The Problem with Eclipses

• 271 Replies
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2006, 01:20:28 PM »
Just because the names include the word "Satellite", doesn't mean they're actually being broadcast from satellites

You're not really showing that they're not.....
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

I have read that !
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2006, 07:34:26 AM »
I have read that eslipse is cause by a Sky dog swallowing it  :P
EY LOOK! Topreview.uni.cc   is the place to learn all about best latest software & entertainment products being reviewed by 805,734,774 internet users all over the world . CHECK IT OUT Mates! >>  http://www.topreview.uni.cc

« Reply #242 on: November 26, 2006, 06:49:04 PM »
bump

« Reply #243 on: November 26, 2006, 11:42:52 PM »
Taiji talks about a sky Dog, and then Crypto shows up :)
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #244 on: December 02, 2006, 07:57:16 PM »
Quote from: "dysfunction"
Quote from: "thomasantony"
dysfunction..  You misunderstood me... I am an RE. I edited the post to remove the misunderstanding.

Thomas

I was aware of that. My point was that the argument you 'won' was won over a thousand years ago, so it isn't much to be proud of.

Heh, heh, heh.

« Reply #245 on: December 09, 2006, 03:56:19 AM »
Bump.
FE Pwnage Archive

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=8101.0

The Engineer is still a douchebag

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #246 on: December 09, 2006, 10:49:37 AM »
Quote from: "dantheman40k"
Bump.

Bump+1

« Reply #247 on: December 09, 2006, 12:38:43 PM »
Well I suggest to all FE'ers that if they really want to learn the truth, that they go and charter a flight which flies directly over Antarctica.
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

I'm giving you five points for that one

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #248 on: December 09, 2006, 12:47:42 PM »
Quote from: "Wolfwood"
Well I suggest to all FE'ers that if they really want to learn the truth, that they go and charter a flight which flies directly over Antarctica.

If you're willing to pay, sure!!
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

« Reply #249 on: December 09, 2006, 01:27:56 PM »
If I would really believe that the earth is flat, I would pay the flight. It would be so satisfying to see that I'm right.
(I love 'believing' that the earth is a globe, it's satisfying for me every day :D )

But as the earth is a globe and most of them know that, they won't do it. Then they would have to stop this nonsense...
eel free to correct my language, thanks.

But if there aren't arguments there is ... THE CONSPIRACY! That's a practical little thing...

"In the grand scheme of things, those with the prettiest pictures will win." (Seriously)

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2006, 01:34:59 PM »
I won't do it for the same reason you won't - why would I waste money to prove to myself something I know to be true?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2006, 01:38:17 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
I won't do it for the same reason you won't - why would I waste money to prove to myself something I know to be true?

I have my evidences. I have the pictures (I don't believe that someone fakes millions of pictures whithout having any motive). I know people who flew over the antarctica. I know that a lot of science/laws/...  is based on the earth being a globe or has the same foundations as the 'theory' that the earth is a globe and I know that it all 'works'. I've got my evidences.

But you haven't got anything. Just an unfounded theory. You NEED the flight.

But if there aren't arguments there is ... THE CONSPIRACY! That's a practical little thing...

"In the grand scheme of things, those with the prettiest pictures will win." (Seriously)

« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2006, 01:53:44 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"

Why not? Can't you find some rich guy to invest in such an expidition? Thats how these scientific geographical exploration things work yanno. You find an investor or a grant...

OH right yeah... No one would give you a grant just to discover whether or not the world was flat or round.... Well I suppose you could pool together enough money between you and the other nutcases.

The simple fact is that this type of challenge presents something that scares you, a chance to find out the truth.

A true scientific mind would leap at the oppertunity. One unsure of their theory completely would be less willing to do so. One in your position, with no real fact and a simple minded insistence that you are right and everyone else is wrong, would come up with every excuse imaginable to avoid such a blunt method of finding the truth.
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

I'm giving you five points for that one

« Reply #253 on: December 09, 2006, 01:59:37 PM »
Pack your bags or admit that you don't really believe that the earth is flat. Let's get through it.

