I am God

• 258 Replies
I am God
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2006, 07:13:37 PM »
dude, you have NO idea how much madness you are missing out on from a non religious backround. i am telling you, the very existance of religion itself is proof that the whole world is around the twist. religion is both the greatist joke, and the greatist tragedy of our (possibly round, possibly hollow cube) world.
but i tell ya one thing, religion is a great source of inspiration for artistic themes!!!
he truth is out there.
but this place is even more out there!!!!

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
I am God
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2006, 07:21:39 PM »
Quote from: "irishlostboy"
dude, you have NO idea how much madness you are missing out on from a non religious backround. i am telling you, the very existance of religion itself is proof that the whole world is around the twist. religion is both the greatist joke, and the greatist tragedy of our (possibly round, possibly hollow cube) world.
but i tell ya one thing, religion is a great source of inspiration for artistic themes!!!

Well, I have some idea, I had religious friends at school (who we [regretfully now] gave a really hard time about it). I've always maintained that the morals and values religion teaches are spot on (on the whole - obvious exceptions such as Gays) but the methods are more the questionable.

I am God
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 07:28:49 PM »
oh, the methods of any organisation or group are always questionable. mainly due to the need to feel superior.
the basic underlieng principle behind "christianity" is "be as good as you can be". the rest is fluff and window dressing.
we all have regrets over how we treated people when we were young (or sometimes not so young) its good to realise you were wrong, and to make a consious effort to improve.
 to my mind, most of "religion" is nothing more than traditional hatred honed into a weapon to use against others for the raising of ones ego through the sense of superiority.
of course i am biased, as i have never actually seen any of the "goodness" or "love for your fello man" they go on about.
he truth is out there.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
I am God
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2006, 07:33:47 PM »
oh, the methods of any organisation or group are always questionable. mainly due to the need to feel superior.

The ones that annoy me the most are the humanitarian aid foundations that won't help the 3rd world civillians unless they convert to whichever religion they're flogging while they're over there (I won't name any specifically, because there' more than one and which one it is isn't the point). That just seems so ridiculous I can hardly believe it.

I sponsor a South American guy (seems pretty funny :)) but I made sure to get a non-religous foundation. I don't see how converting or accepting religion should be a pre-requisite for humanatarian aid.

I am God
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2006, 07:40:17 PM »
in this day and age, charity is a business. and humanitarian aid is nothing more than another tool to leverage power over others. charity makes a great business by giving people the option to ignore the harm they are responsible for and sooth their consience. its the age old mentality that you can throw money at a problem and it will go away. of course the vast majority of registered charities are a pure con, and i have nothing to do with them. when i give charity (which is rarely) i make sure that the money/good/services, are getting to where they need to go.
just remember religion is just power by another name.
he truth is out there.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
I am God
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2006, 07:46:14 PM »
in this day and age, charity is a business. and humanitarian aid is nothing more than another tool to leverage power over others. charity makes a great business by giving people the option to ignore the harm they are responsible for and sooth their consience. its the age old mentality that you can throw money at a problem and it will go away. of course the vast majority of registered charities are a pure con, and i have nothing to do with them. when i give charity (which is rarely) i make sure that the money/good/services, are getting to where they need to go.
just remember religion is just power by another name.

Agreed. And for these poor people that need the aid, this is the only option they have for survival... Religion should never be forced upon a person. it seems to me (but I could be wrong) that it's the opposite of what religion is about. There should be no forcing of religion (Yes, I'm aware of historical cases)

I am God
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2006, 07:51:26 PM »
history is the creation of the powerful. i.e. religious. religion and helping people are not mutually inclusive, nor are they mutually exclusive. its all to easy to take a poler stance, either for or against religion (and just about anything else) but fir me, i find the best solution to be "learn the truth about something to the best of your abilities, then throw it all away and walk your own path, because as soon as you surrender your will to another persons oppinion, you let them have power over you.
that my oppinion anyway
he truth is out there.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
I am God
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2006, 07:58:32 PM »
history is the creation of the powerful. i.e. religious. religion and helping people are not mutually inclusive, nor are they mutually exclusive. its all to easy to take a poler stance, either for or against religion (and just about anything else) but fir me, i find the best solution to be "learn the truth about something to the best of your abilities, then throw it all away and walk your own path, because as soon as you surrender your will to another persons oppinion, you let them have power over you.
that my oppinion anyway

That's effectively my opinion, but unfortunately I don't believe that I'll find an answer until my final day(s) on Earth. Not to say that you won't, or already haven't - but I don't believe I will.

I am God
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2006, 08:33:24 PM »
i seek no answers. i only do the best i can, and desire nothing more than a little warmth and love. the big questions and answers might be fun to play with, but taken seriously offer no help at all.
he truth is out there.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
I am God
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2006, 08:40:29 PM »
i seek no answers. i only do the best i can, and desire nothing more than a little warmth and love. the big questions and answers might be fun to play with, but taken seriously offer no help at all.

If you take the big Q&A's too seriously, they actually give you reverse help. The Russian Revolution, The Cold War, Israel/Palestine - a lot of the world's conflict and man-made suffering comes from taking big ideas far too seriously.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

I am God
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2006, 08:57:17 PM »
lmao!!!! i never thought being raised in a religious country would give me an informitave advantage but, ..........
no. holy ghost refers long before christ. old testiment stuff. something about painting lanbs blood on your door, and the holy ghost wont kill your kids. sound even madder than some of the stuff on this forum doesn't it?

That's wrong.

God the Father- The manifestation of God, what we were estranged to.
God the son- The physical manifestation of God.
God the Holy Spirit (ghost) - The manifestation in those that believe.

That is how it works.

To the topic creator- Can you make a stone SO heavy, that you yourself cannot lift it?
 belive this site to be a hoax. But belief is irrelevant in science so the debate goes on.

