then I'm moving this out of GD, GD is for light DISCUSSION of flat earth theory. Not to post redirect topics. Please don't spam our fora.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 05:23:55 PM »
Abusing my posting ability in a locked thread power.