Teens capture images of space with ?56 camera and balloon

• 57 Replies

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
Re: Teens capture images of space with ?56 camera and balloon
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 06:11:41 AM »
pretty interesting read

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5005022/Teens-capture-images-of-space-with-56-camera-and-balloon.html

Again... the FEers are going to tell you that it's all fake!

Not so. I see a photo of a flat disc with out of focus evidence of the ice wall.

At last, proof of FE.
My I.Q. is 85. Or was it 58?

W

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 12:21:49 PM »
Wasn't there a story just like this with different people just a few weeks ago?

Copycats.
If you say that the earth is flat, you are destroying centuries of evolution.

?

Dr Matrix

• In Soviet Russia, Matrix enters you!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 12:28:59 PM »
Another win for FE!
Quote from: Arthur Schopenhauer
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

W

?

clovis2

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 10:01:13 AM »
Where do the globularists/RE'ers get off saying that the photograph proves anything? Really it doen't. There are photographs of little space aliens that some people believed in that have been discredited. And look at the obviously fake "moon landing" photographs and poorly produced "telecast" back in 1969. A second grade class could make a better home made movie on with a video camera . The photograph proves nothing. Teenage prank more than likely pulled by juvenile delinquents.

W

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 12:34:34 PM »
I don't know, clovis. Although you're completely right that photographs don't prove anything, to me those photos look like they could very well be real, unphotoshopped pictures of the flat circular earth. Although they are framed suspiciously well, but that could be the result of taking a lot of photos and only showing the best few.

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 01:43:44 PM »
Haha, if some FEer can't do this themselves to prove to their own satisfaction that the horizon curves then it doesnt say much for the intellectual capacity of people who believe the earth is flat.

And I'm sure someone while whine that they don't have $150 to spare. Won't be pleased until its for free.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

W

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 04:00:32 PM »
Haha, if some FEer can't do this themselves to prove to their own satisfaction that the horizon curves then it doesnt say much for the intellectual capacity of people who believe the earth is flat.

And I'm sure someone while whine that they don't have $150 to spare. Won't be pleased until its for free.

No point in reinventing the wheel, as I always say.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 05:31:36 PM »
I don't know, clovis. Although you're completely right that photographs don't prove anything, to me those photos look like they could very well be real, unphotoshopped pictures of the flat circular earth. Although they are framed suspiciously well, but that could be the result of taking a lot of photos and only showing the best few.

Just like pictures of the round earth look like they could very well be real, unphotoshopped pictures of the round globular earth.

If you don't trust those, I don't see why you should trust these.
Recently listened to:

W

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »
I don't "trust" them. I'm just saying they aren't necessarily fake.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »
Nor are NASA's.
Recently listened to:

W

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 06:20:11 PM »
NASA's pictures are fake, because they show something that is not true.

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 06:23:04 PM »

You are fake, because you are saying something that is not true.
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Oh, for God's sake... ::)
Look out your window.
Quote from: Bl4ke360
http://i33.tinypic.com/350t5s8.jpg

Is this supposed to prove something here?
Quote from: Tom Bishop
Looks pretty flat to me.

W

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 06:25:49 PM »
You are fake, because you are saying something that is not true.

Not so.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 06:53:17 PM »
The Earth isn't necessarily flat.
Recently listened to:

W

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 08:14:32 PM »
The Earth isn't necessarily flat.

I think there is enough evidence that when combined with a dose of common sense and reason, the earth will be found to be quite flat.

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 12:46:50 AM »
How would you know?

You've made if blatently obvious that you have no common sense, and lack the abillity to apply reason.

Why is it, that if you think a photo shows a round earth, it's a fake, but if you think that somehow, you can twist it, with "bendy light" and other made up nonsense, to show a FE, all of a sudden, it might be a real picture?

You're not even a good troll.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 02:24:24 AM »
I was watching some film of early space flights a couple of days ago and there were views looking down at the earth from orbit (which the FE guys say can't be done). You could clearly see the perspective between the surface of the land and ocean and the clouds above changing, showing how they were at a higher altitude. You can't fake this sort of thing with a model, only with cGI type techniques, so how are the space programme guys supposed to have faked this footage? What methods did they use that even the best special effects folks never came up with?
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 05:11:12 AM »
I was watching some film of early space flights a couple of days ago and there were views looking down at the earth from orbit (which the FE guys say can't be done). You could clearly see the perspective between the surface of the land and ocean and the clouds above changing, showing how they were at a higher altitude. You can't fake this sort of thing with a model, only with cGI type techniques, so how are the space programme guys supposed to have faked this footage? What methods did they use that even the best special effects folks never came up with?

Don't bother. Some amazing feats of technology were attributed to the conspiracy. I've seen ideas like the ISS is a hologram, and that these holograms were placed there in WW2. Yet, the public doesn't have technology that even comes close to that now. And it's not only those pictures, see http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=32125.msg794993#msg794993.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 05:20:19 AM »
See, its things like that that make me thing the FE people are all doing this as a big wind up or some kind of social experiment. Because lots of them type too well to be thick enough to not understand how flimsy the case for a flat earth is and how solid the evidence is for a round one. (If I have understood the mindset of the wind up correctly, at this point one of them (probably W) will baldly state "there is no evidence for the earth being round".)
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

W

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 06:03:34 AM »
How would you know?

You've made if blatently obvious that you have no common sense, and lack the abillity to apply reason.

Resorting to ad hominems there, d00gz? I'm surprised at you. In any case, blatant insults (yes, that's right: blatant, not "blatent") have no place in the upper forums.

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 06:25:29 AM »
It wasn't an insult, it was my honest opinion of you.

I made a spelling mistake, you think the earth is flat. Which is the bigger error?

W

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 06:35:54 AM »
It wasn't an insult, it was my honest opinion of you.

In that case, my honest opinion of you is that you're a moron.

I made a spelling mistake, you think the earth is flat. Which is the bigger error?

The spelling mistake, because the earth is flat.

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 06:38:27 AM »
Whatever floats your boat.

?

ILikeToThink

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 03:58:27 PM »
All of you people that say we never went to the moon and the photos are fake need to watch the MythBusters episode on it

W

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 06:11:43 PM »
All of you people that say we never went to the moon and the photos are fake need to watch the MythBusters episode on it

Thanks for the recommendation, I will check check check check it out.

?

Dr Matrix

• In Soviet Russia, Matrix enters you!
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 11:15:30 AM »
I would direct you REers out there to that main principle of this site - the Earth is flat, and if you feel differently then it's up to you to prove it.  We know the Earth is flat and have seen enough evidence to back up that claim - what do you have that can possibly prove that the Earth is not flat?
Quote from: Arthur Schopenhauer
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 11:38:22 AM »
I would direct you REers out there to that main principle of this site - the Earth is flat, and if you feel differently then it's up to you to prove it.  We know the Earth is flat and have seen enough evidence to back up that claim - what do you have that can possibly prove that the Earth is not flat?

Lots of pictures?
In FE Literature there are three celestial bodies that inhabit the sky. The Sun. The Moon. And the Shadow Object.
You have performed an illegal operation. Tom Bishop will now shut down, you will lose all unsaved arguments.