I am God
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2006, 09:04:51 PM »
Quote from: "CrimsonKing"
The Father
The Son
The holy spirit

the trinity

The father created the son, and his will is carried out by his holy spirit.

Well, acording to John chapter 1, the father and the son both existed at the creation of the world. He was just incarnated several billion years later.

And if you are God, then make a donut appear on my table right now.
size=18] I'm Hungry[/size]

I am God
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2006, 09:13:15 PM »
reverse-help. thats a wonderful way of putting it :)
he truth is out there.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
I am God
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2006, 09:21:11 PM »
Quote from: "Yourworstnightmare"
Quote from: "CrimsonKing"
The Father
The Son
The holy spirit

the trinity

The father created the son, and his will is carried out by his holy spirit.

Well, acording to John chapter 1, the father and the son both existed at the creation of the world. He was just incarnated several billion years later.

And if you are God, then make a donut appear on my table right now.

Are these not the alta-matums (sorry for spelling) that people pose the other (more widely know ;)) Gods that they are not supposed to? Something about never demand anything of thy god?

I am God
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2006, 09:31:38 PM »
Quote from: "Rick_James"

Are these not the alta-matums (sorry for spelling) that people pose the other (more widely know ;)) Gods that they are not supposed to? Something about never demand anything of thy god?

I'm not really sure what your saying. Christianity has no problem with asking God for help. Of course, I wouldn't actually ask God for a donut.

Which, by the way, has not apeared on my table. I guess your not God.

I am God
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2006, 09:33:36 PM »

I'm not really sure what your saying. Christianity has no problem with asking God for help. Of course, I wouldn't actually ask God for a donut.

I think he meant.
"It is written- Do not test the lord your God"
Of course the thread starter said "Prove it" So...
 belive this site to be a hoax. But belief is irrelevant in science so the debate goes on.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
I am God
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2006, 09:42:34 PM »
Quote from: "lunarlense"

I think he meant.
"It is written- Do not test the lord your God"
Of course the thread starter said "Prove it" So...

Thanks lunar, that's what I meant.

But I guess Xargo-God brought the test upon himself by challenging us to prove it:D

I am God
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2006, 09:43:44 PM »
Ergo, he is stupid.

(I said Ergo, am I god?)
quot;Pleasure for man, is not a luxury, but a profound psychological need."
-Nathaniel Branden

I am God
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2006, 09:45:17 PM »
Thats another good point, If you were really God,  you would have told me not to test you.

?

Ubuntu

I am God
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2006, 11:06:56 PM »
I expected so much more from you guys. Christianity doesn't have the final word on God.

God is a general notion, usually entailing omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence, or even simply extreme power.

The teachings of Christianity have no relevance to Xargo's challenge. He didn't even make clear what "God" is. This task would only be possible if he made a detailed description of what "God" is and were not allowed to change his description; we could start proving things.

If you ask your friend for $50 and he refuses (he could be broke, he could think you are a freeloader) does that mean he doesn't exist? Just because God doesn't create a donut on your desk doesn't mean he doesn't exist. He might not want you to order him around.

Xargo cannot be proven wrong. He is commanding the might of sohpistry. Run while you still can.  :wink:

?

Ubuntu

I am God
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2006, 11:09:30 PM »
I don't believe that I'll find an answer until my final day(s) on Earth. Not to say that you won't, or already haven't - but I don't believe I will.

What's the question?

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
I am God
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2006, 11:16:30 PM »
Meh... there was context.. .read the post. I think the general idea was waht isn't the question?

I am God
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2006, 11:17:59 PM »
Quote from: "Ubuntu"
I expected so much more from you guys. Christianity doesn't have the final word on God.

God is a general notion, usually entailing omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence, or even simply extreme power.

The teachings of Christianity have no relevance to Xargo's challenge. He didn't even make clear what "God" is. This task would only be possible if he made a detailed description of what "God" is and were not allowed to change his description; we could start proving things.

If you ask your friend for $50 and he refuses (he could be broke, he could think you are a freeloader) does that mean he doesn't exist? Just because God doesn't create a donut on your desk doesn't mean he doesn't exist. He might not want you to order him around.

Xargo cannot be proven wrong. He is commanding the might of sohpistry. Run while you still can.  :wink:

What about my Rock question? The omnipotence paradox.

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
I am God
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2006, 11:23:04 PM »
the cake is a lie

I am God
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2006, 11:29:11 PM »
There is a flaw in that site’s logic. They assume that for a prayer to be “answered” the outcome must what the prayer asked for. What if God “answers” it in a different way?

I am God
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2006, 09:31:21 AM »
1|= Y0|_| 7|-|1|\||< 7|-|@7 |-|3 1$ G0|) 7|-|3|\| Y0|_| @|\3 @ |\|00|8

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
I am God
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2006, 09:32:43 AM »
That's not a flaw in the site's logic, that's just an example of cherry-picking Christian apologetics.
the cake is a lie

I am God
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2006, 09:59:57 AM »
Quote from: "lunarlense"
There is a flaw in that site’s logic. They assume that for a prayer to be “answered” the outcome must what the prayer asked for. What if God “answers” it in a different way?

you ask god for one thing, and he gives you something else?
incompetant wanker.
tf?

I am God
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2006, 10:10:41 AM »
If you ask him for a million dollars, should he give that do you?  if he gave everyone everything they wanted, what's the point of anything?

I am God
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2006, 10:27:40 AM »
Quote from: "n00bian"
If you ask him for a million dollars, should he give that do you?  if he gave everyone everything they wanted, what's the point of anything?

what happened to all the "teh erth iz rawnd noobs"? u gon all siriouse, i dun lik it
tf?