Airlines

• 330 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Airlines
« Reply #240 on: December 15, 2009, 07:11:08 PM »
But we can easily get testimonials on flight times.

Where are the testimonials?

« Reply #241 on: December 15, 2009, 07:13:26 PM »
Ok now I am getting slightly annoyed. You do not trust basic math anymore? Flight times for recorded flights are all over and I have no urge to find them for you. What I am saying is that flight times are in line the round earth theory but not the flat earth. Short of massive temporal distortions, I have heard no reasonable theories other than conspiracy which I label as likely with that many people cognizant (all the air traffic people).

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2009, 07:18:54 PM »
It has been brought up in the past that Australia and South America may be closer than depicted in that Azimuthal Projection map.

Then again, Australia and South America may be just where they're depicted be on that Azimuthal Projection map.

It has been brought up in the past that the one airline company which makes flight between the points is an American Government Contractor.

So what?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2009, 07:37:33 PM »
But we can easily get testimonials on flight times.

Where are the testimonials?

I went on a flight. It took a sensible amount of time, not two days. It went via the expected route.
There, testimonial for you. I have been on flights in both north and south hemispheres and they all took a sensible amount of time.
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2009, 07:49:33 PM »
Ok now I am getting slightly annoyed. You do not trust basic math anymore? Flight times for recorded flights are all over and I have no urge to find them for you. What I am saying is that flight times are in line the round earth theory but not the flat earth. Short of massive temporal distortions, I have heard no reasonable theories other than conspiracy which I label as likely with that many people cognizant (all the air traffic people).

No.

You're going to have to find testimonials for the flight which goes between South America and Australia.

Then you're going to have to find testimonials for the distance going the "long" way around.

« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2009, 08:00:48 PM »
Wouldn't just the "short way" work? If it works out with the numbers that you have it works, otherwise it already fits RET. Also why don't you just google that time or is google in on the conspiracy (just wondering).

« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2009, 08:58:02 PM »

No.

You're going to have to find testimonials for the flight which goes between South America and Australia.

Then you're going to have to find testimonials for the distance going the "long" way around.

I once flew from Buenos Aires to Montevideo.

I once flew from Syracuse, NY to Newark New Jersey.

The North American trip took longer from takeoff to landing.

South America is not stretched like it is on the Flat Earth model. My own personal experience says that your theory is moronic.

Call me a liar.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #247 on: December 16, 2009, 12:19:13 AM »
Wouldn't just the "short way" work? If it works out with the numbers that you have it works, otherwise it already fits RET. Also why don't you just google that time or is google in on the conspiracy (just wondering).

As I've said, the FET map is not set in stone. The southern continents may appear closer or farther away from each other than depicted. The FET map is for visual purposes only.

If reality says that the southern continents are a certain distance away from each other going one way, another set of data going the other way around would be necessary to disprove the classical north-centric FE model.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 01:39:10 AM by Tom Bishop »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #248 on: December 16, 2009, 12:21:52 AM »
South America is not stretched like it is on the Flat Earth model. My own personal experience says that your theory is moronic.

It might be. It might not be. Seeing at the map for FET is just an azimuthal projection, and a visualization, we cannot say for sure.

Only when you have provided hard data and testimonials will your case be made.

« Reply #249 on: December 16, 2009, 01:34:38 AM »
Can't he just do a "Tom" and declare it as fact, then claim he knows it for himself and will waste no more time trying to prove it to anyone? Isn't that the Zetetic way? Or does that only apply to you Tom? You know fine well your "map" ( and i use the term loosely) doesn't work. And that no-one has been able to draw an accurate FE map. And you also know the reason for this is that the EARTH IS ROUND!

And until you can show us a map that proves me wrong, the only sensible assumption to make is that the world is round.

?

Tristan

• Bendy Earth Proponent
« Reply #250 on: December 16, 2009, 04:08:20 AM »
As I've said, the FET map is not set in stone. The southern continents may appear closer or farther away from each other than depicted. The FET map is for visual purposes only.

