I am God

• 258 Replies
I am God
« Reply #240 on: January 06, 2007, 08:02:13 AM »
Quote from: "EnragedPenguin"
I fail to see the difference. You're saying that God is everything, therefore God is no longer a supernatural deity that created the universe, God is simply...The universe.

And for this reason he could absolutely not be a supernatural deity, because...?

There is no distinction between God and the universe, thus the word God has the same meaning as the word universe.

No. The universe is only part of God. God = the collective energy of the known Universe and everything beyond and inside of it.

You're wrong, anyways. The meaning of and definition of something are very different from eachother. If you take some clay and form it into a flower, you might say "Look! I've made a flower!". This does not, however, mean "clay" = "flower", or that you've actually made a flower. But you've made a flower, right?
You've simply changed the definition of the word God.

No, I haven't. I've made my own version of God, that is not the same as changing the actual word.

Here's a question for you: What word should I use instead of "God" in your opinion?..
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=2955.0

?

GeoGuy

I am God
« Reply #241 on: January 06, 2007, 08:33:49 AM »
Here's a quote from Dream of a Final Theory by Steven Weinberg which I think is appropriate to this discussion.

Some people have views of God that are so broad and flexible that it is inevitable that they will find God wherever they look for him.
One hears it said that 'God is the ultimate' or God is our better nature' or 'God is the universe.'
Of course, like any other word, the word 'God' can be given any meaning we like. If you want to say that 'God is energy,' then you can find God in a lump of coal.

Basically, if we don't want the word 'God' to become  completely useless we need to have a definition of the word which most everyone is in agreement on.

I am God
« Reply #242 on: January 06, 2007, 09:07:17 AM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"
Here's a quote from Dream of a Final Theory by Steven Weinberg which I think is appropriate to this discussion.

Some people have views of God that are so broad and flexible that it is inevitable that they will find God wherever they look for him.
One hears it said that 'God is the ultimate' or God is our better nature' or 'God is the universe.'
Of course, like any other word, the word 'God' can be given any meaning we like. If you want to say that 'God is energy,' then you can find God in a lump of coal.

Basically, if we don't want the word 'God' to become  completely useless we need to have a definition of the word which most everyone is in agreement on.

Bah....

Your problem is that the divine is undefinable, and you want to cram it into some Stuff Definition that you call God.

That may work for your religious views, but it does not for mine.  

I am a Pantheist, and saying God is everything, to me,
is like saying 1 = 1.  

Once you begin trying to define or describe the divine, you begin to mold it into an aspect, you can call it God, Jehovah, Zeus, Baal, Athena, Xargo, whatever but it is just one face of something with infinite sides.

No kidding, and the corollary is that some people have a definition of God that is so limiting, they can't find God anywhere.  I prefer the former over the latter.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
I am God
« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2007, 11:38:19 AM »
Quote from: "Xargo"

And for this reason he could absolutely not be a supernatural deity, because...?

Because the universe is not a supernatural deity.
The universe is only part of God. God = the collective energy of the known Universe and everything beyond and inside of it.

When I say universe I'm not talking about the known universe. There is no "outside the universe." The universe is everything that exists.
If you take some clay and form it into a flower, you might say "Look! I've made a flower!".

You might, but you'd be wrong. You haven't made a flower, you've made something resembling a flower.
Here's a question for you: What word should I use instead of "God" in your opinion?..

How about Nature?
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
I am God
« Reply #244 on: January 06, 2007, 10:19:06 PM »
You're wrong, anyways. The meaning of and definition of something are very different from eachother. If you take some clay and form it into a flower, you might say "Look! I've made a flower!". This does not, however, mean "clay" = "flower", or that you've actually made a flower. But you've made a flower, right?

It's a questions of referents.  The word "flower" simply refers to two different concepts: a biological flower, and an archetypical shape for a biological flower.  You are equivocating by using the two referents together.

No, I haven't. I've made my own version of God, that is not the same as changing the actual word.

Again, referents.  You're referring to something other than what other people are referring to when they say "God", which is basically what EnragedPenguin said you did.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

I am God
« Reply #245 on: January 07, 2007, 05:54:17 AM »
Because the universe is not a supernatural deity.

