FE Logic

• 13 Replies
FE Logic
« on: July 11, 2006, 03:21:58 AM »
Just to give REers an idea of what we are up against:

FE Logic Example:

REer; What makes you think the NASA pics are fake?

FEer; Because the Earth is flat, therefore anything that shows otherwise is part of the conspiracy.

Now to use FE Logic against FEers:

The Earth is round because it is. The NASA pics are real. The sun is not 32 miles in diameter, it is billions of miles wide. It is not 3,000 miles away. It is billions of miles away. The moon reflects light of the sun, it is not a spotlight, it is not 32 miles in diameter. There is no ice wall, Antartica exists. Sattelites exist. Gravity exists.

How do I know all this? Because I am not a complete retard.
quote="Dogplatter"]
Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.  [/quote]

LOL

Re: FE Logic
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 04:45:27 PM »
Quote from: "Yardstick2006"
Just to give REers an idea of what we are up against:

FE Logic Example:

REer; What makes you think the NASA pics are fake?

FEer; Because the Earth is flat, therefore anything that shows otherwise is part of the conspiracy.

Now to use FE Logic against FEers:

The Earth is round because it is. The NASA pics are real. The sun is not 32 miles in diameter, it is billions of miles wide. It is not 3,000 miles away. It is millions of miles away. The moon reflects light of the sun, it is not a spotlight, it is not 32 miles in diameter. There is no ice wall, Antartica exists. Sattelites exist. Gravity exists.

You've basically stated the reason why we come to conclusions.  I don't believe you understand that you simply posted something we already know and it really doesn't change anything.

Because FE'ers obviously believe in a flat Earth, the promotion of round Earth information is obviously misinformation.  However, because RE'ers obviously believe in a round Earth, the promotion of round Earth information is clearly not misinformation.

Its not "logic" confined to a group; its how we come to conclusions.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 05:32:30 PM »

it is billions of miles wide. It is not 3,000 miles away. It is millions of miles away.

This statement right here proves your argument as false.  If the sun was billions of miles wide but only millions of miles away, the Earth would be on fire and we would all be dead.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 05:44:39 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"

it is billions of miles wide. It is not 3,000 miles away. It is millions of miles away.

This statement right here proves your argument as false.  If the sun was billions of miles wide but only millions of miles away, the Earth would be on fire and we would all be dead.

He exagerrated... or something. The sun is a mere 2.7 million miles in circumference, 870,000 in diameter. At a distance of 91 million miles from the earth (so you could squeeze nearly 105 extra suns between the earth and the sun), it makes sense that all I get is an annoying (and rather painful) sunburn.
'm not a flat earther. I just play one on TV.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 05:47:58 PM »
Quote from: "jitterbug"

He exagerrated... or something.

He said this:

I guess he is a complete retard, and so the rest of his statements must be taken with a grain of salt...

-- Bob Hudson

FE Logic
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 06:09:11 PM »
There's already a term for this.

See also: Begging the question.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 12:56:33 AM »
Quote from: "Admiral Douchebag"

He said this:

I guess he is a complete retard, and so the rest of his statements must be taken with a grain of salt...

As apposed to your theorey, which I take with a fucking bucket load of the stuff.
quote="Dogplatter"]
Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.  [/quote]

LOL

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
FE Logic
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 12:59:34 AM »
A bucket has been provided for such material here  :wink: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3176

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 03:18:05 AM »
The sun is not 32 miles in diameter, it is billions of miles wide...

huh?

FE Logic
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 03:26:27 PM »
FE vs RE, logic vs science. Heh.
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=2955.0

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 03:39:29 PM »
Quote from: "Admiral Douchebag"

He said this:

I just noticed what you did to the quote...Quite funny.  Anyway, Admiral Douchebag says your edited post is still wrong.

-- Bob Hudson

FE Logic
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 05:39:47 AM »
FE logic? FE logic?! FE LOGIC?! You mean, that kind of thing exists, because the last time I checked, it took more blind faith to believe in a flat earth than God. Man, FE logic. I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron.
 am a round-earther traversing this site to disprove false claims and bring the light of science to those who remain in the dark without it. Thank you for your time.

FE Logic
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 06:49:03 AM »
Quote from: "Aralith"
FE logic? FE logic?! FE LOGIC?! You mean, that kind of thing exists, because the last time I checked, it took more blind faith to believe in a flat earth than God. Man, FE logic. I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron.

FE logic is a government conspiracy.
color=orange]When my life is over and my time has come to pass, I hope they bury me upside down so the world can kiss my ass.[/color]

FE Logic
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 07:33:24 AM »
Quote from: "Mr Hanky"
Quote from: "Aralith"

FE logic is a government conspiracy.

Indeed it is.
 am a round-earther traversing this site to disprove false claims and bring the light of science to those who remain in the dark without it. Thank you for your time.