Well the RET map is (literally) set in stone. The RET map is used for pretty much everything relating to geography and so far this hasn't resulted in aircraft ditching into the sea ten thousand miles off course on a daily basis.

In other words: The FET Map is wrong, by your own admission, and you're the friggin' Flat Earth Society. That would be like The Chemistry Society saying "We don't believe in atoms and molecules, we go by the 'fire, water, earth, wind' concept - even though it is clearly wrong and no one can agree on how to fix it".
Image used in Avatar:
"Duck Dodgers™ in the 24&1/2th Century"
© Warner Brothers Animation
All Rights Reserved

« Reply #251 on: December 16, 2009, 04:24:35 AM »

If reality says that the southern continents are a certain distance away from each other going one way, another set of data going the other way around would be necessary to disprove the classical north-centric FE model.

Like flight times from SA to Africa?

Since when are you concerned about what reality says?
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #252 on: December 16, 2009, 07:33:12 AM »

Wait a minute, Bishop. I haven't forgotten your mad squeakings about the predictability of solar eclipse viewing locations. The thing it's not possible to do without accurate maps, remember? The continents and countries MUST be where RET says they are in order for that locational predictability to work. If our maps were wrong, we'd be predicting an eclipse visible in Sydney when in fact it would only be seen 200 miles west of there. People would notice stuff like that. I think that counts as a data set disproving the classical north centric FE model (which, btw, has no superiority over a south centric model).
I suppose you'll just say something false like "nobody has seen a solar eclipse" or "eclipses often happen where you don't expect them" or "read Earth Not A Globe" etc etc like you always do.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

« Reply #253 on: December 16, 2009, 12:45:26 PM »

It might be. It might not be. Seeing at the map for FET is just an azimuthal projection, and a visualization, we cannot say for sure.

No, Tom, it doesn't work like that. Navigation cannot be performed on a flat map unless it is understood that it is merely a representation of a spherical globe.

Navigation works perfectly with the Round Earth projection. It is mathematically impossible to flatten a globe onto a two dimensional plane without compromising its features. Do you not understand this?
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #254 on: December 16, 2009, 12:53:21 PM »

« Reply #255 on: December 16, 2009, 01:01:42 PM »

Quote from: Tom Bishop
Maybe I'll take some pictures some day in the distant future when and if I come ever happen to come across the necessary equipment and feel like donating my time to strangers.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #256 on: December 16, 2009, 01:23:32 PM »
I gave you the data for that experiment.

If you want pictures, it's going to cost you.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #257 on: December 16, 2009, 01:24:34 PM »

« Reply #258 on: December 16, 2009, 01:29:42 PM »
I gave you the data for that experiment.

If you want pictures, it's going to cost you.

::) ???

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #259 on: December 16, 2009, 01:41:54 PM »
Guys

Hard data is not enough for Bishop.  He requires nothing less than the word of Rowbotham (apart from the bit about the moon being luminous).
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #260 on: December 16, 2009, 01:49:34 PM »
Does anyone else think we should start up a "Best Of Bishop" thread in CN to showcase his funniest moments?
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

« Reply #261 on: December 16, 2009, 01:57:26 PM »
Does anyone else think we should start up a "Best Of Bishop" thread in CN to showcase his funniest moments?

Yes.

Either that or a thread titled: "Only when you have provided hard data and testimonials will your case be made."

Consisting of pages upon pages of nothing but:

"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

« Reply #262 on: December 16, 2009, 04:52:51 PM »
Tom, now you have crossed the line. You cannot demand of my such data that you can find with a google search (the fact the eta for most flight times is correct) or have experienced yourself and then in the same breath say bring hard evidence. With that we can rule out 99% of your theories. Please rethink your statement and bring a logical non time travel related method for flat earth to be right.

