• 258 Replies
?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
I am God
« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2007, 02:50:05 PM »
Quote from: "Xargo"

Why? Does that ruin the concept?

It doesn't ruin it, it just makes it kind of pointless. For example: from this moment forth I define a "Genius" as someone having "EnragedPenguin" for their username on an internet forum. According to my new, better definition, I am now a genius. Sadly, this does not mean I am:
    *Someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and originality.
    *Someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field.
    *Someone with exceptional creative ability.
    *A person with distinguished mental prowess.
    *A foremost intellect.

All it means is that I've changed the meaning of the word "genius" to something completely different than its previous meaning.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

I am God
« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2007, 06:28:31 PM »
Quote from: "EnragedPenguin"
What's the point in having a concept of God if you're going to say God is everything?

What is the point of believing that we are all linked in a spiritual way?
What is the point of beleiving that whae we are destroying our world we are commiting blasphemy?
What is the point of believing that we are a part of something much bigger than ourselves?

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
I am God
« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2007, 07:01:54 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"
So, you are saying that everything in my near vicinity, including this coffee mug, is part of you?  It's part of God, so it must be part of you.

You're getting the hang of it, Erasmus!

That's good to hear, because in fact there is no coffee mug in my near vicinity.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

?

Nomad

• Official Member
I am God
« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2007, 07:38:17 PM »
So, you are saying that everything in my near vicinity, including this coffee mug, is part of you?  It's part of God, so it must be part of you.

You're getting the hang of it, Erasmus!

That's good to hear, because in fact there is no coffee mug in my near vicinity.

I saw that coming.  Maybe we're linked spiritually.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
I am God
« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2007, 10:31:18 PM »
Quote from: "thedigitalnomad"

Curiously, it would seem that God did not see it coming.  They just don't make Gods like they used to...

skeptical scientist

• -2 Flamebait
I am God
« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2007, 11:39:32 PM »

Curiously, it would seem that God did not see it coming.  They just don't make Gods like they used to...

No no no Erasmus! Xargo, being an omnipresent god, just takes a much wider view of "near" than you do. Presumably for a being who exists throughout the universe, two objects on a planet together are most definitely near each other, since planets are, relatively speaking, tiny!

(Sweet! Now I have, on these forums, referred to molecules as large and planets as tiny! And made perfect sense both times!)
-David
E pur si muove!

midgard

I am God
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2007, 02:53:59 AM »

Quote from: "midgard"
Does that mean we can hurt you by breaking stuff around us?

You're trying to tell me God cannot feel pain?

No I was asking you if it is possible. If we break something around us do you feel pain?

I am God
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2007, 09:00:33 AM »

I never said you had a coffee mug in your vicinity either, Erasmus.

Quote from: "skeptical scientist"
No no no Erasmus! Xargo, being an omnipresent god, just takes a much wider view of "near" than you do. Presumably for a being who exists throughout the universe, two objects on a planet together are most definitely near each other, since planets are, relatively speaking, tiny!

Good point, too.

No I was asking you if it is possible. If we break something around us do you feel pain?

You mean, like breaking a glass? My question to you is: Why would such an act inflict pain upon God?

All it means is that I've changed the meaning of the word "genius" to something completely different than its previous meaning.

... Yes.

Quote from: "GeoGuy"
Yes.

I guess that means that, according to you, the majority of people uses the wrong terms for a lot of things. Must be hard for you to take part in a regular conversation then, Geo.

That does not make them correct. Words have specific definitions for a reason.

Pussy is another word for penguin, and another word for cat. There can be several definitions of a word, even if they're not officially recorded in a wordbook.

:shock: I'm sorry?

You oughta be.  :x
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=2955.0

midgard

I am God
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2007, 09:07:02 AM »
You mean, like breaking a glass? My question to you is: Why would such an act inflict pain upon God?

So is that a no?

What about if I tread on somebody's foot really hard? They experience pain, does that mean you will too?

