Poll

What is the best trained Elite Military Unit in the world?

Delta Force
2 (11.8%)
British SAS
8 (47.1%)
French GIGN
1 (5.9%)
Gurkhas
1 (5.9%)
Navy Seals
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: July 19, 2006, 11:24:49 PM

Military

• 91 Replies
?

quixotic

• Im a mushroomcloudlayin motherfucker, motherfucker
Military
« on: July 09, 2006, 11:24:49 PM »
Well?

Like...O M G ! ! ! He is, like, totally using the gun as like some kind of sexual weapon. O M G ! ! That is like, totally awesome! ! !

?

quixotic

Military
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 11:55:57 PM »
HAHAHHAHA its only you and me Engineer

Like...O M G ! ! ! He is, like, totally using the gun as like some kind of sexual weapon. O M G ! ! That is like, totally awesome! ! !

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Military
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 12:02:31 AM »
What did you expect?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

quixotic

Military
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 12:42:30 AM »
I don't know, some interest. But guess it proves my point as well. For a predominantly American site, no one seems to care, all too laxy to vote in poll....all too laxy to vote out Bush.

Military
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 12:45:01 AM »
honestly, does it really matter?
an vir

?

quixotic

Military
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 01:32:34 AM »
Has anyone even thought that perhaps im wondering if you guys can actually hold and argument outside of the Flat Earth Theory.

And to be honest with you...its all been worth it to here Engineer....hes the only one that has had anything to say....and now my work is done, I just wanted to know what Americans really thought...and Eng was the only one....of all the people that have included themselves, Eng is 4% of that group that cares.

So I now know that it wasn't a mistake that bush has a second term...im sorry for generalising, but for the purpose of this test im using this small percentage....

What do you Americans care about???

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Military
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 01:45:55 AM »
Quote from: "quixotic"

So I now know that it wasn't a mistake that bush has a second term...

I don't ever recall saying I voted for him.
im sorry for generalising

I doubt you are sorry, as this is all you do.

I care about the same things most other people care about, my family, my job and my country, among others.

-- Bob Hudson

?

quixotic

Military
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 02:04:15 AM »
You dont RECALL voting for him???

thats a bit vague...

then y do you (american public) not actually vote? What is the percentage of voters? like 50%?

Military
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 04:27:00 AM »
ummm the Israeli special special forces are generally accepted to be the best trained in the world, not just in simple training but also because they have a lot of battle field experience in very difficult situations (which is agian why the SAS is considered the second best due to the troubles in NI)

Anyway the American military is good at one thing, killing people. If you want an army annihilated, then there is no one better than the American military. However if you want a scalpel instead of a big fecking mallet i wouldn't use the US military. Did you know that during the invasion more British soldiers were killed by friendly fire from Americans than were killed by Iraqii forces?

So basically if i want to kill a lot of people i'll take the seals. If i want to rescue hostages i'll take the SAS, if i want to assissinate someoen i'll take Mossad.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
Military
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 04:30:28 AM »

?

Hellraider

Military
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 07:09:40 AM »
where is the german gsg9? I mean u cant create a poll if u forget important answers. no offence, tho.
But its kinda racist, dont u think? u leave them outa ur poll just because their history. man thats not nice. u better rethink ur attitude.

Have a n1ce week everybody, greetz Hellraider

Military
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 07:16:01 AM »
SEALS > All
img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/381/samuraichamplooie0.jpg[/img]
In Soviet Russia, Penguin makes You!

Military
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 07:42:08 AM »
I rather concur with Dr_Quak's conclusions.

I also have some books by Irish writer Gordon Thomas who seems to have a fair understanding of the intelligence organizations and special police forces of the major countries and their strengths and capabilities.

- Dionysios

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
Military
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 02:11:14 PM »
Quote from: "quixotic"
You dont RECALL voting for him???

Damn, you need to learn to read.  I said:
I don't ever recall saying I voted for him.

then y do you (american public) not actually vote?

