In Case of Zombies

• 862 Replies

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
Re: In Case of Zombies
« Reply #390 on: December 29, 2009, 06:16:24 PM »
No, but how many 250 lb weightlifters are there?

But I do agree that quite a few of them would get turned to zombie pretty quickly.

That's not my point, my point is that the 250 lb weight lifter while quite effective at getting the disease (he could easily get away from a zombie that bit him) would most likely kill his victims. The more easily you survive getting the disease the less likely it is your victims will do the same. The Strengthave of the population of zombies would have a positive derivative as long as the population of humans was large enough to restock random deaths. Yet as the strength of zombies increases the population growth for zombies will decrease as they kill their victims more often.

It would be an interesting effect.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #391 on: December 31, 2009, 02:56:09 AM »
Te wife bought me ead Rising on the Wii for Xmas. It is scaring the crap out of me.
Stop all this nonesense and bring on the lapdancers.
I understand Jack1704. It's a Brit thing.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #392 on: December 31, 2009, 02:56:42 AM »
But i can run them over with a lawn mower.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #393 on: January 04, 2010, 01:27:25 PM »
That's my girlfriend's favorite thing to do, too.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #394 on: January 04, 2010, 03:01:20 PM »
That's my girlfriend's favorite thing to do, too.
Just had to go around in the bloody dark. Arris twitching.

?

Sentient Fridge

• Official Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #395 on: January 04, 2010, 05:22:29 PM »
I enjoyed bashing cash registers on their heads.

If we are speaking of the same game, which I think we are.

It got old after doing that for five minutes.

you cant see moutains because you have no eyes
DON'T EVER LEAVE, VONGEO, MOTHERFUH-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #396 on: January 05, 2010, 03:58:59 AM »
I think Zombies should be contained and eliminated.

But im sure some asshole from the ACLU is gonna go ahead and try to have them "protected" because its a "disease" and it isn't their fault.

The same thing happened with vampires up in Salems Lot back in the 70's and we all know how that turned out.

« Reply #397 on: January 07, 2010, 02:52:04 AM »
But im sure some asshole from the ACLU is gonna go ahead and try to have them "protected" because its a "disease" and it isn't their fault.

That would be murder. We don't exterminate people with AIDS or rabies, so why is this any different (unless it becomes a pandemic outbreak OMGWTFBBQ).

How would you kill the infected. Lock them up in camps until you get around to killing them? Maybe with a gas chamber? What would you tell the families? What would you tell the rest of the world?

Unless zombies become a serious threat to global stability they should be treated like sick people, because that is what they are.
When I was 5 years old my mum always told me that happiness was the key to life.
When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I wrote down "happy."
They told me I didn't understand the assignment.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #398 on: January 07, 2010, 03:57:57 AM »

That would be murder. We don't exterminate people with AIDS or rabies, so why is this any different (unless it becomes a pandemic outbreak OMGWTFBBQ).

How would you kill the infected. Lock them up in camps until you get around to killing them? Maybe with a gas chamber? What would you tell the families? What would you tell the rest of the world?

Unless zombies become a serious threat to global stability they should be treated like sick people, because that is what they are.
See? I win.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #399 on: January 07, 2010, 07:09:14 AM »

If someone with AIDS perpetually tries to spread it we kill them for murder. If someone has rabies we pin them down and give them painkillers til they die. Zombies are technically braindead killing them is Euthenizing murderers.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #400 on: January 07, 2010, 08:10:02 AM »
It's my opinion that there is a DNA sequence that protects against being zombiefied. We should strive to identify people carrying this sequence and make them the frontline zombie eradicators.  A mandatory cheek swab should be enforced immediately.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #401 on: January 07, 2010, 09:07:07 AM »
So people with a certain dna will be sent to the front lines to die against the zombies?

This sounds suspiciously like genocide ;)

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #402 on: January 07, 2010, 10:32:48 AM »
So people with a certain dna will be sent to the front lines to die against the zombies?

This sounds suspiciously like genocide ;)
A better idea would be to quickly breed these people.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #403 on: January 07, 2010, 10:37:33 AM »
Sacrifices will have to be made.  This is always true in times of great peril. 

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #404 on: January 07, 2010, 11:19:59 AM »
Sacrifices will have to be made.  This is always true in times of great peril. 
Tje needs of the many and all that jazz.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #405 on: January 07, 2010, 11:24:28 AM »
Just cannon fodder or, in this case, zombie spit.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #406 on: January 07, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
I know more about zombies than the rest of you because I live in pittsburgh and have met and spoken with George Romero.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #407 on: January 07, 2010, 11:32:16 AM »
I know more about zombies than the rest of you because I live in pittsburgh and have met and spoken with George Romero.
Fail............I work next to a call centre.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #408 on: January 07, 2010, 11:37:19 AM »

Ha, Yankees know nothing about zombies, i.e., I'll bet you have no supply of rooster blood on hand and no blue paint.  While these are not sure fire, it can't hurt to strew a little of each about on your thresholds and window sills.

