the sun

• 81 Replies
?

Squat

Re: the sun
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2009, 05:43:27 AM »
It has been calculated on here that the 32 mile diameter FE sun would actually need to output less heat per square inch to heat the earth.

. . . need to output less heat per square inch than what to heat the earth? 

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2009, 11:24:59 AM »
It has been calculated on here that the 32 mile diameter FE sun would actually need to output less heat per square inch to heat the earth.

To warm yourself with a fire 5 feet away all you need is a small bondfire. To warm yourself with a fire 500 feet away, you need a raging forest fire.

The surface of the earth absords petajoules of energy. It needs to output less heat, yes. It needs to output enough heat for these measured values to be accurate. Don't try to avoid this. Where is the suns energy coming from?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:26:47 AM by elodbob »

W

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2009, 11:26:50 AM »
Don't try to avoid this.

And there you have it. Listen, Tom isn't paid to be here. He isn't required to answer your questions. Get over your false sense of entitlement.

If he answers it, then great, lucky you. If not, oh well. But don't act like he has some obligation to do anything for you.
If you say that the earth is flat, you are destroying centuries of evolution.

?

KatiePipkin

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2009, 11:55:26 AM »
Don't try to avoid this.

And there you have it. Listen, Tom isn't paid to be here. He isn't required to answer your questions. Get over your false sense of entitlement.

If he answers it, then great, lucky you. If not, oh well. But don't act like he has some obligation to do anything for you.

To be honest I'd rather have someone other than Tom answering the questions. He tends to be wrong a lot, from what I've seen so far, and isn't very good at getting his scientific facts straight. Mind you, he's better than James.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2009, 12:18:04 PM »
Some points -

1. Is convection totally out of the question? If NASA is not to be trusted how do we really know there is a vacuum between the Sun and Earth

2. If the earth is heated by radiation, the FE sun would have to produce more energy per unit area and therefore have a higher temperature

3. Why hasn't the sun melted down? No one knows. No one has been to the sun and any explanations are pure speculations. Also, the Sun is a sphere. It does not have to be a disk for FE to work.

?

KatiePipkin

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2009, 12:31:22 PM »
Some points -

1. Is convection totally out of the question? If NASA is not to be trusted how do we really know there is a vacuum between the Sun and Earth

2. If the earth is heated by radiation, the FE sun would have to produce more energy per unit area and therefore have a higher temperature

3. Why hasn't the sun melted down? No one knows. No one has been to the sun and any explanations are pure speculations. Also, the Sun is a sphere. It does not have to be a disk for FE to work.

Yay, now we have two flatters, one who says the FE sun produces less energy per unit area than the RE Sun and the other who says the exact opposite. That's helpful.
Kepler, your points are all up to your usual standard. Good man.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2009, 12:36:47 PM »
Some points -

Yay, now we have two flatters, one who says the FE sun produces less energy per unit area than the RE Sun and the other who says the exact opposite. That's helpful.
Kepler, your points are all up to your usual standard. Good man.
If the earth is heated by radiation.

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2009, 01:33:26 PM »
Some points -

The surface of the earth recieves about 1k joules/m^2. That's a hell of a lot of energy for a 32 mile radius disk, or ball near that size to be putting out. That is how much heat is reaching the surface of the earth. This energy must be accounted for.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2009, 07:01:15 PM »
Let's not forget that there is also heat coming from underneath the Earth. Many estimates of Solar output fail to take this in to account, figuring the Sun to be so much larger than the Earth (completely wrongly).
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2009, 08:50:37 PM »
That still has no concrete answer. Solar power absorbs photons, not heat. Solar power makes quite a lot of energy in the world every day. What is the fuel source for these photons that power our daily lives? If you say the sun, that's cool, but what is the fuel source for the sun.

W

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2009, 08:51:41 PM »
That still has no concrete answer. Solar power absorbs photons, not heat. Solar power makes quite a lot of energy in the world every day. What is the fuel source for these photons that power our daily lives? If you say the sun, that's cool, but what is the fuel source for the sun.

Post a pic, then we'll talk.

Johannes

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2009, 09:01:25 PM »
Even NASA does not know what is in the sun, what makes you think we should know ?

W

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2009, 09:05:35 PM »
Even NASA does not know what is in the sun, what makes you think we should know ?

NASA doesn't really know much of anything, except how to steal billions of tax dollars from the American public by faking a space program.

edenn

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2009, 10:26:07 PM »

NASA doesn't really know much of anything, except how to steal billions of tax dollars from the American public by faking a space program.

Do you know what is national debt?
Do you know with every war national debt increase dramaticaly.
Do you know national bank of USA is private?

Here is debt: $11,716,563,436,531.39 ( 10 hours ago )

?

Squat

« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2009, 12:25:19 AM »
Let's not forget that there is also heat coming from underneath the Earth.

Nope. I went out last night and felt the ground. It was cold; someone must have turned the heat off.

Many estimates of Solar output fail to take this in to account, figuring the Sun to be so much larger than the Earth (completely wrongly).

Why does the ground get cold at night?

W

« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2009, 12:40:19 AM »
Let's not forget that there is also heat coming from underneath the Earth.

Nope. I went out last night and felt the ground. It was cold; someone must have turned the heat off.

Many estimates of Solar output fail to take this in to account, figuring the Sun to be so much larger than the Earth (completely wrongly).

Why does the ground get cold at night?

::)

?

Squat

« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2009, 12:49:43 AM »

This sort of low content posting is not allowed.

So Mr "I have an IQ of 176", if the earth is heated from below, why does it cool down at night? Do the conspiracy bosses turn the heat off?

W

« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2009, 12:54:17 AM »

So Mr "I have an IQ of 176", if the earth is heated from below, why does it cool down at night? Do the conspiracy bosses turn the heat off?

So Mr "I'm a snotty and condescending jerk,"

1) I never said the earth was heated from below. That was someone else's belief. You can't just lump all flat earthers together.

2) If the earth were heated from below, the temperature of the ground would have nothing to do with it.

Try to be a bit more polite and people will be more inclined to help you out.

?

Squat

« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2009, 01:00:16 AM »

2) If the earth were heated from below, the temperature of the ground would have nothing to do with it.

Why not?  When I heat a frying pan from below the top surface of the frying pan gets hot. If the earth is heated from below the surface of the earth should get hot and in some places it does just that. Why does the surface of the earth cool down at night?

Presumably this heat from below isn't uniform because Greenland is covered in white stuff.

It's a simple question by the way. If you can't answer it why did you respond earlier with just a " ::)"

W

« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2009, 09:21:55 AM »

Why not?  When I heat a frying pan from below the top surface of the frying pan gets hot. If the earth is heated from below the surface of the earth should get hot and in some places it does just that. Why does the surface of the earth cool down at night?

Presumably this heat from below isn't uniform because Greenland is covered in white stuff.

It's a simple question by the way. If you can't answer it why did you respond earlier with just a " ::)"

I never said the earth was heated from below. Best talk to someone who believes that theory about that.

?

dyno

« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2009, 07:16:00 AM »

1) I never said the earth was heated from below. That was someone else's belief. You can't just lump all flat earthers together.

This relates to how others should view your posts. As coherent well thought arguments or gibberish.
What did you mean by "If the earth were heated from below, the temperature of the ground would have nothing to do with it"???
Are you asserting that the ground is unaffected by convection, conduction and radiation?

W

« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2009, 07:45:45 AM »

This relates to how others should view your posts. As coherent well thought arguments or gibberish.
What did you mean by "If the earth were heated from below, the temperature of the ground would have nothing to do with it"???
Are you asserting that the ground is unaffected by convection, conduction and radiation?

I never said the earth was heated from below. I believe it is heated by the sun. That's why it's colder at night.