I do vote, every time.
Israeli special special forces are generally accepted to be the best trained in the world

I will agree with this, I forgot about them.

-- Bob Hudson

?

quixotic

Military
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 04:05:37 PM »
But the Mossad cant b ecompared to these groups....thats the Israeli version of the CIA or the AIO. there more intelligence gathering organisations and espionage....not infantry fighting units.

Military
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 04:06:45 PM »
you forgot Spetsnaz.
img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/381/samuraichamplooie0.jpg[/img]
In Soviet Russia, Penguin makes You!

Military
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 04:29:20 PM »
Wow... the SEALS are up, aparently noone agrees with Quix... what a surprise

I love how you can try to generalize off of a website like this, I submit that the general population of NO country posts on this website

I did not vote for Bush, I think him being in office is not good, but he is, so you have to take facts as they are

and I shall use your own argument against you Quix.

from you, I can generelize that noone likes the PM, they all think he is a US yes-man, does that mean we own you guys?

he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

?

quixotic

Military
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 04:58:05 PM »
1. Im not American.

2. I ve stated that he is a cockhead but he is a lot better then the fatter alternative at the moment, plus our economy is booming, rates are down, CPI is steady and we actually have a budget surplus for the last 6yrs, previous to this it was a deficit for 10 yrs under labour.

He is doing something right, but hey i didnt vote for him....I VOTED REPUBLICAN!!

And no, you guys donht own us...the Brits do =D. Its just that we got this stOOpid thing called the ANZAC Treaty which says that we will go to war for America and they will do the same for us...

If you meant "What do Australians care about?"

We care about:

Beer
Pies
Birds
Bats
Balls
Beach

Military
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 05:07:37 PM »
I agree with your analysis of th Anzac treaty.

And the Mossad definitely carries out assasinations, so Dr_Quak's statement about them being fit for this is accurate.

- Dionysios

Military
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 05:09:58 PM »
Quix... no shit youre not American, last time I checked, USA does not have a Prime Minister

Wow... that sounds really similar to our president, beside the whole economy thing.

that sucks you can outline your whole culture in six words

- :twisted:

Advocatus Diaboli

Military
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »
Mossad has two sides, inteligence gathering and acting on the intelligence.

Mossad is like MI6 and SAS combined

anyway the CIA doesn't carry out assisinations, whenever they try it is just a total cock up (the same can be said of MI6) what the do do, and what they both do better than anyone since the soviet union broke down, is gather information.

Also isn't ANZAC a treaty between the UK and Australia and New Zealand? not including America?

and we don't own you, Rupert Murdoch owns you - and he just happens to own america and britian too ;-)

?

quixotic

Military
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2006, 05:36:12 PM »
No the ANZAC treaty is between Aus, NZ and America, drafted after Wordl War II.

Seeeef Rupert owns us, his son is a little bitch. Was out at dinner with my partner and a little Suzuki Swift hit his Rolls Royce, deadset flipped on top of it....starts goin nuts at the poor swift owner saying he needs to buy him a new one...mate that guy can afford to buy everyone in the restaurant a Rolls.

I know Mossad has two sides, but can you seriously tell me when a terrorist group attacks say the pentagon...there gonna call the Mossad?? I dont think so...they would use Delta Force.

Mossad is more an international organisation, plus in terms of ethics, the MOssad still are not really the nicest of people (although this is part of the criteria of being in intelligence.

And what i meant by that Crimson, is that we Aussies are very laid back, honest and generally lazy. Thats why we don't really get on anyones nerves like America.

And at the end of the day, if there was a high profile assasination needed, they would more then likely contract it out to one of those Black Ops Knobs who doesn't even exist.

Military
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 05:47:57 PM »
I would be reticent to claim the CIA does not carry out assasinations.  I would believe it does.  It certainly consistently hires out others to commit assainations so it will avoid the blame.  Willaim Blum's 'Losing Hope:  US Military and CIA Interventions 1945-2000' is the best and most comprehensive one volume expose of the CIA's activities worldwide I have ever seen.