Optimus Prime

• Autobot Leader: Keeper of the Matrix of Leadership
« Reply #263 on: December 16, 2009, 05:57:04 PM »
Uh oh - looks like Tom has broken out the Python script again!! ;D

Dyslexics are teople poo!

?

Tristan

• Bendy Earth Proponent
« Reply #264 on: December 17, 2009, 06:52:46 AM »
Let me get this straight, Tom:

You refuse to acknowledge what the rest of the world considers to be true. A truth that has been considered self-evident for over two thousand years, and which has been demonstrated to be true every day by thousands of people doing basic, everyday activities.

Were we to adopt your alternative theory, one that is completely incompatible with most of modern science, it would result in large scale catastrophes due to massive inaccuracies in the most fundamental things, from the positions of entire nations to the implications for physics.

And you are demanding evidence from us of things like passenger planes not arriving hours or even days late for every single scheduled flight since air-travel began?

To use your own methodology: Look out your window - See all those people not drowning in the ocean because their trans-atlantic flight didn't go twenty-two hours over schedule and ditch into the sea? There's some evidence for you.
Image used in Avatar:
"Duck Dodgers™ in the 24&1/2th Century"
© Warner Brothers Animation
All Rights Reserved

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #265 on: December 17, 2009, 07:06:09 AM »
Tom, now you have crossed the line. You cannot demand of my such data that you can find with a google search (the fact the eta for most flight times is correct) or have experienced yourself and then in the same breath say bring hard evidence. With that we can rule out 99% of your theories. Please rethink your statement and bring a logical non time travel related method for flat earth to be right.

If you think that the hard data can be gathered from Google searches, be my guest. We're waiting.

You refuse to acknowledge what the rest of the world considers to be true. A truth that has been considered self-evident for over two thousand years, and which has been demonstrated to be true every day by thousands of people doing basic, everyday activities.

Wrong.

Were we to adopt your alternative theory, one that is completely incompatible with most of modern science, it would result in large scale catastrophes due to massive inaccuracies in the most fundamental things, from the positions of entire nations to the implications for physics.

And you are demanding evidence from us of things like passenger planes not arriving hours or even days late for every single scheduled flight since air-travel began?

You need to show that the flight times between Australia and South America shows one distance, and that the "long way" distance around shows another distance. That's the only way to demonstrate the makeup of the Southern Hemisphere.

Once you do that we can proceed.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:09:19 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #266 on: December 17, 2009, 08:17:31 AM »

You need to show that the flight times between Australia and South America shows one distance, and that the "long way" distance around shows another distance. That's the only way to demonstrate the makeup of the Southern Hemisphere.

Once you do that we can proceed.

Flight time estimates which match actuality for travel between SA and Australia, SA and Africa, and Australia and Africa provide the same information. Moving any one of the 3 to correct a distance on one route would throw off the other 2 routes.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #267 on: December 17, 2009, 12:49:02 PM »
You need to show that the flight times between Australia and South America shows one distance, and that the "long way" distance around shows another distance.

Tom, no airline would ever take the "long way" if they could possibly help it.

That's the only way to demonstrate the makeup of the Southern Hemisphere.

Another way would be to take longitude and latitude coordinates of known locations in the southern hemisphere and plot them on a FE map.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #268 on: December 17, 2009, 12:56:29 PM »

Someone already has some great stuff put together:
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=18710.msg341181#msg341181
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=18711.msg341185#msg341185

It's pretty entertaining stuff.
By eliminating all present contradicting possibilities you would arrive at the present truth. It's impossible to arrive at a future truth.

« Reply #269 on: December 17, 2009, 01:48:35 PM »
I like how tom completely ignored how if we start to demand prior evidence, Tom's theories don't work. The reason I let you throw around conjecture and accept it as science because right now this is all hypothesizing. Besides, that would require every single clock to be wrong, every single person who had flown on a plane to be wrong. That is impossible. Impossible. That is not even physically possible. Provide a theory how that doesn't involve impossible things (Time Travel, Everyone except you is in on conspiracy, etc.).