I am God
« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2007, 09:10:58 AM »
So is that a no?

Breaking a glass is simply changing one form into another.

What about if I tread on somebody's foot really hard? They experience pain, does that mean you will too?

Of course God would feel it, as he is everything and thus your emotions too.
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

midgard

I am God
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2007, 09:11:54 AM »
Of course God would feel it, as he is everything and thus your emotions too.

And you're God right?

I am God
« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2007, 09:15:01 AM »
And you're God right?

Why? Do you doubt me?  :x I'll send you to hell!

?

Nomad

• Official Member
I am God
« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2007, 09:17:45 AM »
There's a challenge I'm more than willing to take!  Send me to hell, and I will no longer doubt your omnipotence.  I will then reside in the lake of fire, tortured for all eternity--but I will have had peace of mind.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

I am God
« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2007, 09:25:22 AM »
There's a challenge I'm more than willing to take!  Send me to hell, and I will no longer doubt your omnipotence.  I will then reside in the lake of fire, tortured for all eternity--but I will have had peace of mind.

It was a joke. :( Hell does not exist, nor does evil or sin. Also, I repeat: It's not necessary for you to believe in God.

midgard

I am God
« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2007, 09:39:26 AM »
So if I go and hurt somebody, it'll hurt God and as you are God it will hurt you and you will know about it. Is that correct?

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
I am God
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2007, 09:43:45 AM »
I'm about to go hurt God by punching the person next to me.

I am God
« Reply #226 on: January 04, 2007, 10:59:27 AM »
So if I go and hurt somebody, it'll hurt God and as you are God it will hurt you and you will know about it. Is that correct?

But with the number of people dieing and being hurt everyday, why should your action stand out to God?everyday, why

I am God
« Reply #227 on: January 04, 2007, 11:42:49 AM »

It will hurt God, but not in human measurments. If you kill a human, it doesn't mean you kill God.
Quote from: "Masterchief2219"
I'm about to go hurt God by punching the person next to me.

You sure have some brains.

I am God
« Reply #228 on: January 04, 2007, 06:41:50 PM »
Let me try something a little different:

Why are you God?
quot;Pleasure for man, is not a luxury, but a profound psychological need."
-Nathaniel Branden

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
I am God
« Reply #229 on: January 04, 2007, 06:53:18 PM »
You sure have some brains.

He hit me back. That means you were punched twice because of me. :lol:

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
I am God
« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2007, 12:21:10 AM »
Quote from: "skeptical scientist"
No no no Erasmus! Xargo, being an omnipresent god, just takes a much wider view of "near" than you do.

Are you saying God/Xargo is limited in that he cannot view the universe on the same scale on which I view it?  or that he cannot tell what scale I am referring to when I say, "near"?

I never said you had a coffee mug in your vicinity either, Erasmus.

You declared me to be getting the hang of it, which, your being God, must be true, and adequately serves to answer my question in the affirmative.  Either you were wrong that I was getting the hang of it, or you were wrong in believing that there was a coffee mug in my near vicinity.  Either way, you are not God.

midgard

I am God
« Reply #231 on: January 05, 2007, 03:58:23 AM »
Quote from: "Curious"
But with the number of people dieing and being hurt everyday, why should your action stand out to God?everyday, why

I'm not suggesting that it would stand out more than any other hurt that is felt. Are you suggesting that Xargo would not be able to recognise it? Are you suggesting Xargo just knows there is pain happening but can't recognise it independantly? Would this be like if you got hurt and you just recognised pain in your mind but didn't know where it was coming from (e.g. knee, shoulder, head)?

I am God
« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2007, 06:20:21 AM »
Are you saying God/Xargo is limited in that he cannot view the universe on the same scale on which I view it?  or that he cannot tell what scale I am referring to when I say, "near"?

What gives you these crazy ideas, Erasmus? No, really..? Who says God couldn't do any of those things? You assume this because you have never seen, heard or felt him do it?

