The Problem with Eclipses

• 271 Replies
?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #210 on: October 23, 2006, 01:22:39 PM »
Quote from: "Legend"
So as this is a time passer for all you guys and you all believe that the earth is round and it is just a mater weather you will admit it or not. I thought I would let you know what is happening around the earth and not in theory, in reality.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5944615355863607664

You flat-earth's always say that if you haven't seen it with your owns eyes, then it probably isn't how it is. So in theory there is no third world debt, no poverty, no racism, no ozone-layer depletion and no ice caps melting. This goes back the the age old argument that if a tree falls over in a forest and there is no one there to hear it, did it make a sound?

For more information about this visit SLIMY-PROSELYTIZING-DELETED this is there current campaign, they have a wide agenda and I'm sure you will find one that you will be able to help out with what ever your theory.

Wow.  Not only is this nowhere near on-topic, but you managed to try to prove that the Earth is round using the fact that people in third-world countries are exploited.  omg.  You just have no shame, do you?
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

?

Legend

« Reply #211 on: October 23, 2006, 02:39:34 PM »
If everyone in the world was like you, it would probably be flat.

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2006, 02:52:10 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
So as this is a time passer for all you guys and you all believe that the earth is round and it is just a mater weather you will admit it or not. I thought I would let you know what is happening around the earth and not in theory, in reality.

You flat-earth's always say that if you haven't seen it with your owns eyes, then it probably isn't how it is. So in theory there is no third world debt, no poverty, no racism, no ozone-layer depletion and no ice caps melting. This goes back the the age old argument that if a tree falls over in a forest and there is no one there to hear it, did it make a sound?

For more information about this visit SLIMY-PROSELYTIZING-DELETED this is there current campaign, they have a wide agenda and I'm sure you will find one that you will be able to help out with what ever your theory.

Wow.  Not only is this nowhere near on-topic, but you managed to try to prove that the Earth is round using the fact that people in third-world countries are exploited.  omg.  You just have no shame, do you?

Damn. That IS shameful. Speaking of proof though, I think there's some on this site: http://www.thehungersite.com

« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2006, 03:08:29 PM »
What the hell happened to this topic?
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

« Reply #214 on: October 25, 2006, 11:38:06 PM »
REer: And So by this scientific data, very scientifficly presented, the earth could not possibly be flat.

FEer: Duh..... You spelt scientifficality wrong

REer: Well thats not the point the point is that eclipses ultimatly proves the earth is spherical.

FEer: Yeh... Well... The Government causes Eclipses...

REer: How could the Government posibly gain the resouses and produce a contaption to temporarely block out the sun?

FEer: Eh... the Government is like... Magic

REer: What, so they turn off the sun?

FEer: No... er... Yeh... Thats it... End of discotion

*FEer: leaves without further questioning*
person without religion is like a fish without a bike

?

Couchie

« Reply #215 on: October 26, 2006, 12:57:24 AM »

At least he provided a post for you to quote, and then make it look like you aren't ignoring this thread altogether. But if you want to respond to the eclipse point, feel free. Not responding indicates that you concede the point.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #216 on: October 26, 2006, 01:00:20 AM »
Quote from: "Couchie"
Not responding indicates that you concede the point.

Ah, one of the most annoying RE tactics.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2006, 02:50:27 PM »
*Ahem.*

« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2006, 02:57:30 PM »
I'm going to answer a question put forth on page one which I doubt has yet recieved this response, though I haven't gone through all 15 pages to look:

They can't cast a shadow on the moon to give the illusion that the world is round

Here it comes...

captain is sailing through the arctic. The first mate runs up and says to him, "captain, there is an iceberg dead ahead. What should we do?" The captain looks at the iceberg, then glances at his map and says, "there's no iceberg here! Keep going!"

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #219 on: November 07, 2006, 03:02:51 PM »
Has anything like the Bat Signal ever been done in real life?

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #220 on: November 08, 2006, 04:11:28 PM »
Quote from: "Ubuntu"
Has anything like the Bat Signal ever been done in real life?

Didn't think so.

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2006, 02:48:30 PM »
I'd like all the new members to see this topic.  :arrow:

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #222 on: November 09, 2006, 04:28:27 PM »
Why?

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #223 on: November 10, 2006, 03:00:54 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"
Why?

So that they can know this impeccable argument against the Flat Earth Society's claims has already been made.

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #224 on: November 10, 2006, 06:08:08 PM »
The only response to the eclipse question has been that rather than the Earth's shadow causing lunar eclipse, it is instead a flat disk in orbit between the Moon and Earth. The problem with this, however, is that then only people directly under the Moon would see a circular shadow; people elsewhere would see an elliptical shadow of varying eccentricity.
the cake is a lie

We win!!
« Reply #225 on: November 11, 2006, 09:01:36 AM »
Hey,
   Havent been here for sometime... but I came back ... just to see how the bullshitting is going.. Seems like we WON!! Great work fellow RE'ers .         FE'rs, ... YHBT... YHL... HAND!!

W00t

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #226 on: November 11, 2006, 11:02:14 AM »
You sure seem proud of winning an argument about whether or not the Earth is flat.
the cake is a lie

« Reply #227 on: November 11, 2006, 02:03:39 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
Quote from: "Couchie"
Not responding indicates that you concede the point.

