spreading the FET

• 6 Replies

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
spreading the FET
« on: September 16, 2009, 08:40:53 PM »
When spreading the idea of the FET do you think it would be wiser to restrict who we teach and share our knowledge of the flat earth to? If we spread the idea too fast, many people might miscontrue our science or create nonsensical additions to the FET without any review or corrections from the FES community. "Facts" could be created unchecked and they would hurt the society. On the other hand, should we share FET unrestrictively in the spirit that everyone deserves the right to be presented with the evidence of a FE so that everyone therefore has a possibility of being enlightened with the truth of Earth's shape?
-Thoughts?
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Administrator
Re: spreading the FET
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 01:33:16 PM »
I'm not sure how I missed this topic, bit I just saw it now and decided 'better late than never'.

My belief is that we can only benefit from spreading FET and exposing more people to our ideas. The way I see it, amost every Flat Earth Believer was once a globularist, and the truth was the cure for their disease. Who knows how many other potentially brilliant Zetetic minds are out there, lying inert, needing only the waters of truth and the light of reason to awaken them?
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Tusk

• Official Member
  • Guidance is internal
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 07:15:17 PM »
My apologies for replying here but this is a subject that has bothered me for quite a while.

As you may,or may not, be aware I usually spend my time dicking about on the lower forums.

The  reason I steer clear of the upper forums is not through lack of interest but of an inability to argue and debate to a satisfactory level with those of a scientific background who inevitably will attack FET with grounded dogma about percieved facts in the established way of thinking.

I am not a geologist, physicist, scientist or indeed any kind of person educated in the make up and general condition of the universe and I have always believed that someone who argues badly for a viewpoint does more harm than someone who say's nothing at all.

However I do believe that more of an impact can be made by slow introduction rather than a full blown assault.

It may be necessary to employ small steps of comprehension rather than giant leaps of faith in order to ignite interest.

Once again sorry to but in.     
Hang on, I'll just check my personal care factor for this week : nope still don't give a fuck

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 08:06:51 PM »
However I do believe that more of an impact can be made by slow introduction rather than a full blown assault.

It may be necessary to employ small steps of comprehension rather than giant leaps of faith in order to ignite interest. 
This.

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 01:12:15 AM »
Spreading the word has never been my calling.  However, a slow approach is best.  Perhaps a lively discussion over some beers at a bar.
Quantum Ab Hoc

?

Secret User

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 05:04:24 PM »
I've always found that the best approach is to first introduce to people Charles K. Johnson's motto for FES. It's interesting and brings them in, and makes the conversation comfortable. The key is to have a conversational tone, and by that it doesn't really matter who one tells about FES, because if people aren't interested, they usually make it clear that they aren't. Having a conversational tone is also good, because if one is too intense about it, people just think they are crazy.
I vote for SecretUser as supreme overlord of TFES.

condemnant quod non intellegunt

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 02:33:49 PM »
I think Growing the FES would be best grown at the same rate a business grows, in that, when a business expands to fast it starts to collapse and to many issues arise.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!