Proof Space Travel is possible

• 39 Replies

Friend 001

• Klaus Penbender
Proof Space Travel is possible
« on: October 07, 2009, 06:59:16 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091007/ap_on_sc/us_sci_shoot_the_moon;_ylt=At8HvRnsHoz1wiPuV_NYcQAPLBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTJtOWxhN3FqBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMDA3L3VzX3NjaV9zaG9vdF90aGVfbW9vbgRjcG9zAzEEcG9zAzMEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDZnVsbG5ic3BzdG9y

(sorry for the long URL)

NASA is going to run an old spaceship into the moon to see if water is underneath it's interior sending a cloud of dust everywhere that can be seen all around the world.

How could they do this with out sending something into space?
"Few minds grasp the true form of cubezoidal rombus." -Anonymous

"If the earth is round how the heck does gravity supposed to work?!" -Klaus Jr.

Re: Proof Space Travel is possible
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 07:03:11 PM »
thats wicked, now i gotta wake up at 5:30, thanks for the find

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:25:58 PM »
bump
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Oh, for God's sake... ::)
Look out your window.
Quote from: Bl4ke360
http://i33.tinypic.com/350t5s8.jpg

Is this supposed to prove something here?
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Looks pretty flat to me.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 07:38:54 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091007/ap_on_sc/us_sci_shoot_the_moon;_ylt=At8HvRnsHoz1wiPuV_NYcQAPLBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTJtOWxhN3FqBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMDA3L3VzX3NjaV9zaG9vdF90aGVfbW9vbgRjcG9zAzEEcG9zAzMEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDZnVsbG5ic3BzdG9y

(sorry for the long URL)

NASA is going to run an old spaceship into the moon to see if water is underneath it's interior sending a cloud of dust everywhere that can be seen all around the world.

How could they do this with out sending something into space?
They are crashing into a crater that is always in shadow...how conveinent
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

Wings_RE

• ...the face of time...
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 10:30:19 AM »

Well, I guess they said a "darkened crater", and that's a whole different ballgame. (pun intended)
But anyhow, it will not be visible from my neck'o'the woods...here's heavy overcast and has been for close to a month now.  :(
...the LCROSS-event;
You're pretty dense if you think that you can see something the size of a car 200,000 miles away!
(eh...hrm...3.000 miles away! Right?)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 11:06:39 AM »
It's what NASA considers to be the most likely area to find water.  Where else would you suggest that they crash the probe?  ???
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 12:36:18 PM »
Simply put, whoever observes the tiny cloud on the moon will be deemed part of the conspiracy...am I right? If, at the exact specified moment, the impact crater appears and a dust cloud appears on the moon, then that would demonstrate that sustained spaceflight is possible.

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 01:08:05 PM »
We'll see if that plume occurs.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 01:45:30 PM »
It's what NASA considers to be the most likely area to find water.  Where else would you suggest that they crash the probe?  ???
It sure is handy that they crash into a location that would make observation troublesome
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 01:52:49 PM »
It sure is handy that they crash into a location that would make observation troublesome
???  WTF are you going on about?  A good chunk of the western hemisphere will be able to observe the crash (weather permitting).

?

Dr Matrix

• In Soviet Russia, Matrix enters you!
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 01:56:42 PM »
Perhaps this will be the first genuine Moon landing?  Maybe NASA have found a way to exploit the DE field and so they know the craft will be unable to slow down before impact?
Quote from: Arthur Schopenhauer
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 01:58:27 PM »
???  WTF are you going on about?  A good chunk of the western hemisphere will be able to observe the crash (weather permitting).
Actually the crater is on the south pole of the moon according to NASA and it is in perpetual darkness.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 02:04:20 PM »
Actually the crater is on the south pole of the moon according to NASA and it is in perpetual darkness.
*sigh*
Quote from: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LCROSS/main/LCROSS_crater.html
LCROSS will search for water ice by sending its spent upper-stage Centaur rocket to impact the permanently shadowed polar crater. The satellite will fly into the plume of dust left by the impact and measure the properties before also colliding with the lunar surface. The LCROSS team selected Cabeus A based on a set of conditions that include proper debris plume illumination for visibility from Earth, a high concentration of hydrogen, and mature crater features such as a flat floor, gentle slopes and the absence of large boulders.

?

Dr Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 02:07:23 PM »
Maybe they're actually going to fire an enormous laser at the Moon to blast off a section of the edge of the disc corresponding to the RET lunar south pole?
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 02:13:58 PM »
Maybe they're actually going to fire an enormous laser at the Moon to blast off a section of the edge of the disc corresponding to the RET lunar south pole?

Yes, maybe, because these things exist and have been tested, haven't they?  :P
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 02:15:46 PM »
A cadre of professional astronomers using many of the Earth?s most capable observatories is helping maximize the scientific return from the LCROSS impacts. These observatories include the Infrared Telescope Facility and Keck telescope in Hawaii; the Magdalena Ridge and Apache Ridge Observatories in New Mexico and the MMT Observatory in Arizona; the newly refurbished Hubble Space Telescope; and the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, among others.
*sigh* If it was truly chosen for visibility from Earth, telescopes other than NASA created or government aided observatories would be able to see them. The fact that they chose the darkest area on the moon is just a shield-People such as Tom and I won't be able to observe the events because we don't have access to telescopes with ridiculous sized aperatures to argue against NASA's claims. Honestly, they can make video and pictures of whatever they want. Kinda of hard to believe that my celestron won't be able to see the effects of an explosion that size.
 Oh wait it's too dark and only huge regulated telescopes can view it -_-.

