• 13 Replies
The earth is flat
« on: July 08, 2006, 04:45:33 PM »
just like my arse.

The earth is flat
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 04:48:52 PM »
Maybe.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The earth is flat
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 04:49:23 PM »
I'm an athiest, non-believer, non-evolutionist.  But you lot don't half speak an absolute load of wank.

Are you a bunch of dole-scum hippies?  I laugh my ass off when I read the threads on this idiotic, self-obsessed site.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The earth is flat
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 05:01:16 PM »
It was soooo weird the other day.  I was in a plane and I reached the end of the world.  Suddenly, I was transported (like Star Trek) to the opposite end of the earth.  I was amazed.   But then I remembered that the earth was flat (like all the other planets in our galaxy) but it all made sense.  I also believe that the moon is made out of cheese, and David Hasselhoff is the anti-christ.

The earth is flat
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 05:57:42 PM »
By the way, why spend your free time arguing about the flatness of earth?  Is it just the earth that's flat, or the entire galaxy?  I've seen the ice wall, but it's not as impressive as the Grand Canyon.  The souvenirs were crap too.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
The earth is flat
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 08:41:33 PM »
Quote from: "Pogmothoin"
Is it just the earth that's flat, or the entire galaxy?  .

Pretty sure the galaxy is a flat disk, not a sphere.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

The earth is flat
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 09:48:28 AM »
You don't believe in God, and you don't believe in eveolution? How does that work exactly? To be fair, someone like you has no right to come and try and rip perfectly plausable theories apart, because you obviouslydon't have the capacity to think.

The earth is flat
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 10:50:08 PM »
Pretty sure the galaxy is a flat disk, not a sphere.

the galaxy bulbs up in the center(almost like a sphere) and flattens out toward the edges. no galaxies are perfectly flat, more like super large star clusters.
an vir

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
The earth is flat
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 10:57:08 PM »
Quote from: "semperround"

the galaxy bulbs up in the center(almost like a sphere) and flattens out toward the edges.

Ok, like I said, it's not a sphere.
more like super large star clusters.

Actually, it's made up of many clusters.

-- Bob Hudson

The earth is flat
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 11:08:40 PM »
Pretty sure the galaxy is a flat disk

just trying to make sure there weren't any misunderstandings. this explanation makes it sound like you're comparing a galaxy to a piece of paper.
an vir

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
The earth is flat
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 11:13:05 PM »
When people say that the earth is flat, they don't mean that mountains and valleys don't exist.  It's a generalization of a shape.

-- Bob Hudson

The earth is flat
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 11:37:44 PM »
but there are elliptical and irregular shaped galaxies. galaxies can be (and have been observed to be) spherical or with seemingly no shape at all. so why can't the moon and the other planets be round instead of flat?
an vir

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
The earth is flat
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 12:06:37 AM »
Quote from: "semperround"
but there are elliptical and irregular shaped galaxies. galaxies can be (and have been observed to be) spherical or with seemingly no shape at all. so why can't the moon and the other planets be round instead of flat?

As Erasmus likes to point out, this is trying to project a property of one object onto another.  That's like saying oranges are spherical, so that means that another fruit, a banana, must also be spherical.

-- Bob Hudson

The earth is flat
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 12:33:59 AM »
unless i am mistaken, it sounds like he is contradicting himself. the earth is flat so every other celestial body is flat. either that or he claims that he doesn't know or is impossible to tell from our perpective what the shape of these objects really are.
an vir