1. Who said it was? Universe is part of God. He is everything, so he is also that which is not.
2. Why could not the universe belong to a "supernatural" power?

When I say universe I'm not talking about the known universe. There is no "outside the universe." The universe is everything that exists.

If there is anything outside of the known universe, it's still part of God. If there is nothing outside the known universe, it makes little difference to the fact that God still is everything.

You might, but you'd be wrong. You haven't made a flower, you've made something resembling a flower.

So you, always fighting for the correct use of words, would not say that you've made a flower. You would say "Hey! Look! I've made something resembling a flower!"?

How about Nature?

Well, I'm not talking about Nature alone. If I would have posted "I am Nature", it wouldn't only have been the wrong choice of words, it would also result in people not understanding shit and not giving a fuck.

God is the collective energies of everything; The collective energies of everything, is God. Call me a pantheist if you wish.
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
I am God
« Reply #246 on: January 07, 2007, 11:29:39 AM »

1. Who said it was? Universe is part of God. He is everything, so he is also that which is not.
2. Why could not the universe belong to a "supernatural" power?

If there is anything outside of the known universe, it's still part of God. If there is nothing outside the known universe, it makes little difference to the fact that God still is everything.

Ok, is there a distinction between your version of God and the universe?

So you, always fighting for the correct use of words, would not say that you've made a flower. You would say "Hey! Look! I've made something resembling a flower!"?

I probably wouldn't, but no matter what I did say, that's what I'd mean.

Well, I'm not talking about Nature alone. If I would have posted "I am Nature", it wouldn't only have been the wrong choice of words, it would also result in people not understanding shit and not giving a frak.

Well your definition of God fits the definition of Nature perfectly. So regardless of whether or not you said it "I am Nature," with your definition of God it means the same thing. Thus people not giving a frak is exactly what I think they should do.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
I am God
« Reply #247 on: January 07, 2007, 02:17:33 PM »
Universe is part of God. He is everything, so he is also that which is not.

He is that which is not?  Is he a book that references all books that do not reference themselves?
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

I am God
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2007, 07:02:42 AM »

Saying "God is everything" is not the same as saying "The word 'God' means 'Everything'".

I fail to see the difference. You're saying that God is everything, therefore God is no longer a supernatural deity that created the universe, God is simply...The universe.
There is no distinction between God and the universe, thus the word God has the same meaning as the word universe. You've simply changed the definition of the word God.

Or, it means that the Universe is an expression of a supernatural Deity, and every act of cruelty, pollution, and waste is a desecration.

I am God
« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2007, 07:55:46 AM »
You guys are confusing the different historical meanings of the word god.  For one, a pantheist should probably say "god is everything" (meaning, literally, everything is god).  If you are a pantheist, or are using the word god transcendentally, you should not capitalize.  The word "God" is actually a specific character in many religious traditions (a god among gods).  When the pantheist says "god is everything and everything is god" he/she is saying that all properties of things in the universe are the divine.  Each individual one encounters ought to be treated respectfully, as if it were the divind one was encountering.

By the way, there's no difference between saying "the universe is everything" and "god is everything" because "the universe is god" and "god is the universe."  However, the pantheistic word for god can also be expressed by saying "I am god" or "this book is god" or "my dinner is god" whereas you cannot substitute the word god here with the word universe.
ooyakasha!

I am God
« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2007, 05:27:57 PM »
I am me, in that all of these things that I percieve, my memory included, are incased within a frame of reference that is inherent only to myself.  I do not have the memories or experiences of others, and this distinguishes the 'I' from the 'we.'  I am not you, nor am I anyone else, I am I.

Now, why are you 'God?'
quot;Pleasure for man, is not a luxury, but a profound psychological need."
-Nathaniel Branden

I am God
« Reply #251 on: January 09, 2007, 04:05:42 AM »
Ok, is there a distinction between your version of God and the universe?

I'll tell you one last time: Universe is part of God. Not "Universe = God".

I probably wouldn't, but no matter what I did say, that's what I'd mean.

Yeah, but it sound a hell lot of better when you say you've made a "flower", yes?

Well your definition of God fits the definition of Nature perfectly.