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2006, 02:32:53 PM »
Quote from: "Yeah, sure..."
Pack your bags or admit that you don't really believe that the earth is flat. Let's get through it.

Pack your bags or admit that you don't really believe that the earth is round. Let's get through it.

« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2006, 02:35:41 PM »
Quote from: "Ubuntu"
Quote from: "Yeah, sure..."

Pack your bags or admit that you don't really believe that the earth is round. Let's get through it.

We've got enough evidence. And I'll fly over the antarctica in the course of my life. But until then, I take the word of the people who flew over it and the millions of pictures of the antarctica AND the worldglobe.

Re: The Problem with Eclipses
« Reply #256 on: August 03, 2016, 01:25:23 AM »
Well FEs, ten years have passed. Has anybody come up with any FE model that can accurately predict solar and lunar eclipses with the accuracy of the RE model?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #257 on: August 04, 2016, 11:12:50 AM »
Actually, using my model, I simply look at past events and make predictions based on them.  Is this wrong? 

« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2016, 07:10:52 PM »
Actually, using my model, I simply look at past events and make predictions based on them.  Is this wrong?

Yes. Past events will not predict the exact time or location a future solar eclipse will be visible.

It also doesn't explain how some locations can see a solar eclipse yet other locations cannot.

« Reply #259 on: August 04, 2016, 08:52:35 PM »
Predicitons based on past events...

Unfortunatelly, this is not that simple.

« Reply #260 on: August 05, 2016, 01:14:21 AM »
TEN YEARS

This thread was started when Bush was still in office, and FE believers still can't give an explanation for eclipses.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:21:00 AM by TheRealBillNye »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #261 on: August 06, 2016, 05:00:43 AM »
Some explanations, using your model, of how lunar eclipses can even occur at all would be appreciated.

The one given in "the Wiki" is clearly unsatisfactory. In case you have forgotten, here it is:
Quote from: the Wiki
The Lunar Eclipse

A Lunar Eclipse occurs about twice a year when a satellite of the sun passes between the sun and moon.

This satellite is called the Shadow Object. Its orbital plane is tilted at an angle of about 510' to the sun's orbital plane, making eclipses possible only when the three bodies (Sun, Object, and Moon) are aligned and when the moon is crossing the sun's orbital plane (at a point called the node). Within a given year, considering the orbitals of these celestial bodies, a maximum of three lunar eclipses can occur. Despite the fact that there are more solar than lunar eclipses each year, over time many more lunar eclipses are seen at any single location on earth than solar eclipses. This occurs because a lunar eclipse can be seen from the entire half of the earth beneath the moon at that time, while a solar eclipse is visible only along a narrow path on the earth's surface.

Total lunar eclipses come in clusters. There can be two or three during a period of a year or a year and a half, followed by a lull of two or three years before another round begins. When you add partial eclipses there can be three in a calendar year and again, it's quite possible to have none at all.

The shadow object is never seen because it orbits close to the sun. As the sun's powerful vertical rays hit the atmosphere during the day they will scatter and blot out nearly every single star and celestial body in the sky. We are never given a glimpse of the celestial bodies which appear near the sun during the day - they are completely washed out by the sun's light.

It is estimated that the Shadow Object is around five to ten miles in diameter. Since it is somewhat close to the sun the manifestation of its penumbra upon the moon appears as a magnified projection. This is similar to how during a shadow puppet show your hand's shadow can make a large magnified projection upon your bedroom wall as you move it closer to the flashlight.[/size]

It is simply not possible for "the Shadow Object . . . . .  five to ten miles in diameter" to cast a shadow on the moon when the sun is 32 miles in diameter and around 12,500 miles from the moon.

So, over to the expert.

« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2016, 03:30:04 AM »
Okay, this is going to be hard to explain, but I'll try. A lunar eclipse occurs when the Earth gets between the sun and the moon, hence making the moon appear a darker than normal. Since man has first started recording events of this kind (using sophisticated language, not cave paintings and stuff) they have noticed that it can occur when the moon is at any position in the sky. Whether it's closer to the horizon, or high in the sky, the entire moon is darkened. If the earth was flat, also check this phenq review it would not always cast a shadow that would cover the entire moon. Basically, if the earth was flat, some lunar eclipses would have only half of the moon dark. While this happens (it's called a penumbral eclipse), if the earth really is flat, then the wrong half would be darkened. In the penubral eclipse, the "left" side of the moon won't be dark, but the "right" side will, and vice versa. If the FE theory is correct, then there would sometimes be eclipses where the "bottom" half of the moon is dark, but the "top" half isn't. This has never occured. Not once in the history of man. Heres a picture of a lunar eclipse.

Now, a solar eclipse is when the moon gets in between the earth and the moon, casting a circular shadow on the earth. Now, we can predict when these eclipses (whether they be solar or lunar, but this is only pertinent to my arguement about solar eclipses) will occur. Not only this, but also where they will appear on the earth. Now, these calculations are based on the moon's orbit around the earth, the earth's orbit around the sun, and the earth's rotation on it's axis. Now, you can say that their predictions based on earth orbiting around the sun can be modeled the same by the sun moving around the earth (as much as I disagree with it, I know this arguement is going to come up so I'm going to address it right now).

you have very interesting theory to share about eclipse. This surely has to be answered by flatearth supporters.
moon doesn't produce but reflects light.

Sun moving around earth ? I would love to see any argument coming on this one..
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 07:03:13 PM by davidkendrick »

« Reply #263 on: August 14, 2016, 11:35:07 PM »
Quote from: Ubuntu
Quote from: dysfunction
Quote from: flat_brain_theory
Quote from: flat_brain_theory
Quote from: Aralith
This topic is "yet to be answered."

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #264 on: August 15, 2016, 02:41:14 AM »
Please stop making low content posts in the upper fora.  Thanks. 

« Reply #265 on: August 15, 2016, 09:33:53 AM »
Please stop making low content posts

I will stop bumping this thread when you explain how you can predict eclipses with the accuracy of the RE model

« Reply #266 on: August 23, 2016, 01:39:28 AM »
Poor Aralith. He never got an answer to his question. 10 years is a long time, a lot can change. Wonder where he is now.

Why does everybody ignore this thread? How can Flat Earthers not see the obvious flaws in their models? This thread is literally 10 years old, and still the FE religion has no answers.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #267 on: August 24, 2016, 10:55:59 AM »
Quote from: 6strings
Sorry, could you prove to me that the moon doesn't emit light?  Because, otherwise, I find your claim that my reasoning is "utterly ridiculous" offensive and, not to mention, wrong.

The moon reflects light because as you can see from your porch, it is made of rock.

You have absolutely no evidence to support it emits light. The notion that emits light is truly ridiculous. It's a rock. Not a star. A moon. We have space rocks... except I guess those are part of the conspiracy too. However, just look at the moon. You can see the moon during daylight even sometimes, it's just faint because it is so bright out. It's a rock. Rock's don't emit light. 'Nuff said.

Haven't you ever heard of those (flat earth) "moonshrimp" ......or is it "moonshramp" ?
They are those "bioluminescent" (spelling ? )  creatures that light up the moon and cause the phases of the moon as they migrate back and forth across the surface of the moon. .......LOL.....

I haven't seen this from the flat earthers and I'm just guessing until I get "the truth" from the flat earthers.
But here is my guess.
Those moonshrimp have to have something to stay alive and light up the moon.
The moon is  made of cheese and they feed on it.
Those craters are just where they dug down to get some more.

This is just my guess. I stand corrected when FES comes up with the official word !
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 11:15:26 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #268 on: August 24, 2016, 01:46:01 PM »
It's hard to beat that logic. The moon MUST BE inhabited by moonshramp. It is the only explanation.

?

zork

« Reply #269 on: August 24, 2016, 02:34:51 PM »
It's hard to beat that logic. The moon MUST BE inhabited by moonshramp. It is the only explanation.
  It takes time but at the end all get turned to moonshramp religion. You just can't beat it.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.