Poll

What is the closest estimation of your opinion on the chemtrail phenomenom?

Chemtrails are just harmless jet fuel coming out of the back of aeroplanes.
3 (50%)
Chemtrails contain dangerous chemicals, but they aren't spread maliciously, just as a by-product of air travel.
2 (33.3%)
Certain businesses or governments maliciously dispense harmful chemicals into the atmosphere for whatever reason.
0 (0%)
The Chemtrail conspiracy is worldwide - all world governments and industries actively conceal the malevolent or esoteric nature of chemtrails.
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: July 13, 2006, 04:56:05 PM

Chemtrails

• 5 Replies

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Chemtrails
« on: July 13, 2006, 04:56:05 PM »
What's your opinion on this issue of conspiracy-theorist controversy? Do they exist? What's in them and why are they being pumped into the atmosphere?

I'll get a bit of feedback and then possibly post my hypothesis.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
Chemtrails
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 05:06:27 PM »
After looking at a few websites on chemtrails, I don't really see any reason to believe that they are not merely contrails.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Chemtrails
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 05:08:03 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
After looking at a few websites on chemtrails, I don't really see any reason to believe that they are not merely contrails.

Why can I only see the phenomenom on certain planes? Some planes seem to fly overheard without producing long-lasting white trails of chemical, whereas some do.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
Chemtrails
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 05:10:48 PM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"
Why can I only see the phenomenom on certain planes? Some planes seem to fly overheard without producing long-lasting white trails of chemical, whereas some do.

Don't you mean to say, "Some planes seem to fly overhead without producing long-lasting white trails, whereas others do?"  Including the "of chemicals" part is begging the question.

If it's just contrails, then whether or not they occur is related to air pressure, humidity, temperature, and temperature of the aircraft that's passing through.  Not all aircraft produce contrails all the time.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Chemtrails
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"

Don't you mean to say, "Some planes seem to fly overhead without producing long-lasting white trails, whereas others do?"  Including the "of chemicals" part is begging the question.

If it's just contrails, then whether or not they occur is related to air pressure, humidity, temperature, and temperature of the aircraft that's passing through.  Not all aircraft produce contrails all the time.

That seems like a reasonable explanation, I'll review my stance on the matter.

I'm always a little reluctant to trust information from the government and scientific community which told me the Earth was round, but there's no reason for a coverup here that I can see.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
Chemtrails
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 11:56:49 PM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"
I'm always a little reluctant to trust information from the government and scientific community which told me the Earth was round, but there's no reason for a coverup here that I can see.

On the other hand, if chemtrails are for real, then there's definitely cause for a coverup.

There are two important things to determine.  First: is there's any particularly good reason to link the problems allegedly caused by chemtrails -- e.g. increase in disease -- with the chemtrails themselves?  No study to this effect has taken place.

Second: how can you tell the difference between chemtrails and contrails?  No good decision algorithm is described.