Ah, one of the most annoying RE tactics.

Not nearly as annoying as FErs only responding to proof threads just to snark and snipe and point out inconsequential errors (such as a flaw in how a scientific principle is described regardless of whether the principle itself actually proves a Round Earth) instead of making a counter-argument or conceding the point.

I mean, that's the classic FE response to that comment, but that comment is never made by the most reasonable RE debaters, it's made by the cocky ones who are usually new to the forum, but that doesn't stop you from making a blanket statement implying it's an actual "tactic" used by all RErs.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #228 on: November 11, 2006, 03:31:13 PM »
Quote from: "EnCrypto"
I mean, that's the classic FE response to that comment, but that comment is never made by the most reasonable RE debaters, it's made by the cocky ones who are usually new to the forum,

The majority of RE's are the cocky ones that are usually new to the forums. And they do use that tactic.

« Reply #229 on: November 11, 2006, 09:14:11 PM »
dysfunction..  You misunderstood me... I am an RE. I edited the post to remove the misunderstanding.

Thomas

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2006, 09:31:29 PM »
Quote from: "thomasantony"
dysfunction..  You misunderstood me... I am an RE. I edited the post to remove the misunderstanding.

Thomas

I was aware of that. My point was that the argument you 'won' was won over a thousand years ago, so it isn't much to be proud of.
the cake is a lie

« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2006, 11:01:02 PM »
maybe this should be stickied so we shouldn't have to bump it all the time.

« Reply #232 on: November 12, 2006, 01:50:19 AM »
Concur.
he Engineer and GeoGuy are douchebags. Period.

Also, they smell bad.

« Reply #233 on: November 12, 2006, 10:04:25 AM »
does wayne brady have to bump a thread?

« Reply #234 on: November 12, 2006, 10:16:35 AM »
Quote from: "General Dallows"
If that can orbit the earth, why can't a normal man-made satellite?

Firstly, it doesn't orbit the Earth, it orbits the Earth's central axis.

Secondly, the mechanism that keeps it in that orbit is unknown, so its unknown whether merely putting a satellite up there would be enough to keep the satellite in orbit.

its not unknown about what will happen if we put a satellite in orbit, and i have proof.  its called a freakin cell phone.  HHHIIOOOOOO!  haha.  but seriously, satellites are in orbit, and thats why my cell phone works great.  thanks for your time.
oseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag

« Reply #235 on: November 12, 2006, 10:18:48 AM »
Quote from: "dysfunction"
You sure seem proud of winning an argument about whether or not the Earth is flat.

hahaha LOLOL yeah dude calm down.  i knew RE was right before conception.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #236 on: November 12, 2006, 10:21:08 AM »
Quote from: "wuttttttttup"
its not unknown about what will happen if we put a satellite in orbit, and i have proof.  its called a freakin cell phone.  HHHIIOOOOOO!  haha.  but seriously, satellites are in orbit, and thats why my cell phone works great.  thanks for your time.

Your cell phone may work great, but it's certainly not because of satellites, which have nothing to do with how cell phones work.

« Reply #237 on: November 12, 2006, 10:28:53 AM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"

Your cell phone may work great, but it's certainly not because of satellites, which have nothing to do with how cell phones work.

true for non-portable-satellite phones.  but for those types of cell phones (one of which i have), satellites are involved (i mean come on, its right there in the title).

and besides, frak off.  we both know i could list 2034932054 things that use a satellite (all of which work) so we must conclude that humans know how to put a satellite in orbit.  here are a few: xm radio, DBS (tv via direct broadcast by satellite), oceanographers use them to track surface marine life, astronomers use them (come on, we all know thats true), and surveillance.

also keep in mind that to refute my argument here one would have to give explanations for how EACH of these things works if satellites do not orbit the earth.  responding and saying that tvs can work w/out a satellite won't suffice.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #238 on: November 12, 2006, 10:35:13 AM »

true for non-portable-satellite phones.  but for those types of cell phones (one of which i have), satellites are involved (i mean come on, its right there in the title).

:shock:   Wha...??? Do you mean you have a satellite phone? If so, how is that a cell phone?

and besides, frak off.  we both know i could list 2034932054 things that use a satellite (all of which work) so we must conclude that humans know how to put a satellite in orbit.  here are a few: xm radio, DBS (tv via direct broadcast by satellite), oceanographers use them to track surface marine life, astronomers use them (come on, we all know thats true), and surveillance

Just because the names include the word "Satellite", doesn't mean they're actually being broadcast from satellites.

?

flatbiker0

« Reply #239 on: November 14, 2006, 09:43:07 AM »
Quote from: "6strings"
No.  It appears to be a rock.  Since we haven't actually been there, we have no way of knowing whether it is a rock, or if it simply looks lik one.

And this:
You can see the moon during daylight even sometimes, it's just faint because it is so bright out.

supports neither claim in any substantial way.

how can you know it is made of rock??? well it is like this, everything except black colored things reflect light, and every element reflects a different kind of light, so that`s how we know what`s the moon made of, elements that are not able emanate light!