?

Dr Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 02:21:02 PM »

There was a chemical laser fuelled by HF (hydrogen fluoride) in the US that caused structural damage to a mountain when they used it as a beam dump - there's no reason you couldn't scale that up if you had a big enough power source...

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 02:23:26 PM »

There was a chemical laser fuelled by HF (hydrogen fluoride) in the US that caused structural damage to a mountain when they used it as a beam dump - there's no reason you couldn't scale that up if you had a big enough power source...

There's probably quite a few reasons why you couldn't scale that up. Don't you think somebody would notice a massive laser beam zooming out towards the Moon anyway?
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 02:25:41 PM »
Laser beams don't create impact plumes.

A cadre of professional astronomers using many of the Earth?s most capable observatories is helping maximize the scientific return from the LCROSS impacts. These observatories include the Infrared Telescope Facility and Keck telescope in Hawaii; the Magdalena Ridge and Apache Ridge Observatories in New Mexico and the MMT Observatory in Arizona; the newly refurbished Hubble Space Telescope; and the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, among others.
*sigh* If it was truly chosen for visibility from Earth, telescopes other than NASA created or government aided observatories would be able to see them. The fact that they chose the darkest area on the moon is just a shield-People such as Tom and I won't be able to observe the events because we don't have access to telescopes with ridiculous sized aperatures to argue against NASA's claims. Honestly, they can make video and pictures of whatever they want. Kinda of hard to believe that my celestron won't be able to see the effects of an explosion that size.
 Oh wait it's too dark and only huge regulated telescopes can view it -_-.

*heavy sigh*
Quote from: http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/10/moon-shot-part-deux-even-more-ways-of-observing-the-lcross-impact/
Another way to watch the impact is with your own telescope.  NASA Ames has a website set up that provides a great deal of information on how to locate the impact crater on the Moon?s surface, expectations of what the plume will look like, and lots of other great information.  You will need a telescope that has at least a 10? to 12? aperture (for a reflecting telescope) and being further west in North America will definitely provide better viewing due to the sunrise on the east coast.

A decent sized telescope, but hardly a "huge regulated" one.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 02:32:05 PM »
Well I guess we shall see when I take my 10' out to watch. I'm saying that if (and very likely when) normal obsevers cannot view any effects NASA will have their choice of excuses from which I have mentioned.

?

Dr Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 02:33:53 PM »
There's probably quite a few reasons why you couldn't scale that up. Don't you think somebody would notice a massive laser beam zooming out towards the Moon anyway?

Yes, unless it's pulsed I suppose.  I didn't mean scale up the individual system, I meant scale it up overall, possibly by building multiple pulsed laser systems.

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 02:34:29 PM »
Well I guess we shall see when I take my 10' out to watch. I'm saying that if (and very likely when) normal obsevers cannot view any effects NASA will have their choice of excuses from which I have mentioned.

Even if you did see an effect you would not admit it here, because you'd look like a chump if you had to change your mind about the possibilities and you're too proud to do that.

?

Dr Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 02:35:14 PM »
Laser beams don't create impact plumes.

They create plumes if you use them to dump enough energy into one place at one time, especially if they've found a pocket of compressed gas or water just below the surface.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 02:37:02 PM »

Even if you did see an effect you would not admit it here, because you'd look like a chump if you had to change your mind about the possibilities and you're too proud to do that.
If I observe any effect, I would post it. It would be unwise for me not to post the correct findings here because then I'd be against the observations of even the average Joe

?

Thermal Detonator

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 02:38:45 PM »

If I observe any effect, I would post it. It would be unwise for me not to post the correct findings here because then I'd be against the observations of even the average Joe

That's untrue. You are the most average of all the flat earth posters - your responses are almost algorithmically predictable.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 02:39:58 PM »

That's untrue. You are the most average of all the flat earth posters - your responses are almost algorithmically predictable.
Which is why reporting an observation that goes against the regular Joe would not make sense

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 02:45:56 PM »

Just make sure that you know where to look.  This should help.
http://lcross.arc.nasa.gov/observation/amateur.htm

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 02:46:56 PM »

Just make sure that you know where to look.  This should help.
http://lcross.arc.nasa.gov/observation/amateur.htm
Thank you

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 03:17:01 AM »
There are all sorts of pieces of rock/ice travelling about the universe. N.A.S.A. have observed one, they know where and when it will hit the moon.

Hey Presto, someone thinks this is proof of spaceflight.
My I.Q. is 85. Or was it 58?

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2009, 03:22:34 AM »
There are all sorts of pieces of rock/ice travelling about the universe. N.A.S.A. have observed one, they know where and when it will hit the moon.

Hey Presto, someone thinks this is proof of spaceflight.

Sigh...

Prove it?