You declared me to be getting the hang of it, which, your being God, must be true, and adequately serves to answer my question in the affirmative.

No, I was trying to cheer you up, Erasmus.
Either you were wrong that I was getting the hang of it, or you were wrong in believing that there was a coffee mug in my near vicinity.

As I said, I was just trying to cheer you up by telling you that you we're getting the hang of it, and about the coffee cup I never really considered if there was a coffee cup in your near vicinity or not as it was really rather irrelevant to the point you we're attempting to make.
Either way, you are not God.

Yeah, I guess you just proved that! :roll:

Edit: Even if you have not proved anything yet, Erasmus, I'll admit that it's much easier to explain what God is like by taking the role of being him, instead of just talking of him. Satisfied?
Quote from: "Astantia"

Why are you God?

Why are you you?

Sanirius

• ~rawr~
I am God
« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2007, 06:37:32 AM »
Quote from: "Cinlef"
Ah but those had names other than simply GOd. He'd then have said something like I am Neptune Lord of the Waters (as seen in Don Quixote)
An amused
Cinlef

Hmm... why didn't he say "I am Jehovah, true Patriarch of the Israelites", or at least, "I am who am" or something equally cryptic?

Maybe God is trying to be modern...?

I am God
« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2007, 09:15:57 AM »
Quote from: "Curious"

I'm not suggesting that it would stand out more than any other hurt that is felt. Are you suggesting that Xargo would not be able to recognise it? Are you suggesting Xargo just knows there is pain happening but can't recognise it independantly? Would this be like if you got hurt and you just recognised pain in your mind but didn't know where it was coming from (e.g. knee, shoulder, head)?

Not a question of ability, but of desire.  Assuming that Xargo is a God, and omnicient,  and we are all a part of Him, does not he needs to acknowlege the discomfort of one individual, any more than you acknowlege the death of a cell in your body.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
I am God
« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2007, 09:34:25 AM »

... Yes.

So like I said, it's pointless. What you're saying is "I'm God and you can't prove I'm not because I define the word "god" to mean anything I want it to."
Whatever. I'm a genius. Yay me.

I am God
« Reply #236 on: January 06, 2007, 04:57:10 AM »
So like I said, it's pointless. What you're saying is "I'm God and you can't prove I'm not because I define the word "god" to mean anything I want it to."
Whatever. I'm a genius. Yay me.

I'm not defining the word, I'm defining the "object" behind it. One flower isn't identical to another flower just because you would use the same word when you speak of them.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
I am God
« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2007, 06:52:03 AM »
I'm not defining the word, I'm defining the "object" behind it. One flower isn't identical to another flower just because you would use the same word when you speak of them.

Calling a rock a flower does not make it a flower. You've just redefined the word 'rock'.
You've redefined the word God to indicate a set that includes you, and are now claiming to be God. But you aren't. You're still a rock, you're just calling yourself a flower.

I am God
« Reply #238 on: January 06, 2007, 07:02:56 AM »
Calling a rock a flower does not make it a flower. You've just redefined the word 'rock'.

No, this is not at all the same thing. I'm not defining the word, I'm defining the thing, and I've never said God is anything but God. Saying "God is everything" is not the same as saying "The word 'God' means 'Everything'".

You've redefined the word God to indicate a set that includes you, and are now claiming to be God. But you aren't. You're still a rock, you're just calling yourself a flower.

As I did write to Erasmus, it's easier to explain God if you take the role of being him, rather than speaking of him.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
I am God
« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2007, 07:23:31 AM »

Saying "God is everything" is not the same as saying "The word 'God' means 'Everything'".

I fail to see the difference. You're saying that God is everything, therefore God is no longer a supernatural deity that created the universe, God is simply...The universe.
There is no distinction between God and the universe, thus the word God has the same meaning as the word universe. You've simply changed the definition of the word God.