Sure, in your world maybe, but in reality they're not the same thing. Nature is not a conscience - God is. Nature belongs to the collective energies, the universal - not inclining that God is the universe alone - conscience (God).
So regardless of whether or not you said it "I am Nature," with your definition of God it means the same thing. Thus people not giving a frak is exactly what I think they should do.

I wouldn't write "I am nature"  since it's the wrong use of words, period.

Quote from: "Erasmus"

He is that which is not?  Is he a book that references all books that do not reference themselves?

What I meant was that he is that which is, which isn't, which could be, which cannot be, which will become, which has ever been and which will ever be. He is your imagination (not meaning he is imaginative or that he is imagination alone) as well as he is reality (not meaning "God = reality").

Quote from: "Knight"
By the way, there's no difference between saying "the universe is everything" and "god is everything" because "the universe is god" and "god is the universe."  However, the pantheistic word for god can also be expressed by saying "I am god" or "this book is god" or "my dinner is god" whereas you cannot substitute the word god here with the word universe.

I'm not a pantheist, though I share some of the same beliefs. I believe that God is everything, however, I do not believe that he is unconscious. Everything is the form of God - that is, his conscience, or the "Collective Energies of Everything". I wouldn't say a book is God, I'd say it belongs to God, to his form and his limitless conscience.

(Believing that God is Everything rather than seperated from his creation seems more rational to me than other religions.)

Quote from: "Astantia"
I am me, in that all of these things that I percieve, my memory included, are incased within a frame of reference that is inherent only to myself.  I do not have the memories or experiences of others, and this distinguishes the 'I' from the 'we.'  I am not you, nor am I anyone else, I am I.

You're you. lol.
Quote from: "Astantia"

Now, why are you 'God?'

I'm not, I'm assuming his role to explain how I think he is like.

Here's fuel for the conversation btw:
Good/right or evil/wrong does not exist; there is only good/right in different perspectives. Hitler fought for what he thought was the right thing, just as anyone does. Did he end up in hell?

midgard

I am God
« Reply #252 on: January 09, 2007, 04:47:13 AM »
I am the 10th Dimension. Prove me wrong, I dare you.

Sanirius

• ~rawr~
I am God
« Reply #253 on: January 09, 2007, 06:58:16 AM »
Quote from: "midgard"

cool, who's the 9th?

I am God
« Reply #254 on: January 09, 2007, 10:23:48 AM »
Quote from: "midgard"

Wasn't that an old rock group?...or was that the fourth?

I am God
« Reply #255 on: January 09, 2007, 01:00:41 PM »
Quote from: "Aralith"
Well, if you were God, you would most certainly not show yourself, because the very nature of God is ambiguous and he wishes that he be trusted on faith more than on physical evidence. Though more physical evidence does come in that supports the claims of the Bible (at least in a historical sense), there is still quite a bit about a religion that requires faith. In this manner, I have proved that you are not God, just by the very fact that you would make a statement claiming that you are. So there, I have disproved your godliness.

yes. the true messiah denies his devinity. nobody is perfect, i am nobody, therefore i am perfect. I say I am not god, therefore i must be god.
Worship me infidels!!! :twisted:
ome over to the conspiracy, We have cookies.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
I am God
« Reply #256 on: January 23, 2007, 11:46:09 PM »
Quote from: "Desbun01"
Check my blog:
http://jayna-blog.info/

...  Someone wanna IP ban this bastard?

?

Nomad

• Official Member
I am God
« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2007, 08:48:30 AM »
Who the hell would want to be god?  I mean, shit.  Just playing Black & White has me pulling my hair out.

Quote from: "Black & White"
WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!! WE NEED FOOD!  WE NEED SLEEP!  WE NEED TO BREED!  WE NEED HOMES!!

You need to shut the hell up before I start using you all for lightning target practice!
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
I am God
« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2007, 08:55:38 AM »
Quote from: "Nightreaper"
yes. the true messiah denies his devinity. nobody is perfect, i am nobody, therefore i am perfect. I say I am not god, therefore i must be god.
Worship me infidels!!! :twisted:

Stop it or you will make the Pudding God angry.