Also, Covert Action Quarterly exposes the CIA though it is unfortunately not published as regularly as it used to be.  All the back issues from 1978 to the present are still avilable from the publisher, though early issues are often now photocopies.

Rupert Murdoch certainly owns major media in these countries.  He also owns the Jerusalem Post.  His biggest acquisition occurred in 1998 when he bought the media empire of Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan's financial sponsor.

- Dionysios

Military
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2006, 05:51:18 PM »
well yeh ofc they ain't gonna call Mossad into the pentagon, just as britain ain't gonna call delta forces into Whitehall.

I'm just saying if i want someone killed descretely and i can use anyone i want, i ain't gonna use any american force - i'm going to call Mossad.

and if i want a hostage situation resolved and the hostages left alive, i'm not going to call mossad, or any american force i'm gonna call SAS (or possibly Superman if he is availible).

However if i want that entire building leveled, and i dont' care who dies or who knows what i'm doing i will call American forces.... and perhaps superman again (though he'll probably rescuie the people inside the building first... the panzy)

Military
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2006, 06:15:53 PM »
Again, I completely concur with your analysis.

- Dionysios

?

quixotic

Military
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 06:20:04 PM »
Agreed...

And this post is about the forcefula dn immoral attitude off the American military....

so.....

I gues to finish, shold they be there? Why are they there if we can all see they are not totally effective.

Military
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 06:35:50 PM »
Noone is totally effective, not even the best special force hits with every bullet, or gets every hostage out without a single scratch.

we both agreed that somone needs to be there

Advocatus Diaboli

Military
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 06:39:47 PM »
I go further than mere troop removal from Iraq or elsewhere.  I believe the entire US military should be abolished, if it were only possible.

I have read in 'Middle East' magazine that the Bush administration has unfortuinately proposed the construction of four super baes in Iraq which would last for decades.  One would be inthe northeast near the Kurdich area.  Another in the south, another in the west near the Jordanian border, and the biggest one in the centre of the country.  They plan to locate them away from population areas and use already existing bases as the hubs from which to expand upon.

These could be used as a basis for an invasion of Iran, which could prove to be american suicide if they were stupid enough to ever do it.  The Chinese and Russians both give tentative support to Iran, and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's unanswered letter to Bush from earlier this year outlining a plan for the maintenance of peace has given China and Russia something to work with.

Iran is trying to woo Turkey away from american infuence as Turkey has increased heavy handed policing of Kurdish southeastern Turkey after a few years of relative calm.  To assert that Iraq is not inviolable as america would have it, Iran invaded northern Kurdish controlled Iraq around April of this year and attacked several Kurdish bases in the area.  Turkey has not done anything like this outside its border in Iraq lately in order to retain american support, but Iran's invasion of Iraq ealier this year was a deliberate sign to Turkey to contrast it wth the US as Iran was willing to and did attack Turkey's enemy while the US would view it unfavorably if Turkey did.  I do not condone what Iran did with respect to the Kurds, but I believe that if the US is foolish enough to invade Iraq, it could end up paying for it with its life.  It would not be like the virtually nonresistant Iraqi invasion.

- Dionysios

?

quixotic

Military
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2006, 06:43:38 PM »
Well, i dont really think Iran is too much of a threat...

The only thing we have to be careful of is the sleeping tiger in China. The only Army in the world that has 1 million full time infantry, that a lot of manpower.

They could easily invade us (AUS) tomorrow without a worry from our 40,000 full time Army personnel.

But, hey, guess they'd have a hard time of it with so much coastline =D

Military
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2006, 06:44:57 PM »
Abolishing an army, that is rediculous.  

as for that other dribble you wrote, i really dont feel like responding to what you "read"

Advocatus Diaboli