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #409 on: January 07, 2010, 11:43:05 AM »

Ha, Yankees know nothing about zombies, i.e., I'll bet you have no supply of rooster blood on hand and no blue paint.  While these are not sure fire, it can't hurt to strew a little of each about on your thresholds and window sills.
>:( WE INVENTED ZOMBIES AS YOU KNOW THEM!

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #410 on: January 07, 2010, 12:13:42 PM »

>:( WE INVENTED ZOMBIES AS YOU KNOW THEM!
Who did?

« Reply #411 on: January 07, 2010, 09:50:19 PM »

If someone with AIDS perpetually tries to spread it we kill them for murder. If someone has rabies we pin them down and give them painkillers til they die. Zombies are technically braindead killing them is Euthenizing murderers.

All true.
But, if someone with AIDS (but a special type of AIDS that won’t kill them, just for this example) perpetually tries to spread it AND is insane, we lock them up and try to make them sane again. If someone has rabies we pin them down and give them painkillers til they die because there is no cure and they will die anyway in a more painful and less dignifying manner. If they weren’t going to die but were still bat shit crazy we would lock them up and keep searching for a cure because their life is worth the effort.

See?
When I was 5 years old my mum always told me that happiness was the key to life.
I wrote down "happy."

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #412 on: January 07, 2010, 10:43:56 PM »
Zombies are already dead. They are reanimated corpses with limited brain functionality, and a disease that does kill. I also doubt that during a zombie apocalypse we would be debating the legal quandaries of whether they should be killed. That would be on par with in a time of war demanding that troops find a jury of someone's peers before they fire back because he might be innocent.

There is a difference between defense and justice.

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #413 on: January 08, 2010, 10:26:03 AM »
George A. Romano Presents

An ACLU Film

In conjunction with liberal americans everywhere

DAWN OF ZOMBIE RIGHTS

« Reply #414 on: January 08, 2010, 08:22:10 PM »
Zombies are already dead. They are reanimated corpses with limited brain functionality, and a disease that does kill. I also doubt that during a zombie apocalypse we would be debating the legal quandaries of whether they should be killed. That would be on par with in a time of war demanding that troops find a jury of someone's peers before they fire back because he might be innocent.

Oh. That makes more sense.
I thought we were talking living people with super-rabies or something. And obviously I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't kill them if they try and kill you. I'm just saying that before and after the apocalypse (because obviously the zombies would get owned) they have just as much right to live as any other diseased person.
Unless they actually are reanimated corpses and not infected.
I wrote down "happy."

« Reply #415 on: January 08, 2010, 10:14:49 PM »

Oh. That makes more sense.
I thought we were talking living people with super-rabies or something. And obviously I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't kill them if they try and kill you. I'm just saying that before and after the apocalypse (because obviously the zombies would get owned) they have just as much right to live as any other diseased person.
Unless they actually are reanimated corpses and not infected.

We are talking about a super rabies virus that totally wipes out the "personality" part of the brain, making the person equivalent to them being dead, except that they are bloodthirsty monsters now.
By "dead" we mean all traces of the old person's thoughts, emotions, and memories have been destroyed.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #416 on: January 09, 2010, 01:27:19 AM »
We are talking Terri Schiavo but on a killing spree.

« Reply #417 on: January 09, 2010, 03:21:10 AM »
We are talking about a super rabies virus that totally wipes out the "personality" part of the brain, making the person equivalent to them being dead, except that they are bloodthirsty monsters now.
By "dead" we mean all traces of the old person's thoughts, emotions, and memories have been destroyed.

Except they aren't dead. They are alive. If they are alive there is a chance we can cure them. We must find out whether the wipe is impossible to reverse. If it isn't then we'd have to euthanize them, if it is reversible we'd have to reverse it. If we don't know/can't find out we'd just have to contain them.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 03:26:39 AM by toothyp1cks »
I wrote down "happy."

theonlydann

• Official Member
« Reply #418 on: January 09, 2010, 03:32:27 AM »

Except they aren't dead. They are alive. If they are alive there is a chance we can cure them. We must find out whether the wipe is impossible to reverse. If it isn't then we'd have to euthanize them, if it is reversible we'd have to reverse it. If we don't know/can't find out we'd just have to contain them.
Or we could preserve our own right to life and let all the Zombie sympathizers ( also known as zombie snacks) go talk to them and try to figure out cures.

Jack1704

• Official Member
  • Francine?!?!?
« Reply #419 on: January 09, 2010, 03:35:58 AM »

Or we could preserve our own right to life and let all the Zombie sympathizers ( also known as zombie snacks) go talk to them and try to figure out